"Out of my way wretched human!"

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
So, Diabolical Masquerade, amazing band. They are obviously the crowning achievement on the head of the amazing musician that is Anders "Blakkheim" Nystrom.

What started out as an awesome one man project with the first two releases, Ravendusk In My Heart, and The Phantom Lodge, evolved into a two man joint effort between two of metal's most respected individuals: The already mentioned Blakkheim, and the multitalented Dan Swano.

With Swano helping on the drums and keyboards, the albums Nightwork and Death's Design are unique and amazing albums of the highest quality.

So ... I guess we discuss Diabolical Masquerade now :kickass:

I have the phantom lodge. great stuff

I'm a fan of anything that anders,swano,etc.. do. All these individuals that have worked together in some form.

You should get Ravendusk In My Heart, it is very similar to The Phantom Lodge.

Nightwork should also be checked out, and if you like that I say go for the ambitious Death's Design ... which is just amazing. 61 tracks of sheer awesomeness.

It was actually hard for me to come across the phantom lodge. I would have more diabolical masquerade but it's like looking for katatonia 'sounds of decay' or edge of sanity 'spectral sorrows'.

The bands are all semi- popular or have connections and you can't even get their music.

The End Records sells Death's Design ... and I know there is some shit on eBay as I was looking earlier.

I would start with The Phantom Lodge.

As for what kind of music, kind of weird circus'y sounding black metal.

I started with Nightwork, and suggest you start there. I however, think it is fine to start with any album aside from Death's Design.

DD may be the best, but it isn't the best starting place.

CAIRATH said:
I would start with The Phantom Lodge.

As for what kind of music, kind of weird circus'y sounding black metal.
Haha, Old Man's Child reminds me of the circus.