The Recording of "Woods 3"...

So much work is being done (!!!), but unfortunately, there's not much we can show you guys, yet. :p With so much always on the go, Dan Hulse (bass), Jessica (keys) and I are all 'scavengers' for time these days, but nearly every free moment of 'flextime' is being used to make some sort of contribution to "Woods 3". The recording of the guitars is the next step, which will begin soon, so I'm getting ready. At 15 tracks/approx. 70 minutes of music, the reason for the 'delays' in actual, tangible progress right now are simply due to the size of the project. Though the drums have been done for a few weeks already, we've been sharpening our individual musical chops on our instruments as well as taking the time to review and optimise all the multiple layers of the music as they work together as a huge, heavy, dynamic, whole - before permanently laying the rest of it down to tape. Massive! So far, so fucking good!!! Songs such as "Your Ontario Town is a Burial Ground" for example, will come out absolutely huge! :kickass:

btw - Our good friend and band photographer Mark Coatsworth has also been busy designing the new Woods of Ypres website (www.woodsofypres.ca). I've seen a few samples of it so far, and it looks awesome! There's no question that it will be the best, most professional and most complete Woods website there has ever been. We plan to have it launched by summer time when the real "Countdown to Woods 3" begins. Please fell free to help us with the hype by spreading the word until then!

So, just so you know, we're working hard, as the deadline creeps...:)

Thanks as always for your interest!!! You keep us going!

DG

I do not know if this is cost effective but i wouid love to hear Woods in DVD-A i only own one which is Porcupine Tree DeadWing but it blows a cd away you can hear so much more.

LunarSea said:
I do not know if this is cost effective but i wouid love to hear Woods in DVD-A i only own one which is Porcupine Tree DeadWing but it blows a cd away you can hear so much more.

The album is being recorded with protools at a 24 bit resolution. So in theory, I could do a 5.1 mix for dvd-a release. In fact, I've even done 5.1 dvd mixes and encoding for a project while I was in recording school. DVD-A disks truly sound night and day to a regular cd. Unfortunately, no one but classical music audiophiles buy dvd-a disks. It will probably be a while until you get a Woods full release on dvd-a. Although, when we do a video for the upcoming album, the accompanying track will probably be mixed in 5.1 /24bit 96k on a bonus dvd. A vinyl release is also in the works.:headbang:

Obsidiansound said:
The album is being recorded with protools at a 24 bit
resolution. So in theory, I could do a 5.1 mix for dvd-a release. In fact, I've even done 5.1 dvd mixes and encoding for a project while I was in recording school. DVD-A disks truly sound night and day to a regular cd. Unfortunately, no one but classical music audiophiles buy dvd-a disks. It will probably be a while until you get a Woods full release on dvd-a. Although, when we do a video for the upcoming album, the accompanying track will probably be mixed in 5.1 /24bit 96k on a bonus dvd. A vinyl release is also in the works.:headbang:

Yeah!?? I could do better recordings than you with a tin can and length of wax string.

Here you go folks... new Woods photos!

woods-2006-01.jpg

woods-2006-02.jpg

woods-2006-03.jpg

Uuuh, David looks like I real fuckin metal warrior in those pics, haha! Great! Just crossed those sites again... It's really really fine to here that you're working hard to supply us some new woods of ypres stuff!

Cheers!