the tourettes thread

Last night I saw Finding Neverland.

johnny-depp.jpg

Bloody manipulative Hollywood movies :bah: It was nice and all, bit too cheesy, although I don't know why the seven Oscar nominations. Depp's Scottish accent is great though.

But the top three tearjerkers for me are:

Schindler's List
Song for a Reagge Boy
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

hmm i wasnt crying with eternal sunshine really, but i liked it a lot. didnt realize it were famous actors first at all.

saw winterschläfer/wintersleepers yesterday, ... i was expecting a bit more.

last tearjerker was la meglio gioventu... sigh.

hmm another movie thread... you cant do much more than name dropping and say 'see, don't see.'

i would like to see some more classics. cassablanca, l'avventura... what should i see next?
what is the best western to see? i don't really like the genre, but i was thinking bout seeing one or two. perhaps to good the bad and the ugly? or are there better ones?
what's the best german movie?
polish?
irish?
hungarian?

Okay, so my thread has no right to exist on its own, anyway, @Sid (once I wrote it up I don't wanna let it go :))

Song for a ragga boy is Irish, well, Irish-English, if I'm correct. Other Irish movies I really like are The Crying Game, The Van, Agnes Brown and The Butcher Boy.

There are quite a number of Hungarian movies that I find cool, but they're not internationally known, most of them were made in the 80s. Maybe my absolute favourite would be one called Half Asleep (Félálom, whatever it's translated into) and Hungarian Requiem.

hahaha oh god duncaaaaaan :yell:
confusing bastard

anyway.
thanks mar they'll be scribbled down in my things to see list. since they're 80ies i hope for special hairdos and everything

Duncan, I opened a new movie thread cause we can't use the search function as it is, I don't even know if there was a movie thread before, but anyway, I wouldn't be able to search for it now. I find it discriminatory how you treat my posts. Why does a now playing thread (let alone two of them) have more right to be here than a movie thread?

*shrugs* Haven't seen Philadelphia.

I just recalled I watched Young Frankenstein back in the old days with my grandmother and little brother, amazing :) Apparently, we all enjoyed it a lot; she is just great, hail granny :worship: