Theocracy Tab Thread

Yoykex

Tab Maniac
Jan 4, 2009
Germany
Hello everyone,

Welcome to my tab thread. Here you'll find all my Theocracy tabs I've made so far (13) plus some info.

You can download them and more tabs from me here: Yoykex@ultimate-guitar

Here's a list of all the Theocracy songs I've finished and those I'm working on so far:

As the World Bleeds (2011)

06. 30 Pieces of Silver (01/12/2011)
[NEW!]

07. Drown (work in progress)

Mirror of Souls (2008)

01. A Tower Of Ashes
(16/01/2009)
03. Laying The Demon To Rest (23/01/2009)
05. Absolution Day (16/01/2009)
06. The Writing In The Sand (11/01/2009)
07. Martyr (16/01/2009)
08. Mirror Of Souls (04/03/2009)
09. Wages Of Sin (09/04/2009)

02. On Eagles' Wings (waiting)

Theocracy (2003)

03. The Serpent's Kiss (06/03/2009)
04. Mountain (24/04/2009)
05. Theocracy (17/04/2009)
08. New Jerusalem (10/04/2009)

09. The Victory Dance (16/04/2009)

Notes

All tabs are done with power tab, so you'll need the program to view/edit/play the tabs. It's freeware and you can download it here: power-tab.net

Those who don't use WinXP/Win2k can try "TuxGuitar". It is able to import power tab files. Here's the link to the official homepage: TuxGuitar

If you can't get it to work in any way, send me a PM and I'll provide you with a PDF.

If you like the tabs, please leave a rating at ultimate-guitar. If you don't, tell me what I've done wrong. ;)

I often had to write two guitars in one staff, these parts are indicated by high and low melody lines (sterns pointing down- or upwards). Don't try to play both melodies with one guitar. ;)

You should also take a look at the performance notes (using power tab editor), sometimes there are some explanations there.

Well, I hope you enjoy playing the songs and as always: comments and corrections are welcome. :)

Yoykex

Hello everybody,

I could finish "Theocracy" from the first album yesterday evening. It's not a very easy song, especially the lead guitars are a little "hasty" but I think it's worth the effort.

Have fun learning the song Val, I hope the tab helps. :headbang:

Yoykex

I always loved Ichthus, I don't actually know how to play guitar, but I'm sure someone out there would appreciate it :) . Nice job on all the tabs you've done so far though.

I'm pretty sure "Ichtus" will go on my agenda sooner or later. However, I think the next one will be "Mountain", but we'll see. ;)

Hi Yoykex,

thank you very much for sharing! Your tabs are very accurate, it's great fun playing them. Unfortunately I'm a very limited player, so when it comes to playing along to CD I must fall back to slower songs.

Hi sunrock,

thanks for the compliments.

There are a few programs that can be used so slow down the music without changing the pitch. This is very good for tabbing but also very good to learn fast/complicated songs.

I use the "Amazing Slow Downer", ask Aunt Google for more info. ;)

So "Mountain" would be a good choice:lol:

Maybe try "The Victory Dance" also, it has it's tricky bits but overall it's a fairly easy song to learn.

Yoykex

Yoykex, thank you for the hint. I have never even thought of searching for a program like "Amazing slow downer" until today... :Smug: Great stuff

No problem. ;)

It's also possible to change the pitch independently from the speed. Very helpful in case you don't want to change the tuning on your guitar for playing along with certain songs (Mirror of Souls songs are all recorded with tuned down guitars).

Yoykex

Ok folks, today's special: Mountain from the first album "Theocracy".

It's a fairly easy song, have fun! :headbang:

Yoykex

Yoykex as you seem to kick quite a lot of ass in this area can I ask you to tab a few (fairly easy) songs for me?
I'm a noob at playing, and even worse at tabbing so I need someone with skill to do even the simplest progressions.
I'll upload the songs or links to youtube later on if you're willing to help.

Hello Aletheus,

I could help, but this depends greatly on the songs, because I'm only tabbing what I like to play/listen to myself.

Anyway, let's discuss this further via PM. It doesn't belong in a public thread.

Yoykex

Hey everyone! It appears that I, too, am working on tabbing out some Theocracy songs. I have just some finishing touches to put on a couple of them before I post them in a few days... shall I put them here, or start a new thread for my tabs?

Bump for awesome.

...I'm still working (well, still procrastinating) on a couple Theocracy songs I started tabbing out. I'm stuck on one little part that's really tricky to understand, but hopefully, God-willing, you all should have another song or two at some point. Actually, they're done enough to be playable. I can post them here, and if you all should feel the need to update them, you'd be more than welcome to it.

Haha... I said I'd be done in a few days... That was in July... MAN I'm lazy.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see "One Eagle's Wings" say "work in progress" up there...I've just been messing around along with the cd for that one, and I would LOVE to have a tab for it! thanks for all the tabs dude!!!

Hey guys!

New album - new tabs. I've started with "30 Pieces of Silver", I hope you like it... :headbang:

Yoykex