The pics thread

If you like beer you'll like Vaginamite? That's the first time I've heard that.
Sure it's made from yeast and it was created as a way to get rid of excess yeast that the brewers couldn't but if beer tasted like that I certainly wouldn't drink beer.
It's really just a very salty paste with a splattering of spices to liven the taste up a bit.
However you can make a form of beer from Vegemite.

W23UuDY.png

....now you've heard it twice
wt5c4DP.png

...and thrice

i have no clue what vegamite tastes like, but maybe Mr Beale is more familiar with beer than you are?

Mr Beale said the same thing I said but with different words, it has similarities to beer, not that it tastes like beer.
The comment about disliking beer and Vegemite has more to do with the way yeast tangs in the mouth than it does the actually taste.
Years ago when the yeast used actually came out of the beer factory it was a stinking, pungent, gagging, fucking smell that permeated the suburbs on a hot day, it was borderline gross the hotter it got. It was the sort of smell that put you off beer and yeast based products.

Not that I expect anyone to take my word for it when there is so many experts on the internet but I can tell you the beer sitting in front of me right now, which is made with the same formula that saw the need to get rid of the excess yeast and opened the 1922 competition that created Vegemite, tastes nothing like the paste I spread on my toast this morning.

dude, he literally said "if you dislike beer you'll dislike vegamite"... which is pretty much what i said i've heard. You basically said you disagree with that statement. Stop trying to shift words around.

And all i did is use two random quotes out of dozens and dozens that started popping up. To me there is no difference between their opinion and yours, especially when you yourself are always passing yourself off as some kind of expert on everything Australian.

Now, i know you're a bread expert so i have to ask ... is there a difference between brewers yeast and regular yeast? And what kind of yeast is used in vegamite?

I offered you an opinion based on actually knowing both products, then explained why I had that opinion. If that's being an expert then I guess I have to wear that hat.

Bread is not an Australian invention, I obviously don't know enough about it to formulate the right explanation to satisfy such an inquisitive mind.

That's the most autistic I've ever seen Slammed be about something lmfao. The connection between beer and Vegemite is just about them both being bitter, and so the idea is that if you like the taste of bitter beer you will probably like the taste of Vegemite, or the opposite, if you dislike bitter beer etc.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
i keep hearing... "if you love the taste of beer you'll really like it..."

If you like beer you'll like Vaginamite? That's the first time I've heard that.

if you dislike beer, you will probably dislikle vegemite

if you like the taste of bitter beer you will probably like the taste of Vegemite

Yep that's exactly what I said.

Lelz

Reactions: CiG
The real question is can Vegemite actually be considered power metal, or is it actually heavy metal with hints of power.