Ashlëk

Stay inside
Sep 6, 2005
Everywhere
Get your facts straight guys :

SongMeanings.net

Moonlapse Vertigo

by moonlaspe_vertigo on 07-29-2005 @ 09:58:24 PM

I must commend Martin Lopez for his excellent percussion on this song. Moonlaspe Vertigo falls into the concept of a forbidden plight between a white woman and an African slave. Take the first verse into consideration.

Kept warm by the light of the lantern
Lost sight of everything tonight
My presence blackens their pattern
A pock in the healthy and calm

Why do you think his presence blackens their pattern? Maybe because of the pigmentation of his skin.

:err: :err: :err:

Or, like is said in the first song, the guy is an ungodly freak and probably very evil. The african americans are taking over too much already, lets not let them take over Still Life.

A double meaning for 'the Moor', maybe? The main mental image that popped into my head when I first heard the song was a Muslim guy, not a moor. I doubt it though.

Um, the concept of still life is about this dude who comes back home after many years and can't find the old McDonald's he used to go to so he shoots everyone with a shotgun and then he has a huge party with hookers and cocaine and all the corpses

hmm now that he mentions it, it does seem kind of weird. the ungodly freak, defiler line, the moor, this lyric from moonlapse vertigo. hmm

Oinkness said:
Or, like is said in the first song, the guy is an ungodly freak and probably very evil. The african americans are taking over too much already, lets not let them take over Still Life.
Good let em. ;)

steel102 said:
hmm now that he mentions it, it does seem kind of weird. the ungodly freak, defiler line, the moor, this lyric from moonlapse vertigo. hmm
Are you serious?

Akerfeldt has even said what the album's about.

couldn't agree more about the whole evil presence thing... nothing there at all suggests anything to do with africans or skin colour.... lanterns suggest older times but damn, that still doesn't link it to them :)

if u look at the 3rd line compared to the 4th... consider a presence blackening or darkening the healthy and calm. To me that sounds like evil, just like the others have said.

jeanreno said:
Um, the concept of still life is about this dude who comes back home after many years and can't find the old McDonald's he used to go to so he shoots everyone with a shotgun and then he has a huge party with hookers and cocaine and all the corpses
shut up

On a serious note - isn't the concept based on Homer's 'The Illiad' or something like that? I've got the basic gist of the story, and my mate told me the idea was taken from that story