Theocracy To Play ProgPower USA Pre-Party

Shakespeare II (hopefully) said:
I wanna go....but I'm 15 (nearly 16)....:cry:
i have the same problem
it sure does suck lol.
and matt, i never knew you attended progpower, did you go last year? if you did i then i probably saw you but didnt recognize you lol

This is just totally awesome! I went to PP last year for the first time. I knew essentially none of the bands, but had the joy of finding some new ones that I love and meeting all the cool PP fans (what a great bonding experience). So, I had already commited to going again this year. Pyramaze was the one band I knew before this annoucement. Now I get to see Theocracy and Circus Maximus (my fav band from last year's PP)!!!

Words cannot describe how happy I am at this development. This is HUGE for the band to get in front of this crowd.

I'm sure we've all noticed that the boys have been laying low recently (as far as these boards go). If the reason is a feverish attempt to have the album DONE and available before PP, then that is awesome. Nothing is more important in my mind that having that new album available for sale in the PP merch room. You will win A TON of new fans at the pre-party and they have to be able to buy the new CD or you may well lose them. So even if it means we don't hear a word from y'all for 6 months, then so be it!

Oh, and Theandromedastrain, love the Rob Rock avatar. I bought Holy Hell without knowing a thing about him. I had heard lots of people recommend him for Christian metal fans and when I saw that AWESOME album cover, I plopped down my $17 without having heard a note. And boy did I hit the jackpot! This album is unreal. Just unreal.

SeaStorm said:
This is just totally awesome! I went to PP last year for the first time. I knew essentially none of the bands, but had the joy of finding some new ones that I love and meeting all the cool PP fans (what a great bonding experience). So, I had already commited to going again this year. Pyramaze was the one band I knew before this annoucement. Now I get to see Theocracy and Circus Maximus (my fav band from last year's PP)!!!

Words cannot describe how happy I am at this development. This is HUGE for the band to get in front of this crowd.

I'm sure we've all noticed that the boys have been laying low recently (as far as these boards go). If the reason is a feverish attempt to have the album DONE and available before PP, then that is awesome. Nothing is more important in my mind that having that new album available for sale in the PP merch room. You will win A TON of new fans at the pre-party and they have to be able to buy the new CD or you may well lose them. So even if it means we don't hear a word from y'all for 6 months, then so be it!

Oh, and Theandromedastrain, love the Rob Rock avatar. I bought Holy Hell without knowing a thing about him. I had heard lots of people recommend him for Christian metal fans and when I saw that AWESOME album cover, I plopped down my $17 without having heard a note. And boy did I hit the jackpot! This album is unreal. Just unreal.
interesting, do you have a screen name? because i dont have the album either (heard clips and love it so far!) and would love it if you could send me the album through instant messanger-AIM

Theandromedastrain said:
would love it if you could send me the album through instant messanger-AIM

No can do. No offense, but copyright law and all that good stuff. I know a lot of people don't observe it, but as a promoter (and hopefully soon-to-be music lawyer), I need to be very mindful of the law.

So go out and buy the bad boy! Trust me, it's worth the money!!! :)

Not sure exactly what. Probably whatever job I can get ;)

I'll be graduating from law school in a year and I would LOVE to specialize in entertainment law and specifically music, but that's hard to do. Most of the entertainment law work is in LA and NY and I don't really want to re-locate. So, we'll see. I wouldn't mind being a agent for bands; that'd rock!

I'm able to make the festival, but not the pre-party! :-( I'd love to see CIIC too, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen this year, so good luck with the show!

Remind em' that Christians can make metal too! :)

If anybody's still reading this thread, I just wanted to remark on the Theocracy show in Athens, GA on 6-23-06. Fantastic set (even if it was only half an hour, and even if it didn't start until 2 AM). Matt and company sounded EXCELLENT and put on a great show, very high-energy and full of passion.

I took a bucketload of pictures from the show and they can be found here if anybody wants to go have a look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philcarter/sets/72157594177554437/

Looking forward to seeing the band again at the PP pre-show party!

cheers,
Phil