The 'Touch of Red' video is funny.

I didn't take the "Touch of Red" video seriously, so that's why it was funny.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Everlost, you have no life.

IF are not that deep. Accept it.

Actually I do have a life , i work for a healthcare company, go to concerts, move computers as a side job and Im currently helping my friends build a house all while listening to metal.
IF may not be that deep to some but they are to me and thats why i like them so much , I was a psychology major for two years in college and I recognize Anders writings as being ideas of the inner mind. Thats also why I like PETER DOLVING singing in the HAunted again I like his interpretations of humanity and society as a whole. Makes you think what really goes on in their minds. Anders may be a bit pretentious but Ive meet him several times and hes cautious but friendly and I wonder what really goes on inside the mind of a lyricist. Espcially one who uses so many metaphors almost all his lyrics are metaphors.

AlphaTemplar said:
But the quicktime/windows media video doesnt work
You prefer streaming?

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
There is three things to be said about the video.
1. As many have stated it is a attempt to please the nu metal crowd.
2. Its a spoof of rap videos.
or 3. and this is the one I think, I think theirs a deeper meaning more to it all together. I think the video is trying to express the idea that people are distracted by trivial things and lose site of whats important. Its all chaos and anarchy and in the middle of it are the glimpses of the two girls wearing red dresses. I think they stick out because its like what you are suppose to be focusing on ... OUR FUTURE AND HOPE IN OUR CHILDREN. Instead we are distracted by material things , money, power, sex, etc. See its starts out Choas choas chaos, then the two girls which are innocent and young and naive in the picture with the vicous dog, then more chaos and a broken doll the sign of lost innocence , then the whole dirty wet hummer washing scene celebrating sex then DANIEL holding the child. See its things we lost or lost control of because of a busy world where nobody stops to look around and or cares. I think its more of a representation of ANDERS lyrics then any of their other videos. To tell you the truth I get more outta their newer videos then any of their older ones cause I think THis one and TQP represents the lyrics more. Now they have the money to express what the ideas are.

Anders seems like hes in solitude, Bjorn is the free spirit, Daniel sees his responsiblities, Peter lives like a rock star and in sin and Jesper uses the tatoo artists to represent his family. ITS ALL IN METAPHORS.
I caught onto the material world also..

Im glad someone else picked up on that too.
:tickled:
Now if only the first riff wasn't so crap.. sounds like something you would play while messing around on a guitar :Smug:

Devillicus said:
It does sound like that, I play in a band, and I discard riffs better than that opening riff.

Although I must say, I do have a weak spot for the chorus in this song.
Yes, the chorus is good.. but my god the riff.. it's like jesper was drunk when he wrote it!

insidethefall said:
This is one of the worst videos I've ever seen, like the song and In flames in general it's completly worthless and just proves how nu-metal and ghetto minded they really are. And what was up with the hot chicks spashing water on each other/lesbian scenes? even cradle of filth does the lesbian thing better than that, not just some white trash out on the streets

Die in flames!!!!

People like you are the reason they made the video like that. It's so "nu" and trendy because it's saying fuck you, In Flames don't give a fuck about you dime a dozen head up your ass metalheads, they're going to do what they want and frankly couldn't give a fuck. You've proved it right there with your post that the video served it's purpose.

thanks I just thought Id share it to see what everyone else thinks.

I don't know whether or not the video does have that much depth to it... but I am very impressed with your thinkiing!

Personaly, I liked the video because it was funny