The Recording of "Woods 3"...

David Gold said:
Yeah! We successfully recorded guitars for five songs (so 1/3 of the album). We used my Gibson SG on the left for the chuggier rythym parts, my BC Rich Warlock on the right (with the EMG-60 pickup) for the faster thrashier parts, through my Marshal Mode 4 amp for the rythym, and a Masrshall JCM2000 (borrowed from our good friend Paul :kickass: ) for the leads. Very seldomly do the two guitars play the same riff (the same way at the same time) so the combined result is HUGE in terms of the layered notes and subtleties within the wall of sound of the two riffs always working together.

We got up to the studio late on Friday night, we did set up and 'sounds' all day Saturday and then recorded all Sunday and Monday. The weekend was rounded out with BBQ, "Hockey Night in Canada" on TV and consuming a ton of fucking beers in the evenings. Real "Canadian Cottage Country" kind of stuff, eh?! btw - aside from being a madman recording genius and overall dark and evil human being, Dan Hulse is a pretty good cook! :p

We took some pictures that we'll post eventually, as time permits. The plan is to tackle the next five songs next weekend and keep this things rolling. It's back to the grind at our 'jabs' this morning!!! :heh:

More news soon! Thanks for your interest!!!

Hope you didn't mind Sweden beating Canada in the World Championships, :D

Anyway, sounds like things are going pretty damn good over there in canadaland! Can't wait to hear the result.

Any chances of you guys playing some Festivals in Europe 2007? (Inferno Festival in Oslo? Close-Up Festival in Stockholm? or something bigger like Wacken, Party-San open air, MetalCamp? Whichever, I'll show up, :))

.:crast:.

Any chances of you guys playing some Festivals in Europe 2007? (Inferno Festival in Oslo? Close-Up Festival in Stockholm? or something bigger like Wacken, Party-San open air, MetalCamp? Whichever, I'll show up, )

Of course! If we were invited to play, we would find a way to make it happen. I had always hoped that the first time I'd visit Europe would be to play a show with WoY.

Do you have any connections with those who select the bands at any of the fests? That's the key to getting us over there. :)

I would love to see you guys play over here. I have plans to visit Canada again in a couple years when finances allow, and the current plan is to wait until it coincides with some Woods Shows :)

David Gold said:
Of course! If we were invited to play, we would find a way to make it happen. I had always hoped that the first time I'd visit Europe would be to play a show with WoY.

Do you have any connections with those who select the bands at any of the fests? That's the key to getting us over there. :)

Sadly enough my connections are quite limited. I'll keep on spreading WoY over here though, hopefully more people will realize that you guys need to do some gigs in Sweden, :) [Naturally, we'll open for you guys then, :p]

.:crast:.

David, do you have any idea if we will be able to hear any samples any time soon? Or do you even have any recordings from any live shows?

David, do you have any idea if we will be able to hear any samples any time soon? Or do you even have any recordings from any live shows?
We unfortunately don't have any properly recorded live stuff, yet. We do however plan to post some samples online around the mixing stage (end of summer, early fall). There's much to do yet before then! ...Ask Dan Hulse about it! :p

David Gold said:
We unfortunately don't have any properly recorded live stuff, yet. We do however plan to post some samples online around the mixing stage (end of summer, early fall). There's much to do yet before then! ...Ask Dan Hulse about it! :p

Now Dave, you wouldn't lie to us if you did have samples, would you? :p ;) =P

David Gold said:

There is noordschok 07, I think with the right phonecalls you can play there because the headliners are always foreign bands.

This year sadus headlined along with darkane.

www.noordschok.nl if you need translation, i am in your msn (david)

i finally got a job so i wont have to ...... pirate.....as much.............Woy is the first recent CD i've gotten, i only really buy cds if they are so good that i end up dl most of the tracks, WoY is like the first, once i get my job and pay for the mp3 player i got, im getting the cd(s)

Guitars are now 3/4 done! All the heavy guitars are recorded and they DO sound HEAVY!!! All that's left to do is some clean guitar work, some acoustic parts and then Dan Hulse is on to doing the bass!!!

As the deadline looms...we continue on...:kickass:

Question about the drums (hopefully not already asked) David, you only recording with one bass drum? You said Woods III would be a logical step from the first demo, and there is double kick all over the demo, eg Crossing the 45th Parallel... just curious if there's any double kick on the new album.

Dauden said:
Question about the drums (hopefully not already asked) David, you only recording with one bass drum? You said Woods III would be a logical step from the first demo, and there is double kick all over the demo, eg Crossing the 45th Parallel... just curious if there's any double kick on the new album.

Probably double bass pedals-- only one physical drum. So still double-bass.