The Recording of "Woods 3"...

I can't wait for the new CD. I can't wait to get my hands on Pursuit Of The Sun & Allure Of The Earth and Woods III. Also, nice headphones Dave!

Obsidiansound said:
I'm currently playing/recording some killer bass tracks. This is going to be massive. btw, there is plenty of double kicks on the album.:kickass:

Awesome :headbang: Blastbeats for the win

Obsidiansound said:
I'm currently playing/recording some killer bass tracks. This is going to be massive. btw, there is plenty of double kicks on the album.:kickass:

Woods III seems to be more aggressive sounds by the ways you guys are describing it.

Is "woods III" the working title, or is it the actual CD release title?

I'm currently playing/recording some killer bass tracks. This is going to be massive. btw, there is plenty of double kicks on the album.

This time around, I was able to rehearse the songs for Woods 3 to a click-track and scratch guitar for about 6 solid months before we recorded the drums so I felt like I was in really good drumming shape going into the recording. I really took the time to develop all the drums parts and the result is that this album is easily heavier and more intense than any of the previous Woods material. There's lots of double bass, various types of blasts (from traditional black metal to death metal styles), even some grind and thrash parts...+ lots of dynamics that work in with the songwritting...I'm definately proud of what we did! ANTICIPATE BIG DRUMS!!! :kickass:

David Gold said:
ANTICIPATE BIG DRUMS!!! :kickass:

Big drums sound good to me! I'm a half-assed drummer, played in school from 3rd grade to 6th...then watched, learned, and played with 3 friends who all became very good. Myself, I just never got serious enough about it... but loved to play as a hobby and still do on my 12 year olds crappy little starter set. I wish he would take it more seriously, I've tried teaching him basics but he wants to become Neil Peart(or David Gold...:headbang: ) right away. Gets frustrated too easy and gives up...:erk:

But I have to say, you have a very cool style David...I like what you've done on both albums drum-wise very much, not to mention the albums overall. Can't wait to hear what you've done on this one!

Seth...:kickass:

Ok... Summer is starting to wane and soon autumn will be upon us. So, whats the new news for Woods 3? Dave what can you tell us? Any rough recordings we can hear? If not do you have any decent recording of live recordings of any Woods 3 songs? Come on, you should be able to tell us something new by now, or maybe let us hear something eh?

Obsidiansound said:
I like the sound of it... But I'm sure dave prefers his old tiny crate amp with a heavy metal pedal plugged into it. ;)

Hey, don't we all?

I'm glad to hear about the progression in the newsletter! I'm also glad to own a piece of the album. Anyone who got a string from the album now has a piece of Canadian metal history.

Recording Update - September 1st 2006

After a long summer of vocal pre-production (and day job focus), we finally begin recording vocals for Woods III next week.

top_M.jpg

I have been rehearsing and fine tuning my parts with the use of a BOSS BR-900CD digital studio and I am now well prepared and very excited to lay down the real thing! The 'BR' has allowed me to layer all my clean parts (with harmonies) as well as all my black and death vocals on seperate tracks to develop and optimize the ways that they all work together. If only I had one of these years ago...

I'm also really looking forward to tracking vocals this fall as it stats to get cooler (For those who didn't know, I dislike the heat. :loco: :puke: ). I remember when Dan Hulse and I began recording guitars early in the spring when it was still cold enough outside for us to want to make a fire in the fireplace at the studio (in the evening when tracking was done for the day and we'd be getting tanked). I think the atmosphere of the new cool weather, the fall and having fires in the fireplace will create a fitting environment for laying down the vocals to complete the tracking of this long process - and finally put this album to rest. Wish us luck! It's all green tea for me from here on in! :heh:

Winter is coming...:)