The ritual has begun, Satan's work is done!

Ayeka

Hell Bent For Leather!
Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
Not an Iron Maiden thread, just an acknowledgement of 666 posts by myself :D :cool:

But, hey, why not an Iron Maiden thread too? :D Maiden rules!

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
Hehe! At this moment you have 670 posts :p :D

Go on, piss on my fire :p

Tomorrow I mish to see if Eddie's Archive is in the shops. I'm hoping to see if I can organise it for xmas cos I'm getting my bass repaired and will probably not be able to afford the box set after that :(

Oh yeah, I want Eddies Archieve too!
You can buy it for 700 kroners over here, which is about 80.00 dollars..expensive..indeed, but probably worth it :)

NP: Kamelot - Shadow of Uther

$80 = £48 approx! :eek: That's bloody brilliant! I saw it for £75 in Virgin today! :cry: I'm checking Amazon in a minute to make sure it's got the £60 price-tag there...wonder if there's any Norwegian spots I can order it from? :cool:

I think 895 kroner works oit at about £60...postage and packaging would almost certainly bring that above and beyond Amazon's £65 with free p&p. Looks like my best bet is there...thanks all the same! Can't wait to get my hands on this! :D

The irony is that I've probably spent close to sixty quid buying the singles on vinyl to hear the B-sides :lol: :rolleyes: ah well, the benfits still outweigh the squandering of money :cool:

I plan to order it in the next week or so...not being the master of my own kredit kard, one must be prudent when asking for large donations! :D

It's amazing how timeless the IM songs are. A few weeks ago at ProgPower USA, Angra finished the entire festival with Number of the Beast. Needless to say, the whole place went nuts....

Totally agree...somehow a lot of Maiden tunes still sound as fresh as when they came out...particularly "Number of the Beast" through to "Seventh Son...."

There was no way we were going to do our radio interview without playing at least one Maiden cut!

I missed the interview, but I did read that you might archive it on the site. That would be cool.

I had Maiden on in the car just the other day, and I forgot how good some of the 'lesser known' songs on Seventh Son were, like The Prophecy. That particular medieval acoustic guitar outro is such a nice touch....

The Prophecy has to be one of the most underrated Maiden songs ever, along with Total Eclipse, Sea Of Madness, Como Estias Amigos and their ilk. I remember people have asked the band why they never played The Prophecy live, and the answer was that it was impossible to do the acoustic outros, because of the three guitar tracks. It's gotta be said, with the three guitar lineup, playing songs like this and The Duellists live, which was impossible with the two guitars, should be something they need to get doing!

Originally posted by Ayeka
It's gotta be said, with the three guitar lineup, playing songs like this and The Duellists live, which was impossible with the two guitars, should be something they need to get doing!

Agreed - they're not using the three guitar line up as effectively as they could. Oh well, let's see what the next album and tour brings forth...they've already announced some dates for next year. Shame they're all in Europe....!

Hmmm, yeah, bar Fallen Angel I thought Brave New World sounded like a twin-guitar album, but it still fucking ruled. I really can't wait for the new album, it's going to be interesting how they'll go with the BNW sort of direction...or maybe things'll be turned around completely? :confused:

Pity about the pre-tour gigs, but oh well....I hope they actually do a proper tour over here. I don't want to be waiting months between gigs again!

Good news - I ordered Eddie's Archive today! :D