THE PROPHECY - "Into the Light" - REVIEWS

THE PROPHECY NEWSLETTER:

Fresh back from the Moscow Doom Festival, THE PROPHECY, are pleased to announce that they will be re-entering the studio to record a new track for a forthcoming CODE666 compilation CD celebrating ten years of the label.

Vocalist Matt Lawson had this to say:
"Moscow was fantastic, such a great crowd and a really well organised show. I think we took everyone by surprise a little bit with our performance as we can be a bit lively on stage for a Doom band but we soon had heads banging, hands clapping and shouts for more! They certainly made us feel welcome"

Video available here : http://www.youtube.com/v/uTdrMYLrar8&hl=en&fs=1
Festival report and Photos available here: http://www.darkside.ru/report/3722/

The band are currently also preparing for an Irish tour at the end of May with Belfast Underground Metal Heros, Honey For Christ, with the following dates confirmed so far

28 May 2009 : Auntie Annies NI
30 May 2009 : TBC
30 May 2009 : The Lower Deck IRE

The bands latest album, "INTO THE LIGHT" is out now on code666 records.

Video embed code:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTdrMYLrar8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTdrMYLrar8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]www.THE-PROPHECY.net[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] www.myspace.com/theprophecyeng [/FONT]
The New studio album from THE PROPHECY - INTO THE LIGHT - Released by Code666/SPV and available now from all good music stores

Scream Magazine Norway 5/5
Lords of Metal 95/100
Obliveon Magazine 9/10

http://www.shapelesszine.com/recealbum/theprophecy-intothelight.htm

[SIZE=+3] THE PROPHECY
Into The Light [/SIZE]

Etichetta: Code666
Anno: 2009
Durata: 58 min
Genere: gothic doom

Con molto piacere torno a parlare degli inglesi The Prophecy, di cui avevo recensito un paio di anni fa l'ottimo "Revelations". In quell'occasione avevo potuto constatare come la formazione albionica, pur peccando un po' in personalità, a causa del fortissimo ascendente che avevano su di loro band come My Dying Bride e vecchi Anathema, era comunque riuscita a dare vita ad un lavoro ben superiore alla media, soprattutto grazie a composizioni estremamente efficaci sia per scrittura che per atmosfera.
Il punto di partenza per il nuovo lavoro, però, doveva essere necessariamente un'evoluzione verso una personalità più distinta, in modo da poter arrivare con il terzo fatidico album a quella maturità che avrebbe permesso ai The Prophecy di staccarsi dal ruolo di discepoli della tradizione doom/death e di raggiungere un proprio status ben definito. Bene, devo dire con molto piacere che questo obiettivo è stato portato a termine con successo nel nuovo "Into The Light", affrancando la band dalla facile etichetta di fratelli minori dei My Dying Bride (che, ricordiamo, provengono anche dalla stessa regione dell'Inghilterra).
Con questo nuovo album i The Prophecy hanno ampliato ulteriormente lo spettro delle loro influenze, aggiungendo ai già citati My Dying Bride ed Anathema anche il terzo polo della triade, ovvero i Paradise Lost, ma anche gli Opeth, soprattutto nei momenti più acustici alla "Damnation", fino anche a classici come Black Sabbath o Pink Floyd.
Il risultato non sarà certamente originale, anche perché in questo genere sarebbe difficile, ma indubbiamente il quadro d'insieme diventa più evanescente, più difficile da accostare ad un singolo nome e, di conseguenza, più personale.
A livello compositivo il gruppo porta avanti un discorso parallelo che vede due tipologie di scrittura, che nella maggior parte dei casi si fondono in un percorso comune. Abbiamo, quindi, composizioni tipicamente doom/death, come l'iniziale "Into The Light", funerea e lenta nel riffing, con il suo incedere inesorabile e maligno ben supportato dal growling cavernoso di Matt Lawson, che però lasciano ampio spazio a momenti di grande delicatezza, con gli strumenti che smettono di ruggire per accarezzare invece l'ascoltatore con passaggi raffinati in acustico. In questi momenti la voce torna a farsi pulita e sebbene Matt non abbia ancora raggiunto quella maturità vocale che era uno dei difetti maggiori del precedente album, bisogna dire che in questo nuovo album sembra migliorato, pur essendo ancora lontano dalla bravura di molti colleghi (Mikael Åkerfeldt o Aaron Stainthorpe, tanto per citare i primi che mi vengono in mente).
Se questa struttura si ripete in molti brani, come "Don't Forget", "Delusion" o "Belief Means Nothing", ci sono alcuni brani dove la componente malinconica prende il sopravvento: abbiamo così l'eleganza di "Echoes", "Waters Deep" e "Hope" (quest'ultima impreziosita da un bellissimo finale di violoncello) che, pur non rinunciando alla componente elettrica, prediligono una scrittura più fluida, triste e raffinata, ancora una volta guidata dalla voce pulita di Matt.
Niente da dire, quindi: "Into The Light" è un album maturo sotto ogni aspetto, che va premiato sia per l'ottima qualità delle composizioni e sia per il pregevole percorso che questi ragazzi stanno portando avanti, evolvendo la loro proposta album dopo album.
(Danny Boodman - Aprile 2009)

[SIZE=+1] Voto: 8.5 [/SIZE]

http://evilinquisition.forumotion.n...views-f5/the-evil-inquisition-issue-9-t66.htm

THE PROPHECY - 'Into The Light'
[Code 666]
theprophecy.jpg

I have been holding off reviewing this album simply because I want to savour the experience. Usually when writing a review it is a learning experience, finding out about a new band and reporting to the unsuspecting masses on whether they are any good. Not so in the case of 'The Prophecy' and their brand spanking new full length 'Into The Light' which is an apt title, or maybe it's ironic for a band so deeply shrouded in the dark side of the psyche! Having said that this album has so many lighter interludes to entice you with softer vocals that this mix bag approach to death doom is somewhat refreshing! 'The Prophecy' though represent something far more important than fantastically made metal. They hail from the UK and this alone would be enough but no, they hail from my part of the world, the mighty 'Yorkshire'. now we have down the years produced some of the greats including 'Paradise Lost' & 'My Dying Bride' and now we have the new breed of metal coming direct to you from the greatest place in the world. 'The Prophecy' combine dominating metal fury with a soft side so delicate it could have been taken straight from a male sensitivity training manual! Words like genius spring to mind as the bands gripping melodies flow endlessly into one long metal heaven and so there is only one way I can think of to end this review and that is with a good old fashioned neanderthal like football chant. YORKSHIRE, YORKSHIRE, YORKSHIRE!! [9.5]
http://www.myspace.com/theprophecyeng

http://www.metalcentre.com/webzine.php?p=reviews&nr=3454&lang=eng

THE PROPHECY - "Into The Light"
Code666 2009
Music: Doom Metal
Duration: 57:38 minutes (8 tracks)

I waited for the album of THE PROPHECY very long time. I was impatient because I knew, that the team plays Doom Metal. My impatience strengthened by the fact, that THE PROPHECY come from United Kingdom - the cradle of Doom Metal. Moreover there is the next significant thing, the drummer of THE PROPHECY - John Bennett was session musician of MY DYING BRIDE... These all factors caused, that THE PROPHECY moves magnificently in doom metal climates.

"Into The Light" is the third album of the band. And of course from the beginning I had associating with MY DYING BRIDE or with ANATHEMA (older albums). The music of the band is the powerful, monumental and crushing force. This music has two faces. The first face of "Into The Light" has the very heavy and dynamic guitar riffs, the deep and monstrous growling as well as the crushing percussive hits. The second face of the composition has the gentle melodies, the clean guitar passages and the very nostalgic singing. These faces are changing adroitly in time of the music and create simultaneously the heavy and dark climate full of aggression as well as the melancholic of exultations.

During the listening of the album you can experience a something in kind of ambivalence - the simultaneous feeling of opposite feelings - in case of THE PROPHECY - they are an aggression, an anger and an alleviation or a sadness. This is the proof, that THE PROPHECY is able to manipulation of the listener's emotions and lets the listener feel a madness (mainly in the time of the death metal's breaths) as well as a deep despair.

The album "Into The Light" is closed by the beautiful and nostalgic phrase played on the cello... Now I know I will listen THE PROPHECY many times...

Rate: 10/10

http://hidefaudio.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/the-prophecy-into-the-light-2009/

THE PROPHECY – Into The Light (2009)

code039purple.jpg
When you’re dealing with a sub-genre that’s as labyrinthine as doom metal is, the first question one needs to ask i where, exactly, do The Prophecy fit into the doom spectrum? Do they deal in world funeral dirges like Skepticism, or do they fashion homicidal, resin-caked nightmares like Acid Bath? Do they invoke the apocalypse and all its glory, like Esoteric? Rattle the soul like Sunn O))? Worship a boundless stream of terminal gloom like My Dying Bride? Or do they do none of these things? If you answered “yes” to that last question, congratulations! Your ability to spot a band that mixes Morgion’s lacerating weight with the stripped-down sorrow of Anathema’s Judgement is extraordinarily commendable. Give yourself a pat on the back.
No, that’s not a typo. The Prophecy’s sound is really like that. It doesn’t sound as though it would work all that well on paper, but the band manage push their seemingly conflicting duality to near Opethian levels of greatness. The one thing holding the band back from such a revered metal plateau is that their lyrics are sometimes often too insipid be wrought through such wonderful compositions. Still, the music itself more than makes up for the lack of poetics; it’d be wrong to deny the beauty of songs like Echoes or Hope just because they contain prose that’s a bit pedestrian. I was a huge fan of Cloud Cult’s Feel Good Ghosts from last year, another album that possessed sub-par lyrics, but when you’re listening to music that’s capable of holding your interest in spite of its flaws, that’s when you know that you’re dealing with something special.
I previous cited the new My Dying Bride album earlier in this review, and I must say, I prefer Into The Light over it. Doom fans should definitely check this out. It’s the first unique approach to doom that I’ve heard in a good long while.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=40762623

THE PROPHECY/Into The Light (Aural Music) This was just bone crushing doom metal played with tons of feeling and emotion. The songs just sucked me in and gladly went along for this ride. The band also inject some melody with their tunes and this is just an incredible release. The riffs are as heavy a ton of lead and the vocals are sung with such feeling and passion you can't help but be sucked in. Each tune just has so much power and emotion that is impossible to describe. Oh by the way the vocals are sung by a male and a female and unlike many other combo female/male vocals this works on this big time. This will easily be one of my top releases of 2009

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=40762623

THE PROPHECY/Into The Light (Aural Music) This was just bone crushing doom metal played with tons of feeling and emotion. The songs just sucked me in and gladly went along for this ride. The band also inject some melody with their tunes and this is just an incredible release. The riffs are as heavy a ton of lead and the vocals are sung with such feeling and passion you can't help but be sucked in. Each tune just has so much power and emotion that is impossible to describe. Oh by the way the vocals are sung by a male and a female and unlike many other combo female/male vocals this works on this big time. This will easily be one of my top releases of 2009

useless to add there's not female vocals in the album...hehehehe :lol::lol::lol:

atmospheric magazine

5/6

THE PROPHECY ,,Into The Light"
digiCD `09 (Code666 / Aural Music)
Ocena: 5

Brytyjski zespó&#322; THE PROPHECY obraca si&#281; w stylistyce lirycznego, niekonwencjonalnego, progresywnego metalu. Trzecia w jego dorobku p&#322;yta ,,Into The Light" opiera si&#281; na fundamencie klasycznego doom/death metalu, jednak w po&#322;owie mo&#380;na j&#261; te&#380; nazwa&#263; po prostu prog/dark metalem (przywodz&#261;cym na my&#347;l eteryczne oblicze PORCUPINE TREE, czy te&#380; MARILLION z Hogarthem). Ton ca&#322;ej twórczo&#347;ci tej grupy nadaje wokalista Matt Lawson, który ma dwa gard&#322;a:). Albo growluje rasowo, acz melodyjnie, albo &#347;piewa naturaln&#261; barw&#261;, d&#378;wi&#281;cznie i jeszcze bardziej melodyjnie. Odpowiednio do tych dwóch, dialoguj&#261;cych ze sob&#261; interpretacji dopasowana jest muzyka. Ci&#281;&#380;sza lub bardziej lekka. Wolna lub szybka. Brutalna lub &#322;agodna. Kapela umiej&#281;tnie rozpisuje aran&#380;acje mi&#281;dzy ci&#281;&#380;kie, pulsacyjne, doomowe riffy a czysto, niemal rockowo brzmi&#261;ce gitary i akustyki oraz klawisze, które po prostu bogac&#261; t&#322;o, bez &#380;adnych motywów prowadz&#261;cych. &#346;wietnie wypadaj&#261; równie&#380; wzmocnienia mi&#281;dzy fragmentami wyciszonymi, balladowymi, a tymi brzmi&#261;cymi w pe&#322;ni, oddychaj&#261;cymi pe&#322;n&#261; piersi&#261;, w których napastliwy growl atakuje. Na zasadzie kontrastów s&#261; skonstruowane prawie wszystkie utwory z ,,Into The Light", aczkolwiek chyba najlepszym przyk&#322;adem jest ,,Echoes" - jedna z najbardziej zapadaj&#261;cych w pami&#281;ci kompozycji. Bez wzgl&#281;du jednak na brzmienie, form&#281; i &#347;rodki wyrazu ca&#322;a muzyka THE PROPHECY nacechowana jest emocjami tworz&#261;cymi atmosfer&#281;. Ból, nostalgia, poryw nadziei... Przemo&#380;ny klimat kreowany przez zespó&#322; (bez wzgl&#281;du na to, czy jest on eteryczny, senny, namaszczony o&#380;ywiony, czy totalnie do&#322;uj&#261;cy) samoistnie udziela si&#281; s&#322;uchaczowi, przez co chce si&#281; powraca&#263; do tego albumu jeszcze i jeszcze... [Kasia]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

www.atmospheric.pl
www.myspace.com/atmosphericmagazine

http://www.metalperspective.com/reviews/theprophecy.php

"Into the Light" is the third full length album from British doom metalers The Prophecy. The artwork is deceptive, as these bleak skies and the troubled waters are suggesting another post metal/rock release. No, this album contains nothing else than inspired doom/death metal in the vein of influences that are more or less known to all of us. The album is in the wavelength of early Paradise Lost, early Anathema, early My Dying Bride, Esoteric (a bit) and The Blood Divine. The fact is that these influences should be used as reference of the unaware, as the five musicians - slowly - integrate these elements into their own personal music shell. I am not claiming that it is innovative; not at all. But definitely the music of "Into the Light" is consisted of well played and performed doom/death metal tracks that respect the expressional forms of the genre. Take of instance songs like "Belief Means Nothing", "Waters Deep" and "Hope", which highlight the steady development of the band’s sound from the previous, a bit more unelaborated, releases. "Into the Light" was recorded at Priory Studios with Greg Chandler from Esoteric at the steering wheel of production. The result is very good in this aspect, as well as in the case of artwork and packaging. As far as the overall outcome, it is an album that the fans of doom/death metal will enjoy and certainly strengthen the new breed of British doom metal scene.

http://www.imhotep.no/?did=9090194

code666 (2009)

Around the block a time or two now and the time is upon us for another blast of neo Doom\Death from the UK’s latest hope as exponents of the style that has been my preferred choice from the big island. It is easy to write the band off as younger siblings of My Dying Bride. And why shouldn’t folk think that way? Once signed by Andy and Hamish from that very band to their Blackdoom Records label and with a sound that has borrowed heavily from MDB in the past, it has perhaps been an albatross around the band’s neck. However. Bands describing themselves is often an exercise in self flattery. Often it is nothing short of ridiculous (remember Atheist labelling themselves as ‘Brain Metal’? Please). One word that The Prophecy use is key in showing how they have begun to set themselves apart. “Progressive” being that very work. “Into The Light” sees the band mark territory that is very much them growing out of short pants. It has to be said that there is some fantastic songwriting herein, I have to take a breath to admit that this bunch have surprised me greatly.
Beginning with the title track and into “Delusion” there are moments where the MDB may be too close as a reference point. Truly. Drummer John Bennett adds to this being that he completed a stint with Bride around the time of “A Line Of Deathless Kings” If we take a moment to look beyond the obvious on these opening songs in particular... …hard as it seems at point… ...we may just come to see the almost subtle touches applied by the band that will mark the band as one that has actually made steps to forge an identity of their own.
Where the band truly to shine on this album is in the passages that employ clean guitars or more subdued sections. Here, they do truly shine. With an obvious ear for no bullshit, almost easy listening, simplistic song writing it is on “Echoes” (song number 4) where it all falls into place. Growling set aside and vocalist Matt Lawson stands out with his effortless clean vocals. Credit where it is due, the boy takes what could have been ham fisted lighter lifting uneasiness to somewhere credible.
And so it continues as the album approaches climax. Getting better along the way. This album is a five outta six rather than a four on the strength of that alone. To be blunt and to make things a little simple. The album almost progresses into territory that would sit alongside latter day Anathema. No bad thing. Album closer “Hope” (Anathema reference unintentional) is a fantastic way to end things. I strongly recommend this bad boy be checked.
www.the-prophecy.net
www.myspace.com/theprophecyeng
www.code666.net
Composed by Paul Kearns

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana } http://metal-rules.com/review/viewreview.php?month=June&year=2009&pos=52

June 2009
Released: 2009, Code666
Rating: 4.5/5
Reviewer: Waspman

Bradford England’s The Prophecy have been kicking around since 2001. With album titles like ASHES, and REVELATIONS, and tours with the likes of My Dying Bride under their belt, there is no doubt as to what type of metal they play: doom! Sadly I have not heard the aforementioned previous albums, but from reading reviews and fan comments it is clear that they are highly regarded in doom circles. With this in mind, let’s see what INTO THE LIGHT has to offer.

Kicking in immediately with powerful riffs and growled vocals, the title track wastes no time making an impression. The expected melancholic feeling of doom metal is instantly noticeable, as the band weaves a roiling tapestry of sound from crushing guitar, achingly slow, pounding rhythms, and the howling vocals. After slowing down to near silent introspection, the tempo builds, vocalist Matt Lawson adds in clean vocals (the growls and clean singing are split about 40/60 throughout the album), and the song crests like one of the waves on the album cover.

The rest of the album follows this template and the band is relentless with their style of crushing doom. The only points of light are the occasional guitar melodies and Lawson’s oddly endearing clean vocals, which admittedly are not that strong and thus, an acquired taste. Opeth fans take note: his growls are a dead-ringer for Mikael Akerfeldt.

As you’d expect with doom metal, the songs are lengthy for the most part. While some bands struggle to make their long songs consistently engaging, The Prophecy have no such problems. In fact, their two longest songs, “Echoes” and “Waters Deep” are probably the two best on the album. Both are near-perfect examples of the emotional power present in the best mournful doom metal songs.

As I mentioned above, The Prophecy are well-liked amongst doom fans, and after hearing this album it is obvious they deserve it. I strongly encourage doom fans to check out INTO THE LIGHT – this will be one of the best doom albums you’ll hear in 2009.

THE PROPHECY - «INTO THE LIGHT»

Os doomsters britânicos The Prophecy estão de regresso com o terceiro álbum que, por sinal, se afigura como o mais intenso e pesado trabalho da sua carreira. «Into the Light» mostra uns The Prophecy com vontade de alargar território sonoro, incluindo tanto passagens dignas de álbuns de Katatonia e Opeth. No entanto, a grande influência continua a ser My Dying Bride, nome indissociável do conjunto inglês, não só pela nacionalidade como pelo apadrinhamento de membros e ex-membros dos MDB. À parte desta conotação, que diga-se acaba por ser injusta, os The Prophecy demonstram atributos suficientes para desenvolverem um culto à sua volta, seja na dinâmica voz de Matt Lawson ou nas guitarras de Greg O'Shea, qualidades que podem, por exemplo, ser escutadas em «Belief Means Nothing». Um álbum que dá continuidade ao trabalho desenvolvido em «Ashes» e «Revelations» e que projecta os The Prophecy para a segunda linha do doom/death mundial. 7,3/10

http://www.metalexpressradio.com/menu.php?main=reviews&id=2981

THE PROPHECY - Into The Light
Code666 Records
Metal Express Rating: 9.0/10
Release Date: 2009-02-20
by: LIOR “STEINMETAL” STEIN
Email: lior@metalexpressradio.com

Prophecy.jpg

If you have spare time to listen to some good music, and you don’t want to go and mosh yourself up , sit back and take a listen to the great music by the English band , The Prophecy.

Since 1999, this foursome has being playing Traditional Doom infused with various influences of early Death Metal. Into The Light is the band’s fourth release and their first attempt under Code666 Records. Bands that can give you a slight idea of what to expect are the early stages of My Dying Bride , but less harsh , and the early era of Paradise Lost (From Lost Paradise to Icon). Of course lets not forget that above these two bands , standing in the shadows , is the mother of all Doom and that is Black Sabbath. Yet, The Prophecy, unlike the other two bands mentioned, shows a variety of sophisticated compositions that harbors amazing elements such as Cello and a full load of melodic, acoustic guitar verses.

What is so special about Into The Light is that ,after hearing some samples of their early releases, it seems that The Prophecy were searching for something else when they wrote down the tunes. The album is a lot less violent and charging than the previous ones before it. The listener can still say that this band plays Doom / Death Metal but with some unique alterations, that seperate them from other bands in their sub-genre meld. The most recognizable change is the music itself; the use of the Cello and the constant acoustic tunes makes this album a remarkable experience for all who loves atmospheric music, without even using a keyboard setup.

Another amazing factor is the singing. Mr. Lawson is an amazing growler, his ability to maintain a low and depthy growl while providing a sense of cleanliness, which will give you a chance to experience the lyrics in such a way that you will be able to understand what the tracks are all about. Alongside his growls comes a clean, cold and saddened voice that mainly expresses depression, loss and sorrow. Moreover, the growl vocals sound grey as well as the clean ones.

With the full spread of enchanting acoustics, ride along the heavy electric riffs. For Traditional Doomsters, the riffs will be a sure treat with a bonus that comes in the shape of well-crafted solos that elaborate the feelings of pain and sorrow and for solo guitar lovers it is a sure trance state. While the Doomsters party , Death Metal fans will enjoy the several speed sections with morbid riffs, while Lawson is growling his way through the songs, yet don’t expect to find too much tech in the riffs because it's more of a Traditional Doom album than a Death Metal one. The bottom line is , if you are a true Metalhead , whether Death or Doom is your cup of tea, you can share the experience of this album and enjoy it.

The whole album is more than a worthy listener, but here are some songs that'll capture your ears: “Into The Light” in many ways , in its beginning, sounds like the same formula as the song “Black Sabbath” yet after 3 mintues everything changes and a soft , melodic rhythm passes you by – a wonderful track.

“Delusion” starts slowly and silently before it bursts into a heavy and darkened rhythm. The chorus in this one is catchy for this sort of meld. “Don’t Forget” resembles the previous track , yet It engulfs a lot more heavy riffs and Death like melodic riffs , from their early era.

“Echoes” is one of the best around , a long song ,a factor that is usual in Doom Metal , yet it has great solos section, amazing acoustic tunes with small acoustic solos under a slow tempo while the soft vocals completes them all. “All Is Lost” is what Doom Metal is all about – sorrow and loss, both walk hand in hand in this rough tune of Death Metal killing with tunes from Leprosy. “Hope” , the closing song has the best solo in the album, so emotional and strong. This one is all clean vocals , a well done Sabbath like closer with a Cello reprise.

As mentioned, if you are a true Metalhead character , Into The Light will show you light , darkness and grey. The Prophecy has released a well-done effort to make a classical release.

http://www.entrateparallele.it/modules/lykos_reviews/index.php?op=r&rev_id=1584&cat_id=1&sort_by

Titolo: Into The LightAutore: The Prophecy Genere: Doom / Death / Progressive Metal Anno: 2009 Voto: 8/9

the_prophecy_into_the_light.jpg
Far fluire i propri sentimenti dal cuore alla mente, senza filtri. Come una pioggia incessante dalla quale nessun ombrello potrebbe mai riparare. Vedere le nubi addensarsi sulla propria anima. Non temere il dolore, anche se di una forza così sconvolgente da far intorpidire i sensi. Scegliere la strada più coraggiosa: affrontarlo. Guardarsi allo specchio e vedersi dentro. Non piangere. Sarebbe troppo facile. Abbandonare questo corpo con lo spirito. E vagare alla ricerca di qualcosa. Non importa cosa. Non sentirsi mai del tutto disperati. Non si è mai del tutto soli. C'è sempre qualcosa là fuori. E anche qui dentro. Anche quando si sente il vuoto. Che in realtà è un pieno di angoscia. Il dolore è un amico fedele, e passionale. Non c'è via d'uscita, se non si vuole uscire. Ma se c'è la voglia, è possibile farcela. Sarà un lungo viaggio, ma il vento ci accompagnerà. E arriverà un giorno. Sotto un cielo azzurro e limpido. Davanti ad un mare profumato e impetuoso. Quel giorno, volgendo lo sguardo all' orizzonte, scorgerete un'immagine di abbagliante bellezza. E il vostro mare, improvvisamente, si calmerà. E vi fisserà immobile. Abbassando il volto sull'acqua, rivedrete lo specchio della vostra anima. E negli occhi ritroverete quello che avevate perso: la luce. Stare Into The Light.

Questa musica è puro acquaplaning per i pensieri più profondi. Arriva dritta al cuore, con una tempesta emotiva di rara potenza, sommergendomi di sensazioni. In questo caso è davvero perfetta ed affascinante l'immagine di copertina di una splendida marea. Colpisce a più livelli, come ondate che spazzano via i ricordi o che li fanno tornare a galla, qualcosa che solo i grandi dischi riescono a fare. E' un'opera costruita su contrasti musicali e mentali fortissimi, allo stesso modo in cui la vita, specialmente se si è molto passionali, è un alternarsi di momenti bui devastanti e ricordi luminosi indimenticabili. I chiaroscuri sono resi al meglio dalla voce di Matt Lawson, convincente sia quando si affida ad un cantato death rabbioso, che pare non far intravedere alcuna luce, come in "All Is Lost" e "Belief Means Nothing", che nelle aperture melodiche, con vocals pulite straordinariamente espressive che ti squarciano in due il petto come in un'operazione a cuore aperto. E ti portano via. In cielo. Se vuoi sentirti trascinare in alto dai tuoi stessi sentimenti più reconditi, lasciati cullare dal vento e dal motore della tua anima. Vola con la mente e con il cuore, come un novello fratello Wright alla guida di un'ipotetica Macchina Del Tempo volante delle memorie più care, grazie a pezzi struggenti come la ballata "Echoes", la complessa "Waters Deep" e la conclusiva, rivelatrice "Hope". Straordinaria la prova del chitarrista Greg O' Shea, abile cesellatore di riff doom, eccellente songwriter e ispirato solista dal tocco carico di feeling. Non si scherza nemmeno con la sezione ritmica, dove si mette in bella mostra il bassista Gavin Parkinson, che dona corpo, groove e profondità a tutte le composizioni. Chiude il cerchio John Bennett, ex session drummer nei My Dying Bride, le cui doti sono evidenti nei tanti cambi di tempo e soprattutto nel momento in cui arricchisce i momenti più doomy girando un po' intorno ai riff portanti, specialmente con un grande lavoro sui piatti, evidentissimo, per esempio, nell'inizio di "Delusions". Le emozioni musicate in questo album sono davvero tante ed intense: dalla disperazione alla tristezza, dall'accettazione del dolore alla speranza, tenendo sempre abitata la stanza dei ricordi. "And the memory still remains".
Raramente il doom metal è stato così intenso, ricco, profondo, ispirato, dinamico e tecnico. E allora fatelo vostro questo tesoro, assaporatene ogni minuto. Ogni minuto è prezioso. E se per troppo tempo siete rimasti al buio, questo è il momento. Aprite le imposte e le finestre. E scegliete la luce.

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { font-size: 10pt; font-family:Verdana } http://doomspace.bloger.hr/post/recenzija--the-prophecy--into-the-light/1541018.aspx

Možda bi u naslovu ovog &#269;lanka trebalo pisati i 'predstavljanje', budu&#263;i da je The Prophecy relativno nepoznat bend na ovim prostorima, &#269;emu sam se mogao osvjedo&#269;iti istraživanjem po važnijim forumima ovog dijela Europe, no bend ove godine obilježava svoju desetu godišnjicu, tako da bi etiketa 'novog benda' bila nepotrebna. Osobnog sam mišljenja da postoje dva razloga koji prethode toj 'anonimnosti'. Prvi je &#269;injenica da band dolazi iz Ujedinjenog Kraljevstva, a sintagma 'britanski doom' više-manje automatski podrazumijeva trojstvo My Dying Bride-Anathema-Paradise Lost, pa se ne mogu oteti dojmu da The Prophecy nekako postoji u sjeni tih velikih bendova. Drugi razlog su njihove live svirke. Naime, The Prophecy u svojih 10 godina postojanja imaju poprili&#269;an broj nastupa, i to kao pratnja (nama) poznatijim bendovima: Mourning Beloveth, Sunn O))), Mournful Congregation, My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, Saturnus... no svi navedeni live nastupi su bili daleko od nas, uglavnom po Britaniji, Irskoj, zemljama Beneluksa, Pirenejskom poluotoku, SAD-u, te jedan izlet u Moskvu. Najbliže svirke Hrvatskoj su bile u ma&#273;arskom Pe&#269;uhu, no to je bilo još davne 2004.

Bilo kako bilo, The Prophecy me ugodno iznenadio svojim zvukom, stilom i vokalom. Radi se o kombinaciji žestokih riffova popra&#263;enih dubokim growlom (koji na momente podsje&#263;a na albume My Dying Bride-a 'As the Flower Withers' i 'Trinity', samo sa istan&#269;anijim zvukom), te lakšim, melankoli&#269;nijim dijelovima sa karizmati&#269;nim clean vokalom Matta Lawsona, koji osvaja na prvo slušanje. Tako&#273;er, kombinacija elektri&#269;ne i akusti&#269;ne gitare bi mogla ovaj bend u&#269;initi zanimljivim i ljubiteljima Opetha.

Album 'Into the Light' je njihov tre&#263;i full-length uradak, nakon albuma 'Ashes' iz 2003., te 'Revelations' iz 2007. Uglavnom dominira srednji ritam pjesama koje su isprepletene kompleksnim probiranjem po gitari, no &#269;este su i kombinacije sporo-brzo, ili žestoko-lagano, veoma specifi&#269;no za progresivne bendove. Istaknuti bilo koju pjesmu kao 'najbolju' bi bilo nezahvalno, budu&#263;i da su svih osam pjesama vrhunski producirane i osmišljene, te su svaka za sebe zasebno mini remek-djelo; od veoma melankoli&#269;nih pjesama 'Echoes' i 'Hope', žestoke 'Belief Means Nothing', ili pjevnih 'Into the Light' i 'All is Lost'.

Dakle jedan vrhunski produciran, zanimljiv, progresivan i kompleksan album, zbog kojeg se nadam da &#263;e ovaj bend prikupiti još više slušatelja na nama dalekom Zapadu, ali i sa kojim &#263;e se ovdašnje slušateljstvo mo&#263;i upoznati preko ovog djela. Ne propustite ovaj album!

Translation

Perhaps the title of this article should be written and 'representation', since The Prophecy is a relatively unknown band in this region, which I could make research by major forums in this part of Europe, but the band this year celebrates its tenth anniversary, so that label 'new band' was unnecessary. I have a personal opinion that there are two reasons that preceded the 'anonymity'. The first is the fact that the band comes from the United Kingdom, and sintagma 'British doom' more or less automatically implies a trinity My Dying Bride-Anathema-Paradise Lost, so you can not rid myself of the impression that The Prophecy somehow exists in the shadow of these great bands. Another reason for their live performances. Namely, The Prophecy of its 10 years of existence have a fair number of appearances, and as an accompaniment to (us) major bands: Mourning Beloveth, sunn O))), Mournful Congregation, My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, Saturnus ... but all the listed live performances were far from us, mostly in Britain, Ireland, the Benelux countries, Pirenejskom peninsula, the U.S., and one trip to Moscow. Nearest performances Croatia were Pécs in Hungary, but it was long time ago, in 2004.

Either way, The Prophecy me pleasantly surprised their sound, style and vocal. It is a combination of strong riffovi along deep growlom (which at times is reminiscent of the albums My Dying Bride's' As the flower withers' and 'Trinity', with only the subtler sound), and easier, melankoli&#269;nijim parts clean with a charismatic vocal Matta Lawson, who wins in the first listening. Also, a combination of electric and acoustic guitars could this band an interesting and lovers Opetha.

Album 'Into the Light' is their third full-length form, after the albums' ashes' in 2003. And 'revelations' from 2007. Mainly dominated by medium pace songs that are interwoven complex screening by guitar, but are frequent and a combination of slow-fast, or strong-light, very specifically for the progressive bands. Highlight any song as the 'best' would be nezahvalno, since they are all eight songs superbly produced and arranged, and each for itself a separate mini-masterpiece, the very melancholic song 'Echoes' and' Hope 'fierce' Belief Means nothing ', or chanted' Into the Light 'and' All is Lost '.

So a top-produced, interesting, progressive and complex album, because you hope that this band will gather even more listeners in the far West, and with which the local audience can learn about through this work. Do not miss this album

http://www.bloodchamber.de/cd/t/6202/

9.5/10

Ganz tief in der emotionalen Trickkiste wühlen THE PROPHECY auf ihrer aktuellen Veröffentlichung "Into The Light". Die bisher recht unauffälligen Briten orientieren sich dabei sicherlich an Gleichgesinnten - MOURNING BELOVETH, MORGION und vielleicht sogar OPETH seien stellvertretend genannt - verstehen es jedoch, der Chose eine sehr eigene Note aufzudrücken. So sind die Death-Wurzeln in den entsprechenden Momenten auch wirklich dieses Namens würdig, während man in den elegischen Passagen echte Kontrapunkte setzen kann, die dank Sänger dann auch ernsthaft Eindruck schinden. Ob man damit gegen die Primadonnen der Zunft anstinken kann?

Mit dem Titeltrack steigt das Album zunächst hart ein. Doomige Riffs schleifen am Rande der Harmonie, abgrundtiefes Gegrunze und kantige Breaks sorgen für gespannte Erwartung, bis dann glasklare Gitarren den Wetterumschwung einleiten:
Ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher, wann mich das letzte Mal eine klare Singstimme zu fesseln wusste, aber was Matt Lawson hier und in den folgenden Nummern abzieht, katapultiert den Mann stante pede in meine ewige Bestenliste, was nicht nur an der dezent britischen Aussprache liegen kann. Vielmehr kommen neben dezenten Parallelen zu MOURNING BELOVETHs Frank auch Elemente zum Tragen, die zunächst keineswegs mit Doom Death in Verbindung zu stehen scheinen - LIVE zum Beispiel, oder nachdenkliche R.E.M., wären als Anhaltspunkte für Intonation und Melodieführung ebenfalls angemessene Vergleichspunkte.
Angesichts dieses Glücksgriffs ist die verstärkte Orientierung des Albums hin zu mehr Abwechslung dann auch ein wahrer Segen: "Into The Light" besticht mit ausgesprochen vielseitigem Songwriting und rückt die tödlichen Wurzeln der Insulaner nur noch sehr pointiert in den Vordergrund. Zwar sind besagte Grunts ein nach wie vor prägender Bestandteil des Schaffens, rein musikalisch jedoch nimmt das teils todesmetallisch treibende "Belief Means Nothing" fast schon eine Sonderstellung ein.
Viel auffälliger sind die schizophrenen Strukturen in Songs wie dem melancholischen "Delusions", dem breaklastigen "All Is Lost" oder "Don't Forget", die zwar noch nicht in OPETH'schen Prog-Gefilden wildern, dafür jedoch um Einiges erdiger, ehrlicher wirken. Hier wird nicht der Kontrast zwischen Death und Pop verjazzt, sondern mittels eines mitunter recht ruppigen Rittes durch Doom und Death Metal die lyrische Zerrissenheit fühlbar gemacht, die beispielsweise im übermächtigen Filetstück "Echoes" auch durchaus hochmelodisch ausgelitten werden darf: Aufbäumen, Zweifeln, Verzweifeln - die Verbindung dieser altbekannten Eckpunkte gelingt THE PROPHECY jenseits offensiver Aufarbeitung der metallfreien Musikgeschichte meisterhaft. Abschließender Beweis dafür sind schließlich die ausladenden "Waters Deep" und "Hope", letzteres in musikalischer Hinsicht das kontemplativste und vielleicht hoffnungsloseste Stück des Albums, was dem Happy End mit feiner Ironie einen Riegel vorzuschieben vermag.

Das Fazit dürfte relativ klar sein: "Into The Light" ist ein erstklassiges Album für Freunde der eingangs erwähnten Kapellen, auch weil sich THE PROPHECY hier ein wenig zwischen die Stühle setzen. Für mich indes ist es gerade dieser Weg zwischen der monolithischer Schwere MOURNING BELOVETHs und der Verspieltheit OPETHs, der "Into The Light" zu einem Meisterwerk macht, welches die letzten Veröffentlichungen beider Bands schlussendlich überragt. Und falls noch jemand Fragen zum Sound haben sollte - fett, klar, kantig im Abgang. Britisch im positivsten Sinne also.

The Prophecy "Into The Light"

Omtale - 21.03.2009 - Skrevet av: haavard The Prophecy er et hardtarbeidende engelsk Doom-band som har fulgt litt i fotsporene til den klassiske tidlige 90-talls Doomen til My Dying Bride, Anathema osv. Nå synes jeg ikke de hadde utviklet helt sitt eget sound tidligere, men på bandets tredje forsøk "Into The Light" så er det betraktelig til bedring å spore, for dette er da ganske bra for å være dagens Doom sjanger som ikke så ofte har noe orginalt å by på.
Det mest positive med "Into The Light" er egentlig variasjonen mellom litt "oldschool" 90-talls Doom med den ganske typiske growlevokalen, samt at de har noen fantastiske mere episke trekk med seg, hvor vokalist Matt Lawson faktisk behandler vokalen på særdeles sjarmerende vis. Den har en egen sound i seg selv, og når de får flyten i de mere harmoniske partiene så er albumet på sitt aller beste.

"Delusion" låta er vel den som viser dette aller best, hvor variasjonen sitter som den skal, og trekkene i karakter er mest for når de ramler litt for mye inn i den gamle litt traurige 90-talls Doomen og ikke klarer å ta steget helt ut. Men heldigvis er plata jevn og god, og jeg vil anta at bandet virkelig kan gjøre litt furore hvis de klarer å ta enda et lite steg videre i evolusjonen og spille enda mere på å gjøre sin egen greie utav dette.

Dette albumet var ihvertfall en positiv overraskelse her i gården.
7/10

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=222765

This Is How Doom / Death Should Be Done - 90% [SIZE=-1]Written by Stein23 on June 22nd, 2009[/SIZE]

If you have spare time to listen to some good music, and you don’t want to go and mosh yourself up , sit back and take a listen to the great music by the English band , The Prophecy.

Since 1999, this foursome has being playing Traditional Doom infused with various influences of early Death Metal. Into The Light is the band’s fourth release and their first attempt under Code666 Records. Bands that can give you a slight idea of what to expect are the early stages of My Dying Bride , but less harsh , and the early era of Paradise Lost (From Lost Paradise to Icon). Of course lets not forget that above these two bands , standing in the shadows , is the mother of all Doom and that is Black Sabbath. Yet, The Prophecy, unlike the other two bands mentioned, shows a variety of sophisticated compositions that harbors amazing elements such as Cello and a full load of melodic, acoustic guitar verses.

What is so special about Into The Light is that ,after hearing some samples of their early releases, it seems that The Prophecy were searching for something else when they wrote down the tunes. The album is a lot less violent and charging than the previous ones before it. The listener can still say that this band plays Doom / Death Metal but with some unique alterations, that seperate them from other bands in their sub-genre meld. The most recognizable change is the music itself; the use of the Cello and the constant acoustic tunes makes this album a remarkable experience for all who loves atmospheric music, without even using a keyboard setup.

Another amazing factor is the singing. Mr. Lawson is an amazing growler, his ability to maintain a low and depthy growl while providing a sense of cleanliness, which will give you a chance to experience the lyrics in such a way that you will be able to understand what the tracks are all about. Alongside his growls comes a clean, cold and saddened voice that mainly expresses depression, loss and sorrow. Moreover, the growl vocals sound grey as well as the clean ones.

With the full spread of enchanting acoustics, ride along the heavy electric riffs. For Traditional Doomsters, the riffs will be a sure treat with a bonus that comes in the shape of well-crafted solos that elaborate the feelings of pain and sorrow and for solo guitar lovers it is a sure trance state. While the Doomsters party , Death Metal fans will enjoy the several speed sections with morbid riffs, while Lawson is growling his way through the songs, yet don’t expect to find too much tech in the riffs because it's more of a Traditional Doom album than a Death Metal one. The bottom line is , if you are a true Metalhead , whether Death or Doom is your cup of tea, you can share the experience of this album and enjoy it.

The whole album is more than a worthy listener, but here are some songs that'll capture your ears: “Into The Light” in many ways , in its beginning, sounds like the same formula as the song “Black Sabbath” yet after 3 mintues everything changes and a soft , melodic rhythm passes you by – a wonderful track.

“Delusion” starts slowly and silently before it bursts into a heavy and darkened rhythm. The chorus in this one is catchy for this sort of meld. “Don’t Forget” resembles the previous track , yet It engulfs a lot more heavy riffs and Death like melodic riffs , from their early era.

“Echoes” is one of the best around , a long song ,a factor that is usual in Doom Metal , yet it has great solos section, amazing acoustic tunes with small acoustic solos under a slow tempo while the soft vocals completes them all. “All Is Lost” is what Doom Metal is all about – sorrow and loss, both walk hand in hand in this rough tune of Death Metal killing with tunes from Leprosy. “Hope” , the closing song has the best solo in the album, so emotional and strong. This one is all clean vocals , a well done Sabbath like closer with a Cello reprise.

As mentioned, if you are a true Metalhead character , Into The Light will show you light , darkness and grey. The Prophecy has released a well-done effort to make a classical release.