The Rugby League thread

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Seeing as its a bit quiet today....

Can anyone believe Penrith are 2 points outside the top 8? Despite showing how flawed the top 8 system is when a team that has one 4 from 12 games can be 2 points outside the finals, its good, because all hope isnt lost :D

NZ Warriors, these guys are the stealth bombers of the NRL, you never hear about them but they are coming second! They have won like 8 in a row as well.... :eek:

Cronulla look to have turned things around too.....

Anyway, none of that matters because if Andrew Johns remains healthy, Newcastle are unstoppable. Johns is a freak :eek:

Soccer? :lol: Its a mens game played by women!

"Oh my god me knee!"
"Ahhh my ankle!
"Ouch my foot!"

Take a penalty? "Oh yes, no problem, tis all better now"

Wimps.

:)

Iccy, we're talking about rugby LEAGUE, not rugby (which most associate with that so-called "game that's played in heaven", union).

Spawny, the top 8 system is OK, but this year it's thrown all out of wack because teams get 2 points for byes, which means that teams that have had byes so far are higher in the table than teams that have won more games than them :)

Didn't I tell you the Panthers would do well this year? They'll pull a Broncos-in-1999 and scrape into 8th place for the finals, mark my words.

And yes, the Warriors are great. It's so strange that the team I've been following for years, and who have been a constant disappointment (with the occasional exception) suddenly in 2nd spot, ahead of top teams like Brisbane, Newcastle and Parramatta. WARRIORS!!!

The top 8, in no real order, will be:

Bulldogs
Warriors
Knights
Brisbane
Parramatta
Sharks
Penrith
Roosters

You might want to keep this thread handy to check in September

bah!!!!!!!

Rugby takes no skill....anyone can be a fat bastard and run into other guys. Hey I dont hear about soccer players sticking their fingers up other players arseholes and biting their balls.... :)
Bunch of damn homos them rugby players :)

Dont worry Spiff, you cant take anyone that likes soccer or Afl seriously :D

Yeah I was quite surprised, Penrith have totally turned around, its like a different team!

I think only the top 4 teams have a chance of winning it this year though to be honest!

It's funny that the AFL is complaining about the small crowds at some of the games this year, yet the smallest AFL crowd this season is still larger than the biggest NRL. :lol:

Even in Geelong we get more than 20k to each game. :)

Rugby League is tops. Go the BULLDOGS!!!

I do however like watching soccer, Premier League (Liverpool) and the World Cup is a great sporting event.

Do NOT dig AFL. Bizarre, bizarre game.

AFL rules! It's a game that actually takes some talent and sporting ability, rather than simply a bunch of slow running fat men. :mad:

Typical AFL game:

Bloke catches ball that is kicked to him. Everyone else just stands around while he takes a kick to another bloke. Some other bloke does a poncy jump to catch the ball, cops an elbow to the ribs and cries foul. Repeat.

Stupidest thing about AFL? Guy kicks for goal. Misses. GETS A POINT ANYWAY! This is the sort of thing you'd expect special school kids to play, where everyone gets a point regardless of their skill. Maybe that's why Victorians love it so much, because EVERYONE can get points.

Typical rugby league game:

One athlete passes the ball to another athlete, who with a bit of luck manages to break the opposition's defensive line and puts the ball over the tryline, perhaps with three or four 100+ kg athletes hanging off of him. Another athlete then has to kick the ball over the posts, often from a ridiculously tough angle. Another athlete sets up a try by kicking the ball to the other side of the field and one of his teammates, who must be standing BEHIND him, sprints to where the ball is to land, leaps into the air risking being turned upside down and landing on his head, catches the ball, then barges his way through three or four other 100+ kg guys and touches the ball down. Athletes often stand a risk of breaking bones, suffering concussions, or receiving career-ending spinal injuries, yet none of them complain.

Repeat.

:lol: I can't be bothered explaining anything or even replying to that.

In a world where more people die in soccer riots than at The Eureka Stockade, and Shikara or a loser-chick from Neighbours can rule the music charts, who am I to say what you should or should not watch or listen to?

Well I actully spawn I support the mighty Tigers the team the panthers shat on the weekend.

In the Premier the Hammers are my side and have been a long time before I'd come across a certain band who liked them as well.

Originally posted by Bucko
Well I actully spawn I support the mighty Tigers the team the panthers shat on the weekend.

Sorry about that Bucko, they lost in the last minute too, not a good way to lose for anyone!

Originally posted by Spiff

Stupidest thing about AFL? Guy kicks for goal. Misses. GETS A POINT ANYWAY! This is the sort of thing you'd expect special school kids to play, where everyone gets a point regardless of their skill. Maybe that's why Victorians love it so much, because EVERYONE can get points.

You know that Brownlow medal? They give that out on the "Everyone gets a trophy night" :D