Theocracy Tab Thread

Thank yoykex for the tabs!
I wonder if you can make the tabs for Guitarpro as well and not just for powertab? I think it's much easier program and better looking and would appriciate if
you could remake the tabs or whatever to work with that program too unless it's too hard/you don't have time! Thanks!
/D

Thank yoykex for the tabs!
I wonder if you can make the tabs for Guitarpro as well and not just for powertab? I think it's much easier program and better looking and would appriciate if you could remake the tabs or whatever to work with that program too unless it's too hard/you don't have time! Thanks!
/D
Hi DonneR,

I'm not using Guitarpro. I find it unsuitable to make professional looking tabs.

Of course PowerTab is also not really "professional" but it's as close as you can get without using progams like Sibelius and such.

However, you can import PowerTabs in GuitarPro. It works ok as far as I have tested it. I just don't see the point unless you want to add something.

True that, Sibelius takes an awful lot of time to get used to.
Yep. But once you've gone through that it's fairly easy to use and you end up with really great looking tabs. I used to make the songbooks for my former bands' CDs, worked out pretty well.

It still takes a lot of time, though.

However, the Sibelius format is also not something that's commonly used because the software is pretty expensive and although there's a viewer plug-in I can't post tabs in that format on ultimate-guitar. So Sibelius is out.

Are you sure that it works with Guitarpro? I got Guitarpro 6 and when I try to open up the tab with guitarpro it
says " Error loading theocracy_30_pieces_of_silver_ptb!. " So I guess it doesn't work after all?

Are you sure that it works with Guitarpro? I got Guitarpro 6 and when I try to open up the tab with guitarpro it
says " Error loading theocracy_30_pieces_of_silver_ptb!. " So I guess it doesn't work after all?

I've tried it with Guitarpro 5.2 and that worked fine. You need to use the "Import --> PowerTab..." function from the "File" menu.

Whoa. That's neat. Looks like you can do it with Tabit too. Too bad you never tab out the bass lines. :(

Too bad you never tab out the bass lines. :(
Well, I don't play bass so I rather leave that job to others.

There's only one exception so far: "Colors" from Audiovision. But that's only because I like the guitar/bass combination so much.

Hey Yoykex....I just wanted to say thanks again for 30 pieces of Silver. (For anyone who doesn't know, that tab was put up by my request)

Soooo, thanks a ton. Cuz I SUCK at tabbing stuff out. Oh, and I hope you have a REALLY nice thanksgiving....( ;) )

Hey Yoykex....I just wanted to say thanks again for 30 pieces of Silver. (For anyone who doesn't know, that tab was put up by my request)
No problem, man. If you think it's good, please leave a rating at UG. ;)

"Drown" should be finished soon, too.