The Probably Stoppable MMA Thread

As for Pacman/Mayweather, I agree. Fuck Mayweather. That dude is a pure scumbag. I'd love to see Pacman blast his face into another dimension someday.

Look, Attitudes...

Hahah that was clever, I'll admit :lol:

I want to put this debate to rest, but it is worth mentioning that judges are fucking incompetent. For christ sake, CECIL PEOPLES gave Conduit all rounds except the 3rd, wtf?? No one in the world would agree with that ruling. Another dopey judge must have copied Mr. Peoples score card as well since she gave him the same score (and in my sexist opinion, I think it is very likely that this woman does not know anything about mma). A third judges gave Diaz round 2 and 5, so across the board you have three different people that thought Diaz won rounds 2,3, and 5. Not to mention EVERYONE agrees Diaz won round 1.

In conclusion, Diaz won rounds 1,2,3, and 5.

JFDgi.jpg

Just to flip your logic, Condit won 1/2/3/4/5.

You're entitled to your opinion, but at least come up with some better arguments. Like the saying goes, "don't leave it in the judges hands." No one got dominated, so people will make the point either way as to who won. A.) If you're going off who had the smarter gameplan, then Condit clearly won. B.) If you consider octagon control, then Diaz won. Although it should be noted that Nick wasn't able to dictate where he wanted the fight (other than a few short instances) and really only played into the palm of his opponents hand. Most of the time he was slowly lurching forward, which is not exactly what I call aggressive. This was likely due to not wanting to eat a flying knee with that ugly mug of his while rushing haphazardly. So all these clueless fools claiming Diaz was being all sorts of badass can shove it. What happened was he had a perception of what the fight would be like going in and when Carlos pulled a fast one, he was too damn stubborn to adapt and that's the name of the game. His only answer was was to talk shit and hope Condit would fall for his petty played out trap. The best thing Diaz did in the fight was take it to the ground, something he should have done more persistently sooner in the fight. Then there's the more clearly defined point C.) http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html

Hopefully the supposed rematch ends with more definitive results even though the Diaz camp doesn't deserve it, and you know why? Because there's no crying in MMA!

I just think Diaz could have and should have done more to win the fight.
i think this is much more important than any bitching about judges scores or if condit was being smart vs running. why didnt diaz try more takedowns? condit cant run away if you're laying on top of him dropping punches, not to mention diaz jj skills. condit wouldnt stand there and brawl with him like he wanted so he threw tantrums and then he lost.

^ Hahaha, I'd cry too if Jardine beat me.

Just to flip your logic, Condit won 1/2/3/4/5.

TripleFacePalm.jpg

You missed my point completely, it is not about whether I think Diaz should have won based on those scores, but to show just how inconsistent mma judging is. Everyone realizes the judging in mma is a problem that needs to be fixed. These state athletic commissions that employs their judges need to do a better job teaching them about what to look for when scoring an mma fight.

I got your point just fine, which is why I said not to leave it in the judges hands. Your "conclusion" on the other hand is a different story altogether... The reason there's three judges is to get three different perspectives. It doesn't prove anything that they scored it differently. To me it's far stranger that two were scored exactly the same. As I was trying to point out to you, that fight could have easily gone slightly either way depending on your view of things. Imo Diaz lost if only for the fact that his game has become completely predictable. More importantly he really didn't "take it" to Carlos like he should have to win the fight. Then again there's people out there with limited insight that seem to think walking forward automatically equals controlling the fight. Honestly I wouldn't have been shocked if either of their hands were raised at the end of that fight. The Diaz camp and all his fanboys out there are quite frankly acting silly. Personally I like Diaz as a fighter, but he really didn't look hungry to me in that fight and if that's the way he's going to act afterwards then it's probably time he does quit.

I'm more interested in what you thought of the Sonnen vs. Bisping fight. Not exactly the domination you predicted. I had the first two rounds going to Michael and the last obviously going to Chael. The third was dominant, but not a 10-8 round unless you consider hugging up on a dude like peanut butter on jelly an annihilation. Because of that I didn't even have it as a draw. Thing is, you don't see me crying foul about it either. I am however more confident than ever that Silva will knock that stupid smirk right off Sonnen's face from Brazil all the way back to America.

aaaand the rematch is off because Diaz tested positive.

Fucking LOL.

You know what's screwed up about the whole Nevada State Athletic Commission? Overeem's hearing took about 10 days, and that juiced up hog looking motherfucker is now speaking confidently that he will still be able to fight. Meanwhile Nick's still waiting for his hearing how many months later? Overeem's offense was significantly worse also...

When is the Jones Evans fight happening? Should be a good one.

April 21st, and I'm really looking forward to that one. I hope Rashad wins, but we'll see.

hahaha that seagal thing rules

haha yeah probably the funniest, most over-the-top, animation I have ever seen. It really captures the goofy/phoney nature of Steven Seagal well.

Btw, Gustaffson vs Thiago Silva is tomorrow. That is going to be a barn-burner!

I used to hate Chael, but once I realized he uses wrestling catchphrases word for word, including really obscure ones like The Grappler's, I realized he's totally full of shit and knows it. So, it's hilarious.

I was surfing youtube when I found this gem that dates back to 2000. Fedor vs Ricadro Arona. When looking at Fedor's record, you might look past this bout because it was scored a unanimous decision win, but Arona gave an impressive effort against him. Ricardo Arona is a multi-time champion in bjj, and has notable victories over Jeremy Horn, Dan Henderson, Shogun Rua, and Wanderlei Silvia. This fight displays all aspects of MMA very well, especially grappling, so if you have time take a look:

After watching this fight, it got me thinking about the scoring system used in most MMA organizations (based off the boxing 10-point must system). I have always preferred the japanese scoring method of judging the fight as a whole, rather than a round-by-round point basis. I think if this fight was under the scoring method of UFC, Fedor would have probably received a loss. While Fedor was on his back for a good portion of the fight, both men where keeping active, going for attacks, and showing technique in their defense/escapes. I personally believe Fedor did win, and the judges correctly recognized this because the fight was judged as a whole. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the 10 point system does work. Its just these judges that are incompetent asses.

anyway, to bump the thread.

anyone have thoughts on condit and GSP? I am really interested to see how the time off affected GSP, for better or worse. Also Silva's win over Bonnar was kind of weird for me. Bonnar got caught really good, but why did he curl up like that? He NEVER does that. I know he isnt that great of a fighter, but I have never seen him just give up like that. Makes me wonder.

also, chael and griffin should be good. I think Griffin will take the W. We'll see if Chael's wrestling is as ace when its against such a big guy.

He crumpled like that because the knee debilitated him. Same thing happens when you get kicked in the liver. That knee went straight into his solar-plexus and it was brutal contact. Bonnar himself said afterwards that it paralyzed up until a few seconds after the fight was called off.

Some shots are just so good that they can cripple you in an instant. In no way do I have even the slightest notion that he "gave up". That was a perfect knee from Silva.