The 'There aren't enough new threads' thread

dreamwatch

Syntax error
So, how are we all then? What sort of a week have we all had?

Me, boring, tiring, same old shit week. Although I did stop a stolen credit card yesterday. Poor bastard was a lamb to the slaughter. :lol: I spotted him before he even said he wanted the camera. Another £50 reward to add to the Shortland family fortune. :D

Did you crash tackle him or anything Bev? Can I call you Bev? Do you really get fifty pounds for catching him? We got nothing but a punch in the face when we caught ticket evaders when I used to work on the ticket barriers :(

Spawn, of course you can call me Bev. :)

You get a £50 reward from the banks for stopping any transaction going through on a stolen or cloned credit card. You get that in any retail company. I've made about £350 in the last 2 years alone.

No crash tackling. I served the guy, he was quite shifty (alarm bell 1) and my first thought was that he was going to snatch a camcorder. He asked to see a £700 model, I told him I couldn't power it up (not entirely true, but I wanted to see his reaction) and he was fine about it (alarm bell 2). He then asked to see one with a touch screen facility, to which I explained only the Sonys have that and heres a lovely one for £400. He said he wanted to spend £800, but no more than that (alarm bell 3 - by this time I was thinking it would be so much easier if you just handed me the fucking card now and left peacefully). So I get the camera, and it's a display model. He doesn't give a shit (alarm bell 4, as if I needed another one). So to clarify, some 20yr old with a baseball cap walks in off the street to buy an £700 camcorder, which he doesn't want to see powered up, he doesn't want to price match with a cheaper store, and he doesn't even want to get discounted for being a display model. Now usually the cards get stopped when you swipe them - if it's been reported stolen they go through the security clearance thing on the phone and they tell you to withold the card. But this one went through. His signature was a bit dodgy, so I asked him to sign again. When I told him that I would have to call for authorisation he started to turn a bit nasty, and demanded his card back. I took great pleasure of informing the gentleman that I couldn't do that (although I didn't tell him I had 50 quid riding on it :lol: ). Called it through and he pegged it from the shop. Beaut. :D

So, that was the highlight of my otherwise boring week. Oh, and coming home and watching loads of Starsky and Hutch. :)

owned.jpg

There you go :)

Oh, is that Starsky And Hutch you are talking about the movie? I was going to buy it, as I was watching a snippet of it at HMV a couple of weeks ago and it looked good.

the movie's fairly good... not heaps funny, but a great movie.

And I think she's talking about the series, judging by her avatar.

My week has seen more than a couple of things out of the ordinary actually. Yesterday I bought the new Alter Bridge album, which I have been enjoying quite a lot since. Has also gotten me back into some Creed, which I have also been enjoying. On Thursday I was feeling spontaneous, so I went and got my nipple pierced for something to do. It hurt like a motherfucker. Thursday night I spent the night at my new girlfriends place. Fun. Monday I spent many hours finishing an assignment that was due that afternoon. I handed it in with 7 minutes to spare. I think I did rather well on it though. Tonight I am off to a friend from school's 21st, but am leaving early to go watch Some Kind Of Monster again, as it is showing in my local theatre. As I mentioned in another thread, I made my first ever Amazon order the other day for the new Dream Theater DVD. I also got 'Top Secret!' on DVD as well, since you can't seem to get it in region 4, and it was cheap. Hilarious film that. Work today hasn't been too bad so far. I am on my lunch break for about another half hour, but afternoons always seem to go relatively quickly, so that is alright. Funny this morning I had a Mercedes Limo come in, and next to it was a Mini Cooper lol. That will do for now.

Spiff - maybe shifty isn't the right word. He was very talkative, they do that see to try and distract you. Alas he came to the wrong person.

Spawn, Ceydn is right it's the TV show I'm talking about. The movies ok, and kinda funny, but it just can't compare in any way to the series. :)

So it's just Blitzy thats had a fun filled and action packed week then. Bah. Now I'm off to work AGAIN. :mad:

Oh my god, MARK CAN SEE BEV THROUGH THE COMPUTER SCREEN SOMEHOW!

Have you been watching me too?