The Wounded

MiniMoose

Apr 22, 2008
Ok, I know there are some fans here.

Just found a tiny clip from their upcoming album. It's really tiny..and it almost doesn't sound like anything like they've made before, but hey...it's one of the bands I think that i will hold almost as high as Katatonia one day. Amazing singer..which you really can't hear here..but..it's something new..finally!

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Wounded/Ease+Me+"Single"/Ease+Me

Of course...after listening more and checking around it seems that there's two bands called The Wounded. But neither sounds like this...confused.
It seems like this isn't THE WOUNDED I was looking for...damnit!
Edit: On allmusic the discography says this IS a "new" single from 2005. Go figure..

Older stuff: http://www.myspace.com/thewoundednl

they are amazin, i didn't hear some news for a long time. I checked their web site and says: (translated with google)

"We are currently busy recording again.
Including all the guitar parts are now in full swing, and keys and vocals still in need.
than the mix, and also very important that we have no record deal are.
there is contact with some labels but there is still nothing concrete.
It can be some time, and we will not assume that the end of this year, a release date will be known, let alone one for old and new release follows.

lets be clear that the new album is coming, and we want to act as much as possible.

until later!"

but there is not date of the post =/

they are amazin, i didn't hear some news for a long time. I checked their web site and says: (translated with google)

"We are currently busy recording again.
Including all the guitar parts are now in full swing, and keys and vocals still in need.
than the mix, and also very important that we have no record deal are.
there is contact with some labels but there is still nothing concrete.
It can be some time, and we will not assume that the end of this year, a release date will be known, let alone one for old and new release follows.

lets be clear that the new album is coming, and we want to act as much as possible.

until later!"

but there is not date of the post =/

Thanks for translating that! :)

very discouraged ones

but a bit slow movin.

ill keep my eye on them

There Smels like Teen Spirit Nirvana cover is very cool, like Katatonia do Nirvana!

very discouraged ones

but a bit slow movin.

ill keep my eye on them

There Smels like Teen Spirit Nirvana cover is very cool, like Katatonia do Nirvana!

Still haven't heard that cover.
Thei're almost on the edge of being too dramatic, but then again...his voice makes it work. The vocalist really has many subtle changes in his voice which makes it very interesting to me. I might make this vocalist on my top 3 vocalist chart..with Jonas. Van Der Velde...hmm..got to remember that name. It's almost impossible though.

The Wounded is awesome. Haven't been listening them for quite some time, so I think I need to give a spin for their albums again.

Don't really like "Smells Like Teen Spirit" cover that much - mostly just because that song is worn out. Have heard the original version too often. "Small Town Boy" cover on their debut album on the other hand is brilliant. Love that song.

Last blog entry on their myspace site is from June, but at least it seems that they are writing new material. That's brilliant news. :headbang:

Then what did you hear, just some various songs? The Nirvana cover is on their latest and most popular album 'Atlantic'.

yup, just have some songs from here and there. Have ordered the cd now though. I got my shit together last night. Can't believe I've waited so long to order something THIS good.

Don't really like "Smells Like Teen Spirit" cover that much - mostly just because that song is worn out.
Yeah, it's the worst part of "Atlantic" i.m.o., I tend to skip it. I love the original song though, no matter how many times I've heard it, it still has tremendous energy.
yup, just have some songs from here and there. Have ordered the cd now though. I got my shit together last night. Can't believe I've waited so long to order something THIS good.
Yeah, great album, you won't be disappointed (I'm assuming you ordered Atlantic).

Yeah, it's the worst part of "Atlantic" i.m.o., I tend to skip it. I love the original song though, no matter how many times I've heard it, it still has tremendous energy. Yeah, great album, you won't be disappointed (I'm assuming you ordered Atlantic).

You assume correct. Got it from amazon.co.uk for 7 £. Of course...the postal route will make me suffer again. It's what I get for being a cheap bastard.