The "upcoming album" Thread

Qtulhu said:
I think it's not leaked (yet). I haven't seen it on net. But to be honest there is possibility that some promos are out. And that comment was made 8 days ago, so I think it was fake what he/she listened as a real thing. Or maybe he/she got a change to listen the real thing.

I spoke to Niklas and CM didn't even get the material to make promos until last week or so.

Oh, I know a thing or three that you don't ;) Muahahaha ;)

I wouldn't be doing that ^^ unless it was expected of me.

Villain said:
2. Will it really be a single instead of an MCD? I'm talking about the size of the CD-case here - will it be a thin one like singles usually are, or will it be of a regular size?
I know nothing of it, but from past experiences (oCaEN and ESA), my bets are definitely on the regular size :)

Alfred (overloaded)

I just got an update from centurymedia.

The Uk release date for Lost To Apathy is 15th Novemeber and it says its an MCD, not a single... I thought it was a single :p. Anyway its out sooner than I expected. I really can't wait.

Edit: Just realised this isnt new news to anyone but me :p Sowee for this SPAM.

@kc: check the official website from time to time. :p the tracklist for lta features 6 pieces between songs and other stuff, so i guess that's why they call it a mcd. when it comes to new and unreleased material, the "single" part of lta is obviously the edit of the album song, the remix for the endless feed, and the medley/mix kinda thing that goes by the name of "derivation tnb", tnb being the acronym for the opener on the new record.

Here just might be a nice new guessing-game to make the wait for the release-date seem a little shorter, namely what do you think TNB stands for?

Those who do know are not allowed to participate #points fingers at Rahvin and Tranquillian# :yell:

I will come with a more proper possible title later, but as of now my guess will be:

Thermo-Nuclear Bomb. :p

-Villain

rahvin said:
three-nippled boobs.

:yuk: however this image could make its way into your mind i shudder to think...

...please don't participate again. ;)

rahvin said:
three-nippled boobs.

sorry, i forgot i couldn't participate.
Ah - it's the first time Nicklasson was allowed to name a DT-song, it seems. :Spin:

My slightly more serious guess would be:

This Narrow Being - sounds a little DT'ish, doesn't it? While "Lost to Apathy" actually doesn't sound like a typical DT-title to me at all...

-Villain

Practical Question: why is everything so hush-hush with the new album? are rahvin and tranquillian under some sort of gag order not to indulge our curiosities, or are they just being sadistic? :D

@fathomless: for what concerns me, there is a running gag order which is always valid. ;) i only divulge information that either (a) is available from other sources; (b) has been explicitly authorized by the band (usually, if a specific question pops up on these pages, i ask niklas straight away whether i can go public with the answer or not, and act accordingly); (c) i deem harmless/irrelevant.
things like the tracklist for the new album and other details about the songs are clearly not something i just go and mention to people. in addition to the "secrecy" issue, there's also the fact that i presume the band would prefer to be the first to announce the specifics of their work.

@rahvin: makes perfect sense. you see, the whole drawn-out process of the new dt album has me feeling like a child on december 12th who believes that he will probably live a full year before christmas. i.e., IWANTITIWANTITIWANTITIWANTITIWANTIT. now please. no delay. that is all.

impatiently,

fathomless

La Rocque said:
Will DT break any neo ground with this new disc?
only for neo-phytes.

or, more seriously: what do you expect? the objective value of a record is pretty hard to judge years after its release, let alone a couple of months before. the new dt is definitely not a 180° turn from what the band has done in the past. it's not ska. it's not electronic body music. it's not rap. i'm sorry to admit i haven't the faintest idea about how much you are going to find it diverse and ground-breaking, and it's impossible to mention unquestionable facts about it without sinking into banality: it's different from damage done, it's different from any other record they have done before, the quality is really high, they are not repeating a stale formula. but any dt fan would have been very surprised to discover it was otherwise.