The pics thread

il_fullxfull.1367034422_lui7.jpg

Ouch.

Working at a gun shop allows you to see some neat weapons.

This is a WW2 era M1 Garand a guy brought in to shoot. Super jealous of this dude when he showed it to me. He paid 2000 USD for it.42841.jpeg

Wait, when did you start working at a gun store dude?

About 2 months ago as a part time gig to get some extra money on top of my other full time job. I work about 5 hours a week on a given weekend day (whenever I'm scheduled to work basically). I do sales (which I suck at because I took this job to GET the knowledge to educate people. I know enough to educate someone brand new to guns but most people who come in know more than I do) and range safety officer (sweep brass, make sure people don't kill themselves on the range by being stupid, teach people how to operate firearms, etc)

Reactions: CiG
That's cool, and it might suck doing sales when you don't have the knowledge you need yet to do the job, but there's no faster way to learn than to be put in a position like that, haha. I worked the electrical department of a hardware store when I was in my early 20's and I didn't know shit about it, but I learned fucking fast because if you don't you'll have a horrible time dealing with customers.

That's cool, and it might suck doing sales when you don't have the knowledge you need yet to do the job, but there's no faster way to learn than to be put in a position like that, haha. I worked the electrical department of a hardware store when I was in my early 20's and I didn't know shit about it, but I learned fucking fast because if you don't you'll have a horrible time dealing with customers.

I have previous customer service knowledge and everyone there has a similar mindset about things so it isn't so bad. I get to carry a gun at work and curse in front of customers so that's nice too.

She!? Jesus how did you land this seemingly dream job. I've met a lot of dirty mouthed women at work because we do construction and it attracts the type, it's great. In old jobs women were always the ones reporting people for crude language, swearing etc but in my current profession you don't have to self-censor.

I dunno how I'd go back to being in the regular job market at this point.