The "wish me luck" topic

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
This is a topic for all who need a bit of luck in their lives. Please wish them good luck :D

I am trembling at the moment. I got a call today from a recruiting company asking if I wanted to do a job interview for an opening at a company here in town. Some of you might know I've studied for far too long and haven't been able to get a job in that field yet (engineering). The job is this:

Responsibility

Meet customer demands by maintaining and securing the production schedule regarding materials, production capacity and manufacturability. Supply information to the Program Manager regarding sales and deliveries, forecast accuracy and inventory movements. Support the Program Manager in developing customer specific logistic solutions that will work in the existing organisational and process related structures of Flextronics. Supply efficient project management regarding logistics in NPI, TPI, “ramp-up” and “ramp-down” projects.

Authority

Approve customer sales orders above approved production schedule if materials, production capacity and manufacturability are secured. Maintain and prioritise production and sales order planning in case of delays due to materials, capacity or manufacturability.

Work Assignment

· In cooperation with the operational buyers secure the production schedule regarding materials

· In cooperation with production planners and shop floor managers secure the production schedule regarding capacity

· In cooperation with process engineering secure the production schedule regarding manufacturability

· Analyse forecast changes from customer and when the forecast is secured regarding materials, capacity and manufacturability apply the changes to the production schedule

· Secure deliveries of unforecasted sales orders and sales orders above forecast regarding materials, capacity and manufacturability

· Supply information to the Program Manager regarding sales and deliveries, forecast accuracy and inventory movements.

· Analyse inventories to identify cause and consequence of Excess, Obsolete or Shortages in materials.

· Monitor and update the parameters in the plan item data and item data continuously to correspond to reality and the rules of the planning handbook.

· Act as Project Manager regarding logistics in NPI, TPI, “ramp-up” and “ramp-down” projects.

· Support the Program Manager in developing customer specific logistic solutions that will work in the existing organisational and process related structures of Flextronics.

· Continuous contact with the customer regarding delivery schedules and priorities.

Education / Experience

· University minimum four years or experience which Flextronics finds similar

· Basic commercial competence

· Basic knowledge in finance, agreement law and electronics

· Basic knowledge of production and process engineering

· Highly developed and proven analytical abilities

· Speak and write English fluently

· Advanced knowledge of the MRP II functionality

· Advanced knowledge and experience of ERP-system functionality

· The master planner must be able to handle several different tasks at one time, and also deliver the assigned tasks at the right time. This means being able to come up with creative solutions to problems that occur during the daily work

I don't think I have all the experience they ask for but I am willing to do my best, and a job interview is always an experience for the future.

So, wish me luck ;)

@Tranquillian: My bf's an engineer, too, different field though, and he also has trouble finding a job. The very best of luck to you! I'll be keeping everything I can cross crossed for you :)

This is not my field either. I'm a mechanical engineer with a specialization in graphical technologies. Thanks for all your wishes :).

all the best for the interview. it's not all too important to meet all the "requirements", what they wrote down is more like wishful thinking, an optimal candidate they won't possibly get. just try to show that you really want this job, and remember that the ultimate geek ready for all these tasks and requirements mentioned won't probably have any soft skills, so that's where your chances come in. just be nice and all will be well :)

Best of luck on getting the job, as you deserve it. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and wish for you to get it. :)

It looks like a very responsible position. Good luck, Tranquillian (Daniel).

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, our organization tacks on to EVERY job description no matter how high up or low on the totem pole... "other duties as assigned" ;-)

One year our Executive V.P. asked my (then) boss to go out to get some beer to marinate the brats we were having for a staff Oktober(food)fest. That's a job I don't think he grumbled about taking care of. =)

Lycka till, Daniel!

I hereby state that you are allowed to rub my old good-luck-cap, which you have so faithfully guarded these two years (haven't you?), to improve your luck in this! :D

-Villain

Good luck Tranq.
Like VC said the problem with most job postings is that, no matter
how skilled you are you will never be able to meet all the demands.
I remember a few years ago when a company was looking for someone
with 4 years of experience in Windows XP, only problem being that XP
had not been out more than a few months :lol:

Some companies also use this to pay you less, "seeing as you don't have
all the qualifications, we will hire you for a test period with lower pay"
and before you know it, you are stuck and with the same pay.

*not thinking of companies in any kind of jaded way ;) *

Villain said:
Lycka till, Daniel!

I hereby state that you are allowed to rub my old good-luck-cap, which you have so faithfully guarded these two years (haven't you?), to improve your luck in this! :D

-Villain
I regret to inform you that I threw it away when I moved in November.

Thank you all! And don't forget to come and post in this topic when YOU need some luck.