The pics thread

I find it very amusing that you misspelled misspelled :p

popedeathstarye3.jpg

I'm guessing the word nitpicking/nit-picking comes from it's literal "picking nits" (I'm sure you actually know what a nit is) however meaning to criticize someone by pointing out minor or insignificant flaws/details (for example).

I'm guessing the word nitpicking/nit-picking comes from it's literal "picking nits" (I'm sure you actually know what a nit is) however meaning to criticize someone by pointing out minor or insignificant flaws/details (for example).

A: The challenge was for WAIF to answer. Way to ruin it.

B: I obviously knew what the expression.

C: I've never heard / read the term "nit" to refer to lice until just now when I looked it up. I still say that "knit-picking" makes just as much sense.

But I'm bored :p

And wouldn't knit-unpicking actually make more sense, being used this context? Unless you're referring the act of choosing a knit fabric. I guess knit-picking also looks weird to me because I generally associate the word knit with the action of knitting or to knit.

When I say "knit picking", I envision someone actually picking apart some... knitted thing. Like picking the individual knits apart.

God damn it I still think it makes more sense that way and I'll take this fight all the way to the fucking capitol.

But you say "pick your nose" not "pick you boogers"

But that's a different thing...picking lint off any fabric is still the act of picking lint wouldn't you say? And since when is English consistent anyhow.

But still TIACN, isn't 'picking' fabrics apart actually called unpicking? Unpicking stitches, seams etc.