The Plastic Surgery Debate Thread

is it a sin?

u1_michael_jackson.jpg

/thread

I'm pretty indifferent on the subject, people are free to do whatever they want to do to themselves and as long as it isn't something that I deem as incredibly stupid I'm not going to pass judgement on them for it. Really, the only thing that comes to mind as something that would make me judge somebody as a moron is body building but that isn't something that happens over night, it's a long term commitment to idiocy.

Somebody will probably be a smart ass and say that the analogy sucks because after plastic surgery people look terrible for a time while the swelling and inflamation go down : [

Hah, yeah.

And to all the guys that try to be noble and say "Fakeness isn't attractive," you should stop kidding yourselves. If a good looking woman came up to you with surgical results like Ozzman suggested, you'd completely forget about what you said.

I don't know if this follows the "real/fake attractive" thing but I prefer classy women, as in ones that aren't flaunting their SURGICALLY ENHANCED BREASTS. Big turn off. On anoter note, the same thing goes for lip stick/lip gloss, lip gloss is so much more attractive than fire engine red lips lol, I don't even know where that falls under the real/fake thing, I guess that's just discretion... Oooh, I'm tired.

I am curious as to what you guys think of plastic surgery. I believe that its ok if you have a good reason to get it. Techinically i've had it myself. I had a rather large bump on my nose and i had to have it removed because it was somehow messing with my nasal passages, and I also had to have my deviated septum fixed. I'm not ashamed of what I did, although many people have tried to make me feel that way. Recently one girl at my school said she noticed something different about me. I told her i had surgery on my nose and she automatically (assuming the surgery was solely for the reason of removing the bump for better looks) started arguing and almost yelling at me. She kept saying "What's wrong with you? Why would you ever want to change yourself? How could you possibly change the way God made you?" I hated being attacked in front of a lot of people and it really made me feel like a bad person.

I'm just curious as to what you're take on plastic surgery is. Is it ok for medical reasons? Is it ok to want to change yourself, or is it a sin?

If it is for medical reasons then it is reasonable. For example, your face got obliterated in some car accident. A Japanese friend had one operation on his nose too for some medical problem. Can't remember the exact details. I dont think it is a "sin" but I think it is dumb, if it is just because you feel you need to look better.

I am generally against plastic surgery unless it's for a health reason, or for a serious problem...I'm not saying it's wrong, I just don't agree with it.

Let people do what they want, it doesn't really hurt anyone. Although I agree in most cases it just shows a lack self-acceptance, which is weak, but like I said, it doesn't affect me so I'm not going to protest it.

For those arguing against, where do you draw the line in saying something is "necessary"? In the case of a burns victim? Would plastic surgery be ok to restore their appearance? I'll pre-empt your argument which I assume will be "its ok to the point they are simply restoring to what they used to look like" - and then consider someone with other scarring (self inflicted or otherwise) - what is ok in that case?

*edit* also there was a girl that works with me who got a boob job. imo it looks shit - they are too big and she is now kinda hunched over .... so bad luck to her. haha

*edit* also there was a girl that works with me who got a boob job. imo it looks shit - they are too big and she is now kinda hunched over .... so bad luck to her. haha

:lol:that fuckin sucks, so now she's a hunchback with giant boobs?

I would say when a person has desire to get plastic surgery when there is absolutely nothing wrong with a person's appearance, outside of what is considered 'average/ordinary.' Of course, it isn't just that - I think implants, lips or nose jobs are also very very unattractive, and most often done so for reasons I don't agree with. I dislike the 'fake' look, as well as I think most females wear too much makeup, and both I think actually work against whatever natural beauty they may have imo.

I would say when a person has desire to get plastic surgery when there is absolutely nothing wrong with a person's appearance, outside of what is considered 'average/ordinary.' Of course, it isn't just that - I think implants, lips or nose jobs are also very very unattractive, and most often done so for reasons I don't agree with. I dislike the 'fake' look, as well as I think most females wear too much makeup, and both I think actually work against whatever natural beauty they may have imo.

Again, how would you be able to tell anyway? Say you come across a woman with a bigger-than-average chest, how do you know if they're fake or not? Right, you don't; so I'm assuming you just don't like big breasts. In my opinion, a good boob job is way more attractive than a flat or misshapen chest.

Again, how would you be able to tell anyway? Say you come across a woman with a bigger-than-average chest, how do you know if they're fake or not? Right, you can't; so I'm assuming you just don't like big breasts. In my opinion, a good boob job is way more attractive than a flat or mishapen chest.

Well, I am speaking more so in principle than anything else. And of course it's not always possible to tell, but usually with lips or face lifts it is, and every time I have been able to, I've been turned off. I will always prefer a natural attractive female over a 'fake' one.

Well, I am speaking more so in principle than anything else. And of course it's not always possible to tell, but usually with lips or face lifts it is, and every time I have been able to, I've been turned off. I will always prefer a natural attractive female over a 'fake' one.

So does that mean the Bionic Woman isn't pretty? :cry:

lol, well I don't pay attention to TV or mainstream entertainment so it's my fault really for being clueless.

And well, nothing against her because I have no idea who she is lol...but I think most of those pics she is wearing too much makeup, and the pic looks so edited, and processed...so this is an example of something that isn't my thing...as I've said I prefer a more natural look than this...just my opinion really.
NUP_105443_0198-thumb.jpg

Well, keep in mind it's a promotional photo shoot, so she has no say on what goes on her face. To be honest I'm not too interested in the new re-make of the show, but I think she's pretty.

I have a concaved chest. It is a defect. So the "God made everyone perfect" theory is complete bs and i'm living proof. I would love if it could be fixed somehow like plastic surgery, but if it stays concaved big deal.