Apr 16, 2002
Houston
www.krucibleband.com
At this time I am VERY pleased to announce the bands selected for the
ProgPower VII Pre-party. Thanks to everyone involved and to Glenn for
the assist.

Theocracy - Matt Smith fronts this promising melodic, power metal
band from Athens, Geogia. After an initial start as a solo studio project,
Theocracy has hit the live scene with a vengeance. No stranger to the ProgPower community, Theocracy's music has been showcased for the past two years on the Progpower USA compilation cds. Their debut cd caused quite a stir with fans of Edguy, Sonata Arctica, and the like. www.theocracymusic.com

Circus Maximus - Back by popular demand, the Norwegian based
progressive metal band returns with their incredible array of musicianship, composition, and technique that "wowed" the audience at ProgPower USA VI. The band's debut release, "The First Chapter," continues to receive accolades from fans everywhere. The band will be peforming favorites from that release as well as their upcoming second release due from Sensory Records in late 2006.
www.circusmaximussite.com

Leatherwolf - the rejuvenated California metal legends are kicking their comeback intro high gear with a brand new album, due out in May, and their first-ever appearance at ProgPower. The current all-star line-up includes two founding members, guitarist Geoff Gayer and drummer Dean Roberts, vocalist Wade Black (Crimson Glory, Seven Witches), bassist Pete Perez (Riot, Spastic Ink), and guitarist Eric Halpern (Helstar, Destiny's End, Krucible). www.leatherwolfmusic.com

Circle II Circle - Returning after massive acclaim at ProgPower USA
IV, Zak Stevens (ex-Savatage) & company are ready to finish what they started the last time they were in Atlanta. This will be a rare opportunity for fans to catch them with an extended 90 minute headline set. http://www.circle2circle.net

Ticket & Event information can be found in the "Event Details" section
of the ProgPower USA website. As with all festivals, line-up and order of
appearance is subject to change.

...LEATHERWOLF? Damn, Shane, you pulled out all the stops! Another one I'll be sorry to miss!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!! i missed CIRCUS MAXIMUS Last year but i get to see them this year. and Theocracy MAN i am in hog heaven. Or shoud i say METAL HEAVEN Thank you Shane you are the man.

Well damn, I told mysefl we'd skip the pre-party this year unless there was an absolute can't-miss band. What do you know three can't-miss bands in the lineup (Circus Maximus, Theocracy, and Circle II Circle).

That is incredible!!! I absolutely love Theocracy (killer album), CM was extremely impressive (I guess Dreamscape have started a trend!), Leatherwolf (no clue), and C II C (wow)- It will be great to hear and see Zak once again. Who knows, maybe a surprise appearance by the Mountain King!!!!! Great job Shane, but where the hell are Shadow Gallery??? j/k
Very impressive to say the least!

WHOA! Circle II Circle, huh? NICE! And Circus Maximus was great. Every year the "ProgPower is a 3 day show" saying becomes more and more true. Gotta show some love for Theocracy too... good to see he finally put a band together.

Question: I remember hearing that the other members of CIIC were all pissed at Zak for not paying them or something. Anybody know if that was ever resolved (the fact that they made a second album would lead me to think it was...) or did they replace some musicians... or...what happened with all that?

THis is some most fantastic news. I love all the bands outside of Theocracy, but I have kids at UGA and will ask them about the band.

HOLY #$&%$^ !!!!

This is amazing. With all due respect to Glenn and ProgPower, this is the best night of the three. I was already planning to come to the Preparty, but now I plan to be camped out in front of the stage all night!

Zak Stevens and Michael Eriksen both singing that night, with Theocracy (and Leatherwolf) thrown in as well.

Damn, I am impressed! After last year and this year, the Preparty has essentially become a mandatory third night of PP.

Steve in Philly