The U.S. Tour: What to Expect?

RuinerXL

Demon of the Fall
Dec 10, 2002
Chicago, IL
www.myspace.com
As Katatonia's first-ever American tour looms over us, thoughts of what to expect have begun to creep into this fan's mind. With the release of TGCD, Katatonia's sound has of course continued in its steady evolution and this has me wondering. The band has traditionally encored with Murder in the past, but has now replaced even that with a new-era song, thus depleting the setlist of any pre-DO material. The trouble is this: Katatonia has played all of two American dates so far and as such, do you think they'll be inclined to let us hear some older material (if only for the fact that most of the people attending the shows will be seeing Katatonia for the first time ever)? I am overjoyed and indescribably excited to see these guys play, regardless of what material they decide to unleash upon us. However, hearing anything pre-DO would be an extra-succulent treat and I drool even at the possibility thereof. What are your thoughts?

haha.....good to see you vince!

I remember Anders saying that they were working on a "medly" of sorts where they were going to compile some choice parts of their old style songs and play it as an encore.....lets hope.....Ill be seeing them on the 26th-27th-28th.....

I caught them in Glasgow on the first date(I think) of the european tour.There was no Murder but from what i hear it was played later on in the tour. Summer Breeze in August there was again no Murder but it was worth it to hear Cold Ways, Right Into The Bliss and the great Had To (Leave).

Enjoy the shows people. Your gonna be blown away.

10 days away, Oct 28th, can't wait! I really hope there are a variety of songs, something off BMD would definitely rule, let's hope their playtime isn't too short since there are only 3 bands.

Plus I'll get my Bloodbath guitar signed and it will be complete!

Anthony3 said:
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is going to fucking rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else going this weekend?

man I wish I could go to those shows......but school and work will not permit that Im afraid......of course I expect a complete rundown of the shows.....but your always super good about that.....have a blast brother...

hehe i could only manage to go to one (yay me losing my PR card)... a week to the day(oct 25, Toronto).. hehe if they play more old stuff from bmd, dods or fftc... i might spontaneously expolde hehe,,,nonethe less im looking really foward to seeing them :D

Deliverance6 said:
man I wish I could go to those shows......but school and work will not permit that Im afraid......of course I expect a complete rundown of the shows.....but your always super good about that.....have a blast brother...

Yeah dude, I was hoping we could meet up and rock out with Katatonia.
......................................................................................................

I will be at the Virginia and Troy, NY shows in November also. I was trying like hell to get to the LA show too but I am running out of funds. I guess seeing them 5 times will be good enough. Getting up for work at 5:15am on Monday is going to fucking suck after being in NYC Sunday night and away from my house all weekend.

no european bands likes usa ..that's a fact..anyways i'm driving all the way up to san antonio...hope to meet some forum mates there..

no_reply said:
no european bands likes usa ..that's a fact..anyways i'm driving all the way up to san antonio...hope to meet some forum mates there..

I'll be there, playing first with my band Vex actually, right before Daylight Dies. Can't wait for this one. The official press release promised that Katatonia would be playing a pretty even mix of all of their albums.

lucifer1126 said:
FRANKKKKKKK gimme review of Soilwork!!!!! so i can anticipate for it tonite. Also, can i meet up with you later?

no prob, i'll most likely be outside while Darkest Hour is on

edit: and no need to worry about the merch on the Soilwork tour. It's all crap. haha just a bunch of leftovers they're trying to get rid of.