The Way of The Wyrd

May 24, 2007
I don't know how many of you have read this, but it is personally one of my favorite books. Anyways I had read that they are making a movie of it, this is what Brian Bates had to say about it:

"am currently working with New Line Films (who made The Lord of the Rings trilogy) to make The Way of Wyrd into a live action feature film. The book has had a long history of interest from film-makers, but none have quite made it into being a film, so I hope this time it will. However, I am sure that any film will not be made close to the story of the book, for demands of film-viewers these days are more eclectic. I would prefer to see a film that reached a large audience but with changes than one faithful to the book that had a very limited release. A general release film will reach far more people, spread the word far and wide that there is wisdom in Olde English culture, and hopefully lead people to the book and other authors too."

I have mixed feelings about it, for one it has inspired one of the greatest albums of all time, and inspired me, on the other hand it may blow more cock than Elton John depending on how much they change it :erk: .

Thoughts?

Don't let americans do the film though! They'd make sure it wasn't TOO antichristian! They can't raise money from all the religious lobbyists if it was.. haha.. But on the other hand. The almighty dollar is the almighty god is it not?

I don't know how many of you have read this, but it is personally one of my favorite books. Anyways I had read that they are making a movie of it, this is what Brian Bates had to say about it:

"am currently working with New Line Films (who made The Lord of the Rings trilogy) to make The Way of Wyrd into a live action feature film. The book has had a long history of interest from film-makers, but none have quite made it into being a film, so I hope this time it will. However, I am sure that any film will not be made close to the story of the book, for demands of film-viewers these days are more eclectic. I would prefer to see a film that reached a large audience but with changes than one faithful to the book that had a very limited release. A general release film will reach far more people, spread the word far and wide that there is wisdom in Olde English culture, and hopefully lead people to the book and other authors too."

I have mixed feelings about it, for one it has inspired one of the greatest albums of all time, and inspired me, on the other hand it may blow more cock than Elton John depending on how much they change it :erk: .

Thoughts?

I "MET" brian at sussex uni in 1990 - he asked if i was one of these "sabbaT" guys etc etc no -not me,just your average metal fan etc etc:worship:BRIAN -CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH -"its importasnt,im a SABBAT fan"

OK then

oh great days

Read the book again and again and first heard about it when I bought Dreamweaver.

It is an important book for me and many others and when I read it again a couple of months ago it made even more sense than ever before. How anyone reads it will have their own persoanl vibe, and generally when they make films things get misssed out or f**ked up in some way. Basically it will never be the same as we all picture it differently in pur own head.

It looks like an good opportunity to spread the word to more people and the word needs to be spread, now more than ever....

Read the book again and again and first heard about it when I bought Dreamweaver.

It is an important book for me and many others and when I read it again a couple of months ago it made even more sense than ever before. How anyone reads it will have their own persoanl vibe, and generally when they make films things get misssed out or f**ked up in some way. Basically it will never be the same as we all picture it differently in pur own head.

It looks like an good opportunity to spread the word to more people and the word needs to be spread, now more than ever....

Which is why it grates me so much when people criticise Martin Walkyier - the job he did getting the "vibe!" of the book into dreamweaver is fucking stunning.This band introduced me to ,well,reading books, remember that dreamweaver cover and insert? those amazing lyrics!!

why wernt this band HUGE?

There is no justice in this world - michelle mcmanus got a number 1 single arrrrrrrrgggggg grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [rants,wife throwing cold water on me etc:loco: :loco: ]

Which is why it grates me so much when people criticise Martin Walkyier - the job he did getting the "vibe!" of the book into dreamweaver is fucking stunning.

This is what Brian Bates say about it:
"[...] I was fascinated to read how people had come to The Way of Wyrd via this heavy-metal band. I didn't know them at all, just heard that they had been inspired by the book and their record company sent me some copies of the album (as it still was in those days of turntables, only 17 years ago). I too thought Martin Walkyer's lyrics were superb. [...]"

I've read the italian translation of the book (La Via del Wyrd) more than on time and I strongly agree with the above comments: my life is note the same ever since!

A movie? I think it's a good thing, especially if Bates will be more or less involved in the writing of the script. Otherwise, LotR is there to demonstrate that every book can be adapted with excellent results! Even with some heavy changes...

PS: with this I've taken the courage to post, after weeks of daily lurking... :oops:
Hello from Italy to all the Sabbat fans in here!
PPS: Sorry for my weak english... :ill:

This is what Brian Bates say about it:
"[...] I was fascinated to read how people had come to The Way of Wyrd via this heavy-metal band. I didn't know them at all, just heard that they had been inspired by the book and their record company sent me some copies of the album (as it still was in those days of turntables, only 17 years ago). I too thought Martin Walkyer's lyrics were superb. [...]"

I've read the italian translation of the book (La Via del Wyrd) more than on time and I strongly agree with the above comments: my life is note the same ever since!

A movie? I think it's a good thing, especially if Bates will be more or less involved in the writing of the script. Otherwise, LotR is there to demonstrate that every book can be adapted with excellent results! Even with some heavy changes...

PS: with this I've taken the courage to post, after weeks of daily lurking... :oops:
Hello from Italy to all the Sabbat fans in here!
PPS: Sorry for my weak english... :ill:

Hey great you are here.
Do you have lyrics for the dreamweaver album translated into italian???:Smokin:

Oh, thank you Andy, i'm honored! :) ... :)notworthy )

Hello sabbat35! Thank you for your welcome! :kickass:
Italian translations of Sabbat lyrics? I doubt that these can exist... but, why you ask? :loco:

I just thought how impossibly italian it would all sound lol i cant imagine it translated

"There is no way to fight a foe
who strikes from the inside,
and once within we can begin to
smite this pagan pride.
We shall take their graven images
and grind them in the dirt,
for that men can live in paradise
must be the Devils work."
:lol:

I just thought how impossibly italian it would all sound lol i cant imagine it translated

"There is no way to fight a foe
who strikes from the inside,
and once within we can begin to
smite this pagan pride.
We shall take their graven images
and grind them in the dirt,
for that men can live in paradise
must be the Devils work."
:lol:
Italian and english are very different in phrasing but many words have the same - latin - origin.

That piece can be translated about this way:

"Non c’è modo di combattere un avversario
che colpisce dall’interno,
ed una volta dentro possiamo cominciare a
percuotere questo orgoglio pagano.
Noi dobbiamo prendere i loro idoli
e frantumarli nella terra,
perché quegli uomini possono vivere in paradiso
deve essere l'opera del Diavolo."

:rolleyes:

from La Cospirazione Clericale... :lol:

Italian is a rich and complex language, but his sound don't fit very well with heavy metal...

Italian and english are very different in phrasing but many words have the same - latin - origin.

That piece can be translated about this way:

"Non c’è modo di combattere un avversario
che colpisce dall’interno,
ed una volta dentro possiamo cominciare a
percuotere questo orgoglio pagano.
Noi dobbiamo prendere i loro idoli
e frantumarli nella terra,
perché quegli uomini possono vivere in paradiso
deve essere l'opera del Diavolo."

:rolleyes:

from La Cospirazione Clericale... :lol:

Italian is a rich and complex language, but his sound don't fit very well with heavy metal...

Do you find it difficult to sing Sabbat songs? Its tajken me 20 years to learn all the songs,every word, it must be very difficult if your second language?

Yes is not easy at all, especially the Dreamweaver songs. So many words very quickly said...

I've played and singed (screamed...) in a Slayer tribute band for many years, so I've practice of fast vocal lines... but the wordplays of Martin are not the usual thrash lyrics (death! kill! destroy! :lol:).

In fact, I've start learning english with the words of Martin Walkyier, years ago… :)