The WoY Beer Thread.

After having just moved in to a new appartment in downtown Toronto...now pounding the following Toronto beers:

Steam Whistle - STEAM WHISTLE BREWING - THE GOOD BEER FOLKS
steamm-whstl.jpg

Have you toured the brewery yet? If not, be sure to ask about the bike...

My sister and brother in law took me there when I went out to visit. Really interesting place, and I love the fact that they do indeed have a Steam Whistle that is blown at the end of every day.

That was a drunken night... Tour the brewery, then hit up The Beer Market. Good... god... I was in heaven.

PS: The school I am currently attending has Steamwhistle on Tap. $4.25 for a pint. I have had numerous liquid lunches in the past few weeks.

Anywho, the best beer in the world, bar none is Rochefort 10.

rochefort10.jpg

big thumbs up on the Rochefort 10.
that Unibroue they're selling at Trader Joe's is not bad, considering it's about the same price for 750ml of that as it is for 11.2oz of any Rochefort, though.

Carlsberg (canned)

If I don´t get my own place and a job soon I fear I´m gonna turn into a part time alcoholic! Right now, I live with my parents (I´m 28 for fucks sake) and I´m bored out of my skull!!!

Ahh, fuck self pity!

For all you Melbourne folks - I went to Acland Cellars in St Kilda today and freaked out at how many obscure import beers they have there. That place is heaven. I didn't pick up much though, just a Belgian trappist beer and a Redoak (small but awesome Sydney brewery). But I wanna go back and pick up the Satan, Lucifer, Judas, and some others (see a pattern emerging here? Heh...)

They also gave me a card for a website called www.beerstore.com.au ... have a look at it if you're a beer drinker, I'm planning to order some stuff that I can't find in shops anywhere (like Chopper Read's new beer, Chopper Heavy... Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale... and also the SCB Chilli beer!)

They've got quite a few Canadian beers as well... can any of you Canadians tell me what Raftman, Trois Pistoles, Terrible, or Maudite is like? Their descriptions look rather tasty.

One final thing...

darwin_large.jpg

Insane Northern Territory bastards.

Now Drinking: Dansk Pilsner. Crap discount stuff, but it´ll get you drunk eventually, so I guess that´s alright....

2300.jpg