The Smiths

Originally posted by Jay
I think the smiths are shit. never liked them. that singer is a student 'ooo... all feel sorry for me' ponce.
wanker!
(no offence, just an opinion:mad: )
just cos you never liked them dont mean they are shit. i have heard some stuff and it sounded dead good. wrong about morrisey too. ive seen bigger ponces in me own band:mad:

Originally posted by Bambi
hey u can disrespect the poxy smiths all you want our Jay but leave the cure alone!! :mad:
I don't care if they look like total nonces disintegration is a class album. cure heads, however, deserve to be danced on :lol:

damn right. :mad:

just realized i'm having (not mine but here) 'the smiths' and 'strangeways, here we come' never listened to 'em, though..:confused: oh, i think i tried once, couple of songs..nope, didn't like much. should try again, though i'm doubting i'd be that into their music..? whatever.. listen and see :rolleyes:

The smiths are one the few bands I'll probably listen to the rest of my life (alongside Pink Floyd, The Doors, Queen, Anathema, Tom Waits...) That band is about good songs! That's something too many bands lack. Allthough I can understand some people find Morrissey's voice a bit to sterile or something. His solo work is pretty good too (check these beauties out : we hate it when our friends become succesfull, why don't you find out for yourself, novembre spawned a monster, national front disco...) Well, I know what I'm going to put on when I get home...

Still his voice fucks up everything... I can't fuckin' stand the way he sings. The same with the Oasis dude. They might have a few good tunes but his vocals make me wanna torch the CD... I dunno... :(

Originally posted by speakinstone
just realized i'm having (not mine but here) 'the smiths' and 'strangeways, here we come' never listened to 'em, though..:confused: oh, i think i tried once, couple of songs..nope, didn't like much. should try again, though i'm doubting i'd be that into their music..? whatever.. listen and see :rolleyes:

Try atleast 'last night I dreamed somebody love me' from strangeways. That's the ultimate downer song for me...

I love the Smiths...A good album you could start on is 'The World Won't Listen'...It's a compilation which (I think) showcases some of their best songs...

Originally posted by madgirl
how soon is now
got me into the smiths ,,,

i think they RULLLEEEE
Me too :) . I already knew some stuff from them, but after I heard the Paradise Lost cover I started to like them. They are a great band. Sometimes they are named the new beatles in the 80s....

Originally posted by sol83
PL have covered The Smiths? When? On what album/release? :confused:

You have to check a mini album they released just before "One second", and called "true belief 97".
There is a remaster of 'true belief' as you can imagine, ;)
this cover from the Smiths called "How Son Is Now" ( fantastic song and good cover imo ), and an itw from an old (he 'd kill me )friend of mine, the Count Rabasse.

Ace stuff ! :)

The Smiths ruuuuuuuuuule :D :D

[QUOTEYou have to check a mini album they released just before "One second", and called "true belief 97".
There is a remaster of 'true belief' as you can imagine
[/QUOTE]
Oh yes, I forgot it. It was released about the same time on both singles.
And there is no remastered version of true belief on that single. There are two new versions of True Belief, on normal and one only instrumental.