The tattoo-thread

Draugen

I I I
Nov 7, 2002
Malmo, Sweden
Okay, now it is started. I noticed there were two old threads with tattoos in this forum, but they we're all regarding V-tattoos. I think some of us have others, don't you? :p

Here goes:
This is my left arm. At the top is the now (in)famous trollcross (this one I drew myself to make it a bit more personal) and furthest down is the alien/bug/bull-thing that Tiamat used on their album "A Deeper Kind Of Slumber".
tat5.jpg

Below is my right arm. At the top is the Aegishjalmur, and I'm pretty sure most of you have seen it in some other way or shape before. At the bottom is the tattoo I don't like very much today - the kliffoth-star that Therion have been using on almost every album. Also, I should point out that I'll probably fill the circles and the line connecting them someday. It looks quite stupid as it is today.
tat9.jpg

Last but not least is the latest tattoo that I did about a year ago on my right leg. It didn't actually turn out the way I wanted it to, but after I got used to it, I really liked it.
tat10.jpg

And for the record, I don't shave my legs other than when I'm about to get tattooed... :p

Just wanted to share pics of my first tattoo, Odin :) I got it a week ago :D and I'm very happy with the results :p

PS. Try to don't see my face please (haha) I looked afraid... but I wasn't :p

Just wanted to share pics of my first tattoo, Odin :) I got it a week ago :D and I'm very happy with the results :p

Nice! And your face is OK, too!

So, why Odin? Is there a story here? Or do you feel a personal connection to him?

(I don't have any tattoos and will probably never get any*, but all of the work I've seen in this thread is just magnificent! However, I do want to know what Mr. V's tattoos are!)

( *I have nothing against tattoos per se, I just don't like the idea of 'permanence' in regards to art on my body. It may be hard to explain.)

@ Draugen: I really like the first and third pics! The second one is OK, but has space for improvement IMO.

@ Lupskalla: I think Odin tattoos are a tad too over-used (inked?), but I really like yours! It seems like a young version of him, since, from what I can see, he still has both eyes. Most people get the 'olde' Wotan tattooed.

@ Draugen: I really like the first and third pics! The second one is OK, but has space for improvement IMO.

I couldn't agree more with you. I think the tattoo-guy who did the aegishjalmur and the stuff around it was a bit drunk, but it was many years ago now... :p

PS. Try to don't see my face please (haha) I looked afraid... but I wasn't :p
hehe i was already wondering when you were going to post your tattoo pictures... ;) very cool tat, as you already know, and you don't look afraid to me at all haha :D
i was just wondering what was the reason you decided to have it on your forearm? it's not a place you can easily cover up with clothes, especially in the summer...

So, why Odin? Is there a story here? Or do you feel a personal connection to him?

Thanks : ) Cool that you liked it :) I got a tattoo of Odin because I have always been fascinated by him, I just love nordic mythology and my favorite god is Odin, he's just great :p so I could say that I have a strong connection to him!!!

I think Odin tattoos are a tad too over-used (inked?), but I really like yours! It seems like a young version of him, since, from what I can see, he still has both eyes. Most people get the 'olde' Wotan tattooed.

Cool that you also liked the tattoo hehe :p The motive that I got was painted by my sister (I did some changes in the beard and the wings but basically she was the one who created it) and she had various "modern viking" models (one of those my husband, hehe) so that's why he looks young :p About the eyes, I will get the blind one the next week because the guy who did it forgot it, ha!
hehe i was already wondering when you were going to post your tattoo pictures... very cool tat, as you already know, and you don't look afraid to me at all haha
i was just wondering what was the reason you decided to have it on your forearm? it's not a place you can easily cover up with clothes, especially in the summer...
Good that I don't look afraid :D some friends have told me that I looked afraid, but cool if not :p
I wanted always a tattoo on my forearm, don't know why but I have a weird fixation with tattoos in forearms, haha, they look sexy to me :heh: and I also wanted a place to show my tat as much as possible, hehehe. But I heard from the guy who did it that it's not a common place for girls to get tattooed :p cool to be original, haha : )

Cool that you also liked the tattoo hehe :p The motive that I got was painted by my sister (I did some changes in the beard and the wings but basically she was the one who created it) and she had various "modern viking" models (one of those my husband, hehe) so that's why he looks young :p About the eyes, I will get the blind one the next week because the guy who did it forgot it, ha!

Ah hahaha that's very funny! You could leave it with both eyes, as there is an Oden with both eyes. It'd be stylish, since most people will have one-eyed Oden. Hence, everyone will go: o_O he has two eyes!!!

the tattoo on the back of my left hand reads D C L X V I
[six hundred and sixty-six in roman numerals]
the tattoo on my upper left arm is a Bat symbol,
not the weird rounded one from the 60s show,
but the one from Frank Miller's art where it looks more like an actual bat
i don't have pics cuz they both look like crap
gonna have them touched up before i take pics of them