Theatre of Tragedy

benny

Artifact Of Chaos
May 4, 2001
Seattle
www.myspace.com
Ok I have two mp3's by them "Venus" absolutly amazing the best female vocalist I have ever heard. And "Angelique" I am addicted to just those two songs. Anyone got any info on their albums? Which is best to get first. I have been looking for Aegis for a while now with no luck, anyone know a place I could order that from?

Well....
I like the Aegis best, but some metalheads would't agree with me, cause Theatre of Tragedy debut(same tiltle,1995) and sophomore Velvet Darkness They Fear (1996) are more Metal, and the Aegis is album that spread the word about gothic metal among the people who aren't into metal at all and like female vocals.
Interesting access(sorry, cannot remember some other term) to the lyrics, about Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet( in old English, adoring Shakespeare and all that), there were a 7 of them in the early days(now slimmed down to 5 piece I think).
Latest Musique(released last year on Nuclear Blast; the first three are on Massacre records) is really crap, I mean SHIT, don't even TRY to like it.
I mean, I AM openminded when it's music, but that album hasn't any quality, you know. They just sound cheap.
But the Aegis is really awesome, maybe a nice start for you.
But if you are more into doomy sound, check out the Theatre of Tragedy and Velvet Darkness first.

As you are from USA, I don't have any idea where could you get it.
If you want to make order online, check out www.emp.de ,
they have some amazing stuff.

Hey, the word "access" I used...... I meant "the lyrical approach", hope you don't mind.

You are into Vintersorg, right?(that's 'winter-frost' on Swedish or Norwegian, correct me if I'm wrong).
Which Vintersorg album do you like best ?
I've listened to the last two ones only, and to me, Odemarkens Son is better.(the singing in his native is much charming to me than the usual English :loco: )

l8r

Actually I just picked winter-frost because it sounded good for some reason at the time lol. I don't know if I can choose any albums as the "best" they all are equally great to me. But if you like Odemarkens Son you should most definatly get Till Fjalls and the MCD Hedniskhjartad. I do have to admit that his Swedish vocals are very nice for a change from the normal English but he has come so far with Cosmic Genesis and I do love to understand what he is saying. It makes you understand the great mind this man has for writing (if you don't understand Swedish). Also if you don't already own the two Otyg albums you should check them out "Alvefard" and "Sagovindars Boning" are the names of the cds. They are also completely in Swedish and have a very nice folk feel to them. I just recieved my Havayoth "His Creation Reversed" cd on Monday and I can't stop listening to it. I can't say enough for this mans musical genius.

Ok I have two mp3's by them "Venus" absolutly amazing the best female vocalist I have ever heard. And "Angelique" I am addicted to just those two songs. Anyone got any info on their albums? Which is best to get first.

I like Theatre Of Tragedy a lot, but yet I feel like sharing my point of view with you. This is by no means to put TOT's vocalist's voice down, but I think the vocalist of Nightwish has a much much more vivid and personal an approach to their songs/lyrics, and hence would specify hers the best female vocals I've heard (as obvious, they both sing opera).

Just like I think Mikael Åkerfeldt does goddamn amazing growling, but yet I find Mikael Stanne's (of Dark Tranquillity) better because of his much more vivid and personal sound, instead of the constantly same tone (and only varying pitch).

Cool I wish I could comment on that but having never heard Nightwish I guess I can't. Another band I will have to check out in the near future.

Yes, I have both Otyg albums, and I like the debut better.
It has very raw, even terrible production, but the songs on Alvefard have much more spirit than the tracks on Sagovindars Boning.
Eventhough, that's my opinion/taste..... :loco:

l8r