The unthinkable tour is happening: Jon Oliva's Pain/CIIC/Manticora U.S. tour

Manticora is a nice addition, but Savatage is my top band, so this tour sounds amazing. Here's hoping for better luck than the last one.

I wonder if Glenn feels that this is going to hurt PP at all, considering he his #4 band (along with the acoustic Wed night performer) touring in the Spring. I know from MY perspective, I'll take any chance I can get to see Jon & Zak!

Steve in Philly

I personally don't think it'll have a real impact on the fest. Also, I doubt Glenn has a problem with it as I imagine he had a hand in putting it together
Yea, since he now works for Intromental. I really don't see how this could hurt PP. It's all good.

Bourbon Street will be the site of the 1st JOP/C2C show. It will happen the week before Progpower!

\m/

Manticora is a nice addition, but Savatage is my top band, so this tour sounds amazing. Here's hoping for better luck than the last one.

I wonder if Glenn feels that this is going to hurt PP at all, considering he his #4 band (along with the acoustic Wed night performer) touring in the Spring. I know from MY perspective, I'll take any chance I can get to see Jon & Zak!

Steve in Philly

I doubt it. Nowhere else in the country can you hear Jon Oliva sing, get off the stage, and then hear Matt Barlow sing. Nowhere.

WOW!! Now this is a GREAT tour!! I do hope there will be an Atlanta date...

This is amazing news, I am so fucking excited. I seriously hope everything goes good with NY/NJ this time around now that Oliva is in the picture. If Chris Caffery can headline BB Kings I don't think this tour will have a problem at all getting in there. I cannot wait for some tour dates. I will hit as many as I can in the NY/NJ area.

WOW!

I'll definitely start saving my pennies to see this show. And for Mr. Oliva to say this is one of the best records of his career has my curiosity sparked!

Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:notworthy Can you say

NOMAD??

I will attend as many shows of this tour as my paycheck allows!! Now, how do I work the Florida show into my schedule the week before PP?? **Assumes Travel Agent/Nomad persona**!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

C yall on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris :headbang:

OK - I am late responding to this coz I had to break the news to my buddy that we got Co-Sponsorship of JOP for ProgPower :) Didn't want him to see it on the board first.

I hope to God this tour makes it to the Mountain West (or Midwest or whatever the hell Colorado is considered) - or someplace close enough to get to on a fairly short flight (or even driving - that would rule). These 3 bands together is even better than the first package - just in my opinion because I really love all these bands :)

I think I may be seeing a whole lot of Mr Oliva and Mr Zak this year - makes me happy :) Can't wait for the new CD - from what I have heard from people commenting on it - it sounds damn fine :)

Hope this tour does really well for the bands and the folks bringing it to us. Good luck all.

Jeff
Proud Co-Sponsor of Jon Oliva's Pain for ProgPower (woo hoo I ahve been waiting to type that for a while):headbang: