The Trondheim gig

Slaydon

Jul 28, 2008
right outside Oslo, Norway
So I was in Trondheim on the 11th and saw Opeth. The gig was really good, but somehow the guitar solos sounded out of tune. Must have been the position where I was sitting. Anyway, Mikael was really funny and talked a lot. The hall was crammed to the ultimate. It's not a big hall, but the atmosphere was right up there. I got my wish fulfilled-they played CREDENCE!!!:):headbang: And what also surprised me, The Night and the Silent Water. Mikael jokingly said that they started writing ballads to get girls or in Swedish "fixa tjejer",lol. And then he went on about a children's program he used to watch and how he was afraid of a cat with big eyes there. He also said (perhaps jokingly) that MM had been a gymnast for 15 years,hehe. Anybody know if he was joking or not?

They closed the gig with a crowd favorite, Deliverance.

It truly was a great gig, I liked the atmosphere of the venue a lot, and seemed like the band was having really fun on stage, which we saw in his speechs.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oq9sENd7Lk&feature=channel_page[/ame]
here´s a little clip i took from Deliverance, I think it speaks for itselfs (sorry i had to cut it before the ending, my Neck needed some exercise.)

I have no idea if he was joking or not. Also, was it just me/the alcohol, or did Axe wear a bandage or something around his neck?

I loved Fred. He is fucking meant to be on a stage, and you can see that when he's playing.

I have no idea if he was joking or not. Also, was it just me/the alcohol, or did Axe wear a bandage or something around his neck?

I loved Fred. He is fucking meant to be on a stage, and you can see that when he's playing.

Yeah, true. I was sitting too far away to see if Axe had anything around his neck. One thing is sure tho, he looked tall! Mikael said "we feel short here".:lol: Is he a joker or what?

Did the outro tone sound like this

I knew the set, so I was kind of waiting for this outro, and really hoped it would sound the same, but it became the only dissapointment of the evening. All though the rest of the song was much better, with Mike's voice insane, the outro was shorter, had no drums, and the sound was'nt as good. The way Mike sang the line "the once unknown" allmost made up for it though.

i think it was a great gig. but can anyone help me remember the setlist? i think it was:

heir apparent, ghost of perdition, godhead's lament, credence, leper affinity, hessian peel, TNATSW, closure, lotus eater, deliverance
correct me if i'm wrong!

That's all the songs they played, but the order was:
Heir Apparent
Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Leper Affinity
Credence
Hessian Peel
Closure
The Night And the Silent Water
The Lotus Eater
Deliverance

In Bergen they played an additional short part of The Drapery Falls kind of improvised, where Mikael let the audience sing the last part. Sounded good actually.