the red chord?

Funeral Portrait said:
Into Eternity??? Where on earth did you hear any metalcore in Into Eternity?
err.gif

Agreed. That's a puzzling comment.

Haha you're deaf.

Into Eternity are blatantly metalcore. Throwing a few "death" growls in and masking mosh riffs with technicality (however fake it may be, although they have some killer fucking tech. moments) doesn't automatically change a genre. If you don't hear straight hardcore riffing (not the lead riffing; listen to the backing guitars...hear the chunk riffage/mosh riffage? That's metalcore; hardcore with x amount of metal influence), hardcore breakdowns and other such things, then you shouldn't be allowed to judge music.

OK, I'll let you have your opinion on the matter, but I'd really like to know what you think. I won't argue at all, I promise. ;)

I think they're progressive technical power melodic death speed epic thrash metal!!!

Ok maybe not, but I simply fail to hear the hardcore influence...

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Haha you're deaf.

Into Eternity are blatantly metalcore. Throwing a few "death" growls in and masking mosh riffs with technicality (however fake it may be, although they have some killer fucking tech. moments) doesn't automatically change a genre. If you don't hear straight hardcore riffing (not the lead riffing; listen to the backing guitars...hear the chunk riffage/mosh riffage? That's metalcore; hardcore with x amount of metal influence), hardcore breakdowns and other such things, then you shouldn't be allowed to judge music.

If they are metalcore, then how come the Encyclopaedia Metallum has listed them as “Progressive Death”?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
You can't hate them, it's quite difficult, seeing as how they're probably one of the best metalcore acts right now, right up there with Between the Buried and Me and Into Eternity.

How the fuck is Into Eternity metalcore? I hope you're joking...And if so I don't find your joke humorous as I did the Burger King Gauntlet. :erk:

Into Eternity is a progressive metal band with death vox.

If you guys like the Red chord you should also check out Burnt by the sun, there a fucking ace grind influenced metalcore band.

Scourge of Malice said:
Burnt by the Sun is amazing... I saw them live a few weeks ago with BTBAM... they were so fucking good.
i caught that tour when they came around Seattle, what a great fuckin show.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Into Eternity is a progressive metal band with death vox.

That's not as bad as some I've heard, trust me.

Doomwatcher said:
If they are metalcore, then how come the Encyclopaedia Metallum has listed them as “Progressive Death”?

Because the Metal-Archives' genres are consistently incorrect because they are submitted by users who have no idea what they're talking about.

Anyway, who cares. Buried in Oblivion is pretty good.

Scourge of Malice said:
Burnt by the Sun is amazing... I saw them live a few weeks ago with BTBAM... they were so fucking good.

I imagine that was a pretty special gig! I wish they'd come to the UK goddam it, although I heard a rumour that they've split up :erk: