The Surrealist / Stream of Thought writing Thread

AchrisK

Weakling
Jan 16, 2007
Arizona, USA
www.musicbuyingfreak.com
Anyone ever do any weird surrealist writing?

I have done a few things where I just start writing and try to come up with some sentences, either a story or not, that don't make any sense, but seem to flow as naturally as any other writing. I try to do it without a lot of thinking about it, other than inserting the right amount of nonsense and changing of non-ideas, and choosing words that go well near each other, and flow.

So post anything weird you have written, or just try to flow out some weirdness.

I wrote the following just a couple of minutes ago:

What I intend to demonstrate is the lack of any real tact, notwithstanding the purple ground shafts that seem to continually plummet to the sky in an array of green and candy warts. But perhaps my greatest accomplishement is nothing short of a really long and winding road I once sat upon, smoking a pipe of corned beef hash and eggshells. Furthermore I do solemnly swear to coincide with every occurence of the spotted dodo.

Ha! This rules...I should get in on it eventually. Here are some great ones by famous noise artist G.X. Jupitter-Larsen (of The Haters)...these all open as PDF files, but they're crazy, so read them:

I started reading the first one. It's longer than I was expecting. I like how it has started to progress from shorter to longer paragraphs, and adds more elemtns, then changes and has hints of the earlier stuff. I also love those how nonsense words are slowly introduced. "...the xaatoogeekisisyding of the wind.".

I started reading the first one. It's longer than I was expecting. I like how it has started to progress from shorter to longer paragraphs, and adds more elemtns, then changes and has hints of the earlier stuff. I also love those how nonsense words are slowly introduced. "...the xaatoogeekisisyding of the wind.".

Yeah, they are long...you can order the actual books from him, but they are just PDF files, heh.

The honey bee is one of the most interesting of mammals. He continuously hampers the ongoing efforts of her cousin the bat, the bovine, and the monkey. This complicates matters when once we have seen our reflection, we soon forget how to read. I am slightly unhappy, though bottles of this stuff falter upon seas of rock. Rolling downhill the ambition repeats the inaudible roll call of the dead. I digress.

For my part, I had never read much poetry or looked into weird writing styles. I just started writing to tell this one girl about a song I was listening to. I just started saying all these weird and absurd things that were not true. It amused me so much I tried doing it for the sake of the enjoyment I got from it. I then started to notice how I would be picky in choosing the words and arrangements to some degree. It was just flowing, and it was important that I let it flow and take it as it came, but not just anything that came out worked for what I was doing. A lot of the other things I have written have been absurd little first person perspective surreal stories. I have no idea if the stuff I write has any base in any existing type of writing.

There used to be this thing online called the Surrealist Compliment Generator. It was funny.

Dang, I just searched on it and it still exists:

http://www.madsci.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/~lynn/jardin/SCG

woohoo!

I don't really care whether it's good or not, it's just fun to spew retarded shit out every now and then. And it's cool that we have a thread for it.

I see your toeballs over there. Lamp me.

So does it hate me? I mean I respect the originators of this kind of work that began around the Beat movement like Ginsberg (though I'm not much of a fan), Plath, Adrienne Rich (of whom I am admittedly fond), etc. I even enjoy cummings. But most writers today seem to just be doing THE SAME SHIT that these people have done, and they're doing it because they feel that it is an escape from the confines of the literary world of the past, when the then contemporary Beat writers are now part of that circuitous path. They're not doing anything new, but they seem to think they are, and that's really why I can't get into it.

Boy, that sounds awfully familiar. Oh yeah, same could be said about most metal, or at least how I see it.

I don't really care whether it's good or not, it's just fun to spew retarded shit out every now and then. And it's cool that we have a thread for it.

I see your toeballs over there. Lamp me.

Welcome to my world. When I'm my alter-ego King Drunkard, anything goes dude!