The pics thread

Don't see why it's so crazy. Is it THAT amazing that there are people under 21 who don't drink nowadays? It is illegal and all, I've seen what it can do to people, none of my friends drink regularly, etc. Also I don't enjoy the whole "party" thing; not my scene. :)

On the note of illegal, laws are weird.
It's like, you don't really think of it as illegal sometimes. Like when you download music, or when I was drinking when I was 16 and stuff. It was like "This is just how life should be".

On the note of illegal, laws are weird.
It's like, you don't really think of it as illegal sometimes. Like when you download music, or when I was drinking when I was 16 and stuff. It was like "This is just how life should be".

Exactly! It's like when I abduct little girls and slowly rape and torture them, I'm just like, "This is just how life should be."

Don't see why it's so crazy. Is it THAT amazing that there are people under 21 who don't drink nowadays? It is illegal and all, I've seen what it can do to people, none of my friends drink regularly, etc. Also I don't enjoy the whole "party" thing; not my scene. :)

I am in the same boat and am tired of seeing and putting up with shit from people because of it, and not being able to find decent friends or girls who aren't in the crowd mentality in that context. And I think if you do something that alters you, like drink, for the sake of 'being social' in any way, you're weak. Also, I have no tolerance for how it tastes or smells, gtfo if you're in my face and have been chugging it.

And I think if you do something that alters you, like drink, for the sake of 'being social' in any way, you're weak.
On this point, I see nothing wrong with having a couple of drinks to reduce anxiety in social situations. For people who are shy, but maybe not enough to go on medication, drinking in social situations is really helpful. It has a far lower risk and cost than going on medications.

The unfortunate thing is, there's not really any choir to preach that to, the reality being it's pretty much all about doing it because it's the thing to do when it comes down to it, and then it turns into worse things....but even here, I still have a bit of a problem.. maybe shy people shouldn't have to worry about being persecuted by a bunch of assholes all the time and shouldn't feel the need to alter themselves to fit in, once again.

Can't speak for everyone, but I drink because I like what I drink. Drinking something you don't like just to fit in though is a completely different issue, and is full of the same fail as doing anything else to just fit in.

the reality being it's pretty much all about doing it because it's the thing to do when it comes down to it, and then it turns into worse things.
...No. You've got a real juvenile attitude about this. The only context you know drinking in is parties. When you grow up, you will realize this is not what drinking is about. 75% of the drinking I do is at home by myself. I like trying new beers and writing reviews, or grabbing something familiar to listen to music or read a book with. It's fun to catch up with friends by hitting a few bars.

bwahaha, that's where you meet Iggy, my friend. "When you grow up.." Rich! From someone a month and 10 days apart in birth. What do you know of me, sir? Piss off, please. I never said it was all about a party context, but a huge majority of it IS there, which encompasses ALL ages, and a huge majority of it also STARTS there, and NONE of *that* can be refuted. See 'pretty much' pretext. Good for you since you're not the same and so forth, have a cookie, be elite.

What I would ask is, if it comes down to it and no outside source is involved whatsoever, why would a person choose the alcoholic drink over the non-alcoholic, barring the hobby of something like wine or beer tasting? What is the trait or traits that push it, in it's own respect, far far above any other form of refreshment? Why do I not have a right to be suspect?

But I wouldn't ask, because I have no further use in this particular exchange with this kind of attitude responding to something *polite* I said.

What I would ask is, if it comes down to it and no outside source is involved whatsoever, why would a person choose the alcoholic drink over the non-alcoholic, barring the hobby of something like wine or beer tasting?

To get drunk? Believe it or not some people enjoy doing that on their own. Why? Because for them it feels good, not that they have an obligation to explain themselves anyway.

To get drunk? Believe it or not some people enjoy doing that on their own. Why? Because for them it feels good, not that they have an obligation to explain themselves anyway.

Exactly. That's weak too, BUT I can *understand* for example if you're pretty much in the dumps and just don't give a damn anymore, then you have noone to answer to but yourself, I sympathize to an extent with depression and I also condone that kind of independance. Yeah, I think it's pretty weak, but you're not doing it and being a complete sheep at least, even if the reason you *started* drinking was sheepy. Kinda like suicide. Weak, but you do it because you've freed yourself from opinion...well, to an extent at least. That's a whole other discussion full of irony.

The taste thing is fine enough, now I only need to actually meet some people who are that way, any ideas?