The Sports Thread

I can't believe I ended up getting a defensive player (Ellis Hobbs) to make up for Drew Brees's poor performance in my fantasy league.

Not a very good game for the Bears, but looking at the schedule, I'd be surprised if they were worse than 10-6 or 11-5. Their defense is going to terrorize some of the weaker teams they play. They held LT to 25 rushing yards. That's damn good. They need a big improvement on offense to be a title contender. Grossman was not too bad today. He didn't make any mistakes in the 2nd half. The play calling was too conservative.

Not a very good game for the Bears, but looking at the schedule, I'd be surprised if they were worse than 10-6 or 11-5. Their defense is going to terrorize some of the weaker teams they play. They held LT to 25 rushing yards. That's damn good. They need a big improvement on offense to be a title contender. Grossman was not too bad today. He didn't make any mistakes in the 2nd half. The play calling was too conservative.

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with the Bears D. Tomlinson was getting nothing. I am glad we started running Michael Turner. It seems like his style was more effective against the Bears. They had some pretty good offensive series, and Grossman looked pretty good at times. But that was sad when he just let the ball slip out of his hand.

I have more confidence now for the Chargers going forward (with all the coaching changes etc.), but next week (Patriots) will be tough. They looked killer aganst the Jets, though I think we will be putting more pressure on Brady than the Jets did.

The thing that bothers me about the start of football season is that everyone but me ceases to care about baseball. I should get more into football just so I don't feel so left out.

But, A-Rod for MVP, so on and so forth.

I really, really need the Indians to finish with a better record than the Angels.

If the season ends with the standings as they are, the first round of the AL Playoffs will be Indians vs Red Sox and Yankees vs Angels. That's bad for me because the Angles own the Yankees.

However, if the Indians finish with a better record than the Angels, it will be Red Sox vs Angels and Yankees vs Indians. That's good because the Yankees own the Indians and the Red Sox own the Angels. Therefore, that would almost certainly result in a YANKS-SAWX ALCS, which, as I recall worked out pretty well for you guys last time, but I think the Yankees would win it this year if they make it that far. I really think the only playoff bound team that can beat the Yankees is the Angels.

I have more confidence now for the Chargers going forward (with all the coaching changes etc.), but next week (Patriots) will be tough. They looked killer aganst the Jets, though I think we will be putting more pressure on Brady than the Jets did.

thats the thing. fucking pressure the shit out of Brady and he will suck! Send 8 guys. make him eat turf. bam, Patriots lose.

The Pats are going to crush the Chargers just like last year in the divisional playoff game.

Anyways, if anyone is curious. I'm leading in points in the UM Fantasy Football league.

King Richard - 283.39 (two players left to play)
vs.
Mathias - 150.14 (three players left to play)

Ozzman - 178.55 (three players left to play)
vs.
Cookie Cutter - 246.41 (one player left to play)

As you can see I'm dominating like there is no tomorrow. Hoooyaah!