The Political Compass

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
www.politicalcompass.org

This is interesting. It's a test to see what your political alignment is. According to the results, I end up somewhere in the vicinity of Ghandi and Mandela. But the most interesting thing is that political analysts have plotted the positions of several world leaders. John Howard is more authoritarian than Gerhard Schroder of Germany, Paul Martin of Canada, Tony Blair, Jacques Chirac, the Pope and Silvio Berlusconi of Italy and almost as far to the right as George W. Bush. Scary indeed.

I did this the other day,

My results were

Economic Left/Right: -8.34
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.63

Which is further left and further libertarian than any political leader.

I like that.

I'm down near The Dalai Lama and Mandela too. Looks closer to The Dalai Lama to me.

Economic Left/Right: -5.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

Although a few of those questions were stupid and I wasn't sure how to answer them.

Example:
A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.

That *IS* a signigicant advantage of a one-party state. It doesn't mean that I think a one-party state is a good idea though.

I think a one party state, run by me,would be great.

If liberal win this election, I am seceding from the commonwealth and starting my own country.

Who wants to join, we have 1 spare room.

Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.21

Goreripper said:
John Howard is more authoritarian than Gerhard Schroder of Germany, Paul Martin of Canada, Tony Blair, Jacques Chirac, the Pope and Silvio Berlusconi of Italy and almost as far to the right as George W. Bush. Scary indeed.
I have to question the accuracy of that, because after answering all the questions with with an extreme view I still ended up nearer the mean than Howard and Bush.. :err:

I have no idea about this. I started guessing the answers about three questions into it. It started getting easier on page 3 though.

Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

Spiffo has said in the past that im both a leftist fascist and a rightist elitest, depending on what we are arguing about, so I am wondering what ill get...

Economic Left/Right: -3.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.15

Turns out im a leftist fascist! Well, im on the left side anyway, according to this, but nobody famous is close to me.

Im nowhere near Ghandi. Im not near anyone. Maybe when people say they have never met anyone like me, they really do mean it perhaps...

You weak little pacifists, non violent protest doesnt work if you are under a tank!

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

That puts me down near the Dalai Lama. Fuck yeah.

It's kinda hard to answer some questions though, as I need to qualify them.

Spiff said:
I have no idea about this. I started guessing the answers about three questions into it. It started getting easier on page 3 though.

Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
You started guessing? How can you guess? You just need to give your opinion about each one. There's no right or wrong.

Why are you people all around the Dalai Lama or Ghandi? Do you all hug trees or something? I hope we are never attacked because you lot will get us all killed, I (and possibly Southy) will be the only two people defending the homeland while you lot sit there in a robe and hug each other!

Goreripper said:
You started guessing? How can you guess? You just need to give your opinion about each one. There's no right or wrong.
I only guessed a couple of them regarding things that I had no idea about. Most of it I got through OK.

Going back and looking at it again, they all seem much easier to understand than yesterday. Perhaps I'll give it another go.

spawn said:
Why are you people all around the Dalai Lama or Ghandi?
I'm not. I almost right in the centre, which gives me the perfect blend of ignorance and arrogance.