THE THUNDER DOME

Seems to me on those shows there is only one band member that get talked to for anything more than a single comment to make the host look clever or funny. James Corden has Reggie Watts and every night he speaks to him but I've only even seen him talk to the drummer when he has a smart arse comments and until the other night I'd never heard him introduce the band. Paul Shaffer was on Letterman for years but I don't know who else was in the band. And only last year there was some other big metal player on one of the night shows I can't even remember the show or the muso but I know Blabber and MI raved about it for a few days before it died off and became a no news event. As much as I like Gene I can't see his stint being anything but an introduction on night one and little more than a few fast cut shots during the week. If he's lucky they'll get him to throw a drum solo in but I wouldn't watch the show just for that, it will turn up on YT, or his own site.

Reactions: redfly
I think it was Lombardo who did the stint you are talking about. Charlie from Anthrax has also been a guest drummer probably within the last few months. They've also had people like Vai on and even he doesn't really get to do what he does.
I'm pretty sure you're right it's mostly the one guy in the band that gets a little back and forth.
I'm not gonna watch it on the show either. I'll catch it on youtube and not sit through all the crap I don't care about...you know. Everything else lol

Reactions: Slammed
Which show was Lombardo on?

I'm too cheap to pay for pay TV so we only get Corden here (that I know of) but I don't remember hearing about Lombardo or Benate doing guest stints on any night shows. Mind you it's the kind of news I generally wouldn't read much about given that we wouldn't see the shows.

Man he was a honest down to earth dude.I have a hard time watching documentaries about our fallen heroes!Even though it’s very bad ass!!!

I want to know what his art collection thing is. I admit I haven't bother checking the videos he's been releasing on FB but he's getting pretty excited about it.

I've seen some of it. But I also get mixed up between his, Lombardos, Menzas. I think Vinnie Appice and maybe even Bill ward have them.
I like Menzas the best I think.

I figure I'll wait until whatever it is comes to the due date and see what he's offering, if it's good then yippee if not I'll soon forget it.

I don't know if it's the kind of stuff I'd buy, it would want to be pretty darn special for me to buy it.

The idea of any muso throwing down a tune and offering others the chance to do something with it is a good one. I don't know that I want a new song every day but it has been interesting hearing what's been made so far.