The Surrealist / Stream of Thought writing Thread

er AchrisK...but Alter would probably enjoy him as well

So does it hate me? I mean I respect the originators of this kind of work that began around the Beat movement like Ginsberg (though I'm not much of a fan), Plath, Adrienne Rich (of whom I am admittedly fond), etc. I even enjoy cummings. But most writers today seem to just be doing THE SAME SHIT that these people have done, and they're doing it because they feel that it is an escape from the confines of the literary world of the past, when the then contemporary Beat writers are now part of that circuitous path. They're not doing anything new, but they seem to think they are, and that's really why I can't get into it.

erm. Are you saying the Surrealist movement in literature/poetry started in/around the Beat movement? If so, you're incredibly wrong. See: Lautreamont, Andre Breton and all the other french Surrealist people around the late 19th/early 20th century.

Hungry staircase. Fleas defect touts ramen sunlight garb. Utmost mature decomposition blasphemic lather.

Myopic hirulaoia kjaioia0o000a99a00a99a0a9a0a9a9a9a00a0a000.

My ahirur aoiaio is ahjki by ahizi AHH.

Pardon my esophagus/

Why don't you quit taping your eyes to the ceiling and get some real bologny monsters in the next fifteen years I'm off your couch... what is your grenade doing in my soup? I can't suck horses with your umbrella in the way of my pet cloud. Grabafaoaediopiantutu....feppipirrafdinnni. Or you might have syphilis, I dunno.

Why don't you quit taping your eyes to the ceiling and get some real bologny monsters in the next fifteen years I'm off your couch... what is your grenade doing in my soup? I can't suck horses with your umbrella in the way of my pet cloud. Grabafaoaediopiantutu....feppipirrafdinnni. Or you might have syphilis, I dunno.

:headbang:

Did you pronounce out "Grabafaoaediopiantutu....feppipirrafdinnni" as you were typing it?

Here is the thing that started me off writing like this. I was telling a girl about a song I was listening to:

...it's sick.....i've been playing it over and over again in me car....cause i'm mentally unstable and i want everybody to know so i play it real loud and then look around all crayzee like at the people in the cars next to me and they look back at me and start crying because they feel sorry for me so i get out and give them a tissue to dry their eyes because i feel bad that i made them cry so then we're like best friends and they buy me stuff but sometimes they stare at me weird and then i have to run away because i don't want them to see that my eyes are really not purple like i told them so then i don't have them as a friend anymore but that's ok cause i still got you.

:headbang:

Did you pronounce out "Grabafaoaediopiantutu....feppipirrafdinnni" as you were typing it?

Most of it. The second word has a nice ring to it, don't it?

but sometimes they stare at me weird and then i have to run away because i don't want them to see that my eyes are really not purple like i told them so then i don't have them as a friend anymore but that's ok cause i still got you.

:lol: