THE THUNDER DOME

Come on Rich!You only Die once,But you live everyday!Treat yourself man,you deserve it!!!

I agree but it's the engineers job to make someone sound better and musos are a bunch of whiners too :)

Reactions: redfly
ugly-drummer-no-problem-lose-him-with-our-fog-machines-19881445.png

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
You tell me, you guys voted a reality TV star in as Pres. :p

However I will say this, every drummer, guitarist, bassist and singer has bad days and every one of them also has songs that they can't master. They also have deadlines and schedules that must be kept, even more so in this day and age where recorded music doesn't make the money studio time costs. Computers can't and shouldn't replace people and talent but I guarantee there are few albums these days that don't use technology of some kind to improve the music, including albums that Lomardo has done. What he is saying is not entirely wrong but making blanket statements like "don't use it" is no different to him saying "don't use XYZ cymbals, because I don't."

Reactions: Neptune
I'm not sure of the connection between Trump and this lol

Screw that. If you write it you should be able to play it. Excuses excuses. It didn't sound like anything other than Lombardo saying people are relying on it too much and not practicing enough. It wasn't really a blanket statement.. If you can't play it live...and I'm not talking about like three guitar harmonies that people do on record. I'm talking it's simply above their skill level. That's cheating.
Dave didn't criticize the engineers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slammed
If a muso that can't play is not a muso what is a elected President that is actually a reality TV star?

Dave was talking about the studio not live. It was a Dave Mustaine kind of comment, someone stuck a recorder in his face he didn't know what to say and he couldn't stop the brain fart so he let it fall out his mouth. If Lombardo hasn't used technology of some kind to help him do something in the studio then I need to go out and feed my pet elephant.

He was a business man long before he was on reality tv. An elected president is Still a president. The comparison is not a good one.

I know he was talking about the studio.
He's not talking about little things. He's talking about. People who make music that they can't play.
Dave I'm sure has had help. but he can pull it off live. Mustaine uses the shit out of cut and paste, but he can pull it off live. That's the difference.

It's good one from what the rest of the world sees. At best he's a person that's had a business empire handed too him and the rest of the world knows him better as a reality TV person with a mouth that rivals a musician.

No one said he couldn't pull it off live but his comment was about being in the studio and his only qualification of that statement was that he didn't do it so no one else should. He's done it as has anyone else that can afford it. His talent is undeniable but his comment was little more than a Dave-ism and like Dave he's free to sound however the hell he wants but he could just name whoever it is that has got under his goat with their playing instead of saying it the way he did.

But...Trump isn't relevant to anyone but America. Remember?

what? he's saying younger musicians are doing themselves a disservice by relying on technology instead of practicing.And they are.
You really seem to read a lot of what you want into things.

He may not be relevant but like it or not he's a world figure and known around the world as a clown that used to be on tv and now runs a country. Our PM is not relevant to America but it doesn't mean many American's who follow such news don't know him as a rich private school brat who inherited money and bought his way to power.

I read what is there, he has a beef with some one or some people and rather than call them out he makes a blanket statement that no one should use technology, the same technology he has used himself. What he said is not entirely wrong but the way he said it comes off as arrogant.

Reactions: redfly
I think that actually does make him relevant. Don't get me wrong I'm not exactly happy about it. I get emails from friends in other countries always bringing up Trump and these aren't Americans that moved somewhere, they are from these countries.

I didn't take it like he was pissed at all. Just a general statement on the way the recording industry is going.

I'm not suggesting he's not relevant to you, or other American's, even some people from other countries but he's not relevant to me. My own leader is barely relevant to me and what I do every day and he's less relevant to anyone in American, the majority of Yanks probably wouldn't even know the guy's name.

He's still putting himself on a pedestal and looking down on other people for doing what he himself has done