The 'this album is blowing me away on first listen' thread!

Thee Maldoror Kollective - New Era Viral Order

This is giving me chills and it's the first time I've heard it! You Aborym fans definitely need to check these guys out, I know there's at least 3 of you out there! :D

NAD said:

This is giving me chills and it's the first time I've heard it! You Aborym fans definitely need to check these guys out, I know there's at least 3 of you out there! :D
Two things:

(a) you've had that promo forever, and you've only just got round to listening to it? Haha, you really do have too many CDs - it's a sure sign. :tickled:

(b) code666 ruled 2003. :p

I think I put it on once for 30 seconds several months ago and mumbled "I don't have time for this, Negura Bunget is sitting right here!!!"

They ruled 2002 as well (when TMK was released :D ).

Yes, that one took me quite awhile to get into but now I'm really enjoying it. You're right about those vocals, fucking creepy stuff man! I do like 'N Crugu Bradului better, but there is a completely different vibe between the two. Maiastru Sfetnic is obviously insanely dark and bleak sounding.

I'm still waiting for Sala Molksa from Negru, I hope he hasn't forgotten about me or something got lost in the mail. :erk:

NAD said:
Yes, that one took me quite awhile to get into but now I'm really enjoying it. You're right about those vocals, fucking creepy stuff man! I do like 'N Crugu Bradului better, but there is a completely different vibe between the two. Maiastru Sfetnic is obviously insanely dark and bleak sounding.
Yes! Those vocals on MS are one of the highlights. MS takes ages to get into as well. It's kinda all over the place too, pulling you in and out of the fog... :heh:

I'm still waiting for Sala Molksa from Negru, I hope he hasn't forgotten about me or something got lost in the mail. :erk:
That man is a ghost, I tell ya. Still waiting for his interview answers! To be fair, I think that they're working on new song material, and the magazine takes a lot out of them, but still, he vanishes from time to time. I also want a Maistru Sfetnic shirt sooo badly, and only he has them.

FYI - Negru responds pretty quickly to both lurch70 and tribalchemy, so if you're in need of tracking something, they might be able to ask on your behalf.

It's funny how that beeping thingy on that album sounded goofy to me the first several times, but now it scares the crap out of me!

Cool, thanks. I don't want to bug him just yet, I figured he was busy with his magazine or the upcoming tour preparations or something. I'll wait a few more weeks. :D

that celtic frost thread is probably the best ever.

1) it was cool and funny, not gay and lying
2) i got rid of 'to mega therion'
3) i got 'sala molska'... and it is hard to find now
4) i pissed everyone off and got to know them at the same time

bad things...

1) it indirectly caused me to stop poking smot :(

NAD said:

This album was "just another futuristic black metal album" for me. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it lacked something, and never really pulled me in.

The band's next release is apparently going to be closer to noisecore like Isis and Neurosis then techno black metal.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Twilight of the Idols
Wow is all I can say. Not as consistent as Hammers of Misfortune, but their good stuff is on par.

Aeternus - ...And so the Night Became
These riffs rip my teeth out, some of the best I've heard in years.

Honestly I just stumbled across this and decided to bump, I already discussed those two albums in further detail elsewhere.