The pics thread

yea i think you mentioned the whole comicsgate things last year or something. I had been out of the "comic swing" for years and If im not mistaken the first time i heard it was from you.

its fucked up how they're basically trying to blackball some of these guys. Ethan Van Sciver for example is a better artist than about 95% of the guys in marvels bullpen but some companies are afraid to fuck with him now because of the pressure a couple of the big heads over at marvel are putting on them. I'm just glad that most of the fans see it though.

Reactions: CiG
I generally think these kinds of events are necessary now. Independent filmmakers, comic book artists, record labels etc, funded by actual fans rather than gigantic corporations that are prey to HR department worms.

I think maybe I've heard of these guys, I definitely recognise a few titles they're selling. Funnily enough Alan Moore actually came out recently against #comicsgate but honestly he's a couple of years late to the party, it's already winding down now that most of the figures have fundraised their projects and are already working on second and third projects. The purpose of the hashtag is basically done with.

and now this thing

safe_image.php

i just realized that i haven't read a new DC comic in a while
has DC become as bad as Marvel in regard to "pumping out Leftist SJW garbage"??
im not sure dude i just jumped back in and only picked up a few DC books. but i remember something about Batwoman being a lesbo back around the time i stopped reading. I know they're not as spinless as marvel though, that;s for sure.

remember something about Batwoman being a lesbo
IIRC
Batwoman becoming a lesbian was DC trying to be "inclusive" and "copy Marvel's progressive" thing
batwoman becoming a lesbian was in response to marvel having a gay couple getting married or something

IIRC all these Marvel characters were already out-of-the-closet gay before batwoman became a lesbian
gay characters in marvel comics - Google Search

IIRC
Batwoman becoming a lesbian was DC trying to be "inclusive" and "copy Marvel's progressive" thing
batwoman becoming a lesbian was in response to marvel having a gay couple getting married or something

IIRC all these Marvel characters were already out-of-the-closet gay before batwoman became a lesbian
gay characters in marvel comics - Google Search
yeah. i think the last straw for me was when i was reading an issue of X-Factor and two of the dudes made out.