Theocracy song meanings

May 1, 2014
I have seen a thread floating around about "The victory dance," but I have questions about others, so I created a thread that is all inclusive. To begin, I would like the know the meaning of "Hide in the fairytale" and "Collide and Spark.".

I stole FABT's HITFT explanation from any old thread:

I believe Matt is referencing the Old-Man/New-Man terminology Paul frequently uses in his epistles. The "old man" is old in the sense of "the past" not in the sense of age. Thus, the old man (the one who was dead to sin) dying is a GOOD thing. And "starving the new (man) keeps the old man alive".....if you don't nurture your relationship with Christ, sin will still control you. In that context, the birthright of Adam and the curse of the old man are the same thing - Original Sin.

I stole FABT's HITFT explanation from any old thread:

Cool explanation. I caught the old/new man bit, I was confused by "Jekyll and Hyde in the fairytale" (very cool play-on words) and Matt's explanation of what the fairytale is. I don't have a very good understanding of "Soul sickness."

I interpret it to mean that when we come together (collide) we can "spark" a change. Maybe I'm off base, though.