The PoS thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Scanner, I'm adding you to my ignore list because I'm sick of your advertisement.

There's enough hypocrisy in this statement to sink several ships: "I intend to NOT take the blame for sitting by idly and waiting for someone to tell me who I should like and who I should vote for. How about you?"

Hey Ken,

Please put me on your ignore list. That way I won’t have to hear any more of the defeatist rhetoric you are known for. How are those moving plans coming along by the way? Have you found your utopia yet? Please let us all know when you get there and how great it is.

Hypocrisy? Where have I EVER told anyone who they should vote for? The most I’m guilty of is aggressively promoting Ron Paul. Is that a crime? Is that TELLING people who they should vote for? Am I calling them an idiot if they don’t agree with me? No. Advertising, you call it? Absolutely. And why shouldn’t I advertise him? If I don’t, who will? Is it not OUR responsibility to force change in this country? If you say no, then you’re the hypocrite. You’re the one who spoke at length in a previous post about how people can bring about change by just doing something to make it happen. That’s what I’m trying to do, bring about a positive change in this country.

Let me ask you this… If Ron Paul managed to win the election, and history judged him (and you concurred) to be the best President of the modern era, would you still fault me for trying to get the word out about him? If I didn’t try to spread the word, and he didn’t get his chance, wouldn’t I have been doing a disservice not only to him, but to the people of America as well? Please explain to me how I’m hurting anyone by offering my opinion. Maybe you don’t like it, but you’re also not forced to listen. Go ahead with you “ignore” setting. I couldn’t care less if I never heard from you again. You’re part of the problem. You think you’re so smart with your philosophies on how people can change things without government. So what are you doing to make that happen? What social movement are you promoting to achieve this change you desire? Oh yeah, I remember…. You’re moving out of the Untied States because of your contempt for it. Maybe if you promoted something positive people would respond, you know.

Anyway, YOU of all the people on this board who have commented don’t deserve to criticize anyone for trying to achieve a better America. Until you step up and offer something positive, why don’t you put yourself on the ignore list. I certainly don’t have any interest in anything you have to say. I don’t take advice from quitters.

Oh for cryin out loud you guys

Ken - Sure youve been here awhile so at one time you may have said a fair amount and Im new so I missed it but damn sam if youve got something to really say Id like to hear it. Surely your deeper than an "ignore list" or quick little degrading remarks ? thats the easy stuff

Scanner - How old are you ? Not asking as a means of saying you havent seen enough. I'll just say after years (decades) of watching the machine grow and little else change. I just have a strong hunch its never going to. That and the fact that throughout mankinds history, greed of wealth and power has ruled regardless the cost.

Time Machinist - You have a differeng view than myself from here in the States, so Ill let it go. But it seems to me the countries that have closest followed the N.American or European economic ways are doing better for their populations than those still trying to stick close to that ancient book ... whichever one it may be. Believe me when I tell you I wish China was still mostly rice farmers.

I have no idea what the US does to Turkey, it seems to me if I remember correctly the Turkish army took some part in Africa durring WWII. [correct me if Im wrong]maybe forced at gun point and really wanted to become Nazi's > lol, I doubt it. Anyhow I have been led to believe that Turkey and India have recently been benefiting from technology jobs and other industrialization ? [Correct me if Im wrong] I know many have done a great business here in the States with gas stations. They even named them "USA". I had a few short talks with one new owner. I asked him which place he like living better, he said Turkey, the States was OK but Turkey was nicer. Makes since cause I still love living in the rural country of NY State and NY State sucks, its becoming all Califoricated like the rest of the surbarban areas. High taxs, out of control real estate prices and no ones batting an eye. Yea Im a joke alright ..... with a screwed up attitude ........ so quick to judge, when you know so little.

Your right the US does meddle, they do it right in our own homes here stateside, Englands done its share around the globe too. Still ones got to wonder which meddleing is more harmful ? Soviet Russia ? China ? The centuries of insane shit in the middle east & decades in parts of S.America ? Africa ? Myself Id rather have economic manipulation and peace enforced attitudes than the country next door poping in to steal my posessions, rape my wife, kill my children and burn the house. Im mean, yea it sures slows "progress" but somehow, I just dont think Id be into that shit.

Whatcha think ?

On the topic of Daniel Gildenlow - does anyone have a link leading to quotes of these horrible things he supposedly said ? SO I can read it word for word and make my own interpretation based on independant thought. I researched a bit last night and read two interviews, both involving music. Hes seems OK to me, a little ecentric which is more than just typical of the artisticly talented. I only made three pages of search so far and not one mention of political radicalism or wrong doing.

For President ? - Geoff Tate :headbang:

and the world just keeps on turning .....................................

razoredge, I'm just not going to type up the pages and pages of stuff I've already said. The shortest and unfortunately not very explanatory version is I think that social change must be affected by society, not politicians. People have the power, we are just a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings. We complain about the state of the country but do nothing about it with our own hands. I don't think voting someone in is going to override the hundreds of other corrupt officials.

Time-Machinist, you and I would be very good friends politically. :headbang:

I believe I likened it to a butt rape screech. Calling it anything else is an insult to falsetto singers....

come on man....I understand you hate the guy for assorted reasons but at least give credit where it's due.

*in an attempt to get this thread back to something relevant*

What are y'all's favorite songs? If I were to pick just a couple from each album it'd be:

Entropia- People Passing By, Nightmist, Plains of Dawn
OHBTCL- New Year's Eve, Pilgrim, The Big Machine
TPEpt.1- The Perfect element, Her Voices
Remedy Lane- Beyond the Pale, Ending Theme, Dryad of the Woods, Waking Every God
12:5- Oblivion Ocean
BE- Pluvius Aestivus, Lilium Cruentus, Iter Impius, Dea Pecuniae
(for the record, I prefer the live version of "BE" WAAAAAAAAY more than the studio version)
Scarsick- never really clicked with me at all....the only songs from it that I like are Disco Queen and Enter Rain, but I don't even think those match up to the weaker songs on previous albums)

come on man....I understand you hate the guy for assorted reasons but at least give credit where it's due.

Sorry, I can't. And I won't. I literally would rather have my scrotum nailed to a wooden chair, than to hear the whiny bitch utter a SINGLE note...

What are y'all's favorite songs? If I were to pick just a couple from each album it'd be:

I like most of OHBtCL...obviously more musically, than vocally....

I would rather not read a bunch of bs spouted off from an old geezer yngwie looking mother trucker, but hey what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.