The Rugby League thread

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
One thread to rule them all for Rugby League.

The Roosters vs. Panthers game tomorrow night should be great :headbang:

Why is everyone already discounting Newcastle? At least they have all season to get a good combination together in the halves, rather than losing Johns right before the finals again. I dont think they can win the comp but they will do ok.

This week is really hard to pick.

I am in a comp with 600 odd people where you phone in only 1 team every round. It is like an elimination. For example, last round I picked Broncos over Tigers, and Broncs won so I am still in. If you pick a team that loses you are out. It is last man standing and the prize is $5000. You are not allowed to pick the same team twice in a row.

This week is really hard. I have narrowed it to either Sharks against Souths coming off the bye, or Warriors over Manly. Warriors havnt won a gaome though. I will prob go with Sharks.

All of the other games could go either way. Tigers V Cowboys, Roosters V Panthers, Raiders V Eels, Broncos V Storm, Knights V Saints. Bloody hard week to tip.

Looks like Spawny has learned how to bold and underline things and can't wait to show it off. See his Lars thread for more. :)

Manly haven't beaten the Warriors since 1998. Manly have lost by at least 40 points in their last six home games. I'm going with the Warriors to beat Manly and then commence an 11 game winning streak.

It's going to be the closest year ever though. I'm predicting 10 of the 15 spots will be decided on percentages.

Let's make a bet. If the Warriors win, then Terry is banned from #mdchat. If Manly win, then Terry is banned from #mdchat.

Up to it?

I went to see the Dragons down here last weekend. We were fucking pathetic. :(

Who's that number 1 for Storm? He's tremendous.

Did you see the Miss Bronco contest they are going to have? It made the news because a bunch of feminists were outside protesting it. "Womens rights are human rights" they say.

Apparently women are going to be forced at gunpoint to parade themselves to win the competition, thats the only conclusion I can come to.

I like how the Chicago bulls shut the feminists up, sacked their female cheer leaders and instated a bunch of fat guys without shirts to do the dancing.

This is what real cheerleaders look like

matadors_040228.jpg

matadors2_040228.jpg

:lol: That rules! :lol:

I'd much prefer to watch a bunch of fat guys jiggling round than watch the pre-pubescent girls that Storm have as cheerleaders. At least it'd be a good laugh.

How good were the MIGHTY Penrith Panthers last night? I was hoping Girdler and Hodges would have a proper fight though. Bad losers those Roosters are.

Spawn just a thought do you think we a "Maiden Downunder " shouls have a fotty tipping competition...............i know ist a bit late but..............