There is no God

IIIIIIIIINNN THE ENNNND IT DOOOESSNN'TTT EVVENN MAAAATTTEEEERRR!

I remember my girlfriend at the time was the one who got me into Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and all that shit... from there I just progressed needing harder, better stuff. Although the first real CD I EVER bought was Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe when I was in Grade 6.

Agreed 100%, the CDs I know off by heart from when I was younger is The Marshal Mathers LP, Hellbilly Deluxe and Korn's Life is Peachy and Issues.

I remember when minidiscs first came out...I thought the concept was SO KEWL that I had to get a minidisc player, only problem was that the selection of minidiscs at music stores was so sparse. I ended up buying the first Korn album on minidisc just to have something, and I really liked it, and still do to this day. Can't say the same for their other albums.

I kinda miss that minidisc player, the sound was awesome. I pawned it for money to see Nevermore, tr00 story.

Limp Bizkit..hmmm... 3 actually talented guys + Durst + a DJ...

Well if you're in your early to mid twenties now, these guys probably played a significant part discovering music in your youth. Taking a sophisticated look back, these guys had actually two more or less decent albums (the first two) before they became acoustic representation of being retarded.

Back then when they first gained a bigger audience with their second record, these guys were basically the hardest shit being played by mainstream media. There just wasn't a mass internet around telling you off people you wished you had discovered years ago.

So they definitely had an impact and their fair share of people who would rather go to a Arcturus show nowadays. ;)

I can't really say anything about Limp Bizkit, I never actually listened to them, so I have no idea what they even sounded like. The only thing I ever heard Fred Durst on was some Soulfly song, and it was horrible.

Limp Bizkit..hmmm... 3 actually talented guys + Durst + a DJ...

Until someone can prove to me John Otto isn't worthless, I will forever request he takes nothing to the fridge. The rest I'd agree with, seeing as I had a copy of Significant Other. Then again I listened to Sabbath and Dad-Rock mostly from age 8-13.

Durst Keeps ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN .........

IIIIIIIIINNN THE ENNNND IT DOOOESSNN'TTT EVVENN MAAAATTTEEEERRR!

I remember my girlfriend at the time was the one who got me into Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and all that shit... from there I just progressed needing harder, better stuff. Although the first real CD I EVER bought was Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe when I was in Grade 6.

Joe, you got into metal from Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit?

I think that "era" brought much better acts to the surface than Rob Zombie (who was there beforehand anyway) i.e. Mudvayne and ... yes, I'm gonna say it ... Slipknot (especially their s/t reeks of raw aggression - in a very infantile way though, but still, this made for some good songs) and their was also a time when System Of A Down wasn't as annoying as herpes... yeah, hard to believe, I know.

Hellbilly deluxe is junk compared to White Zombie, and even if his first album was great back then, I can't say it's as enjoyable these days. Then consider how he only went downhill with his releases from there.

Joe, you got into metal from Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit?

No I got into metal from stuff like Rob Zombie, Slipknot, SOAD, Mudvayne, SYL, Cradle of Filth, etc.. I just kept finding newer and newer stuff that got harder and harder and I liked it. I meant that LP and LB was the shit that actually got me to explore the 'harder' music more, before I was just content with the radio and stuff.

I agree. And while I'm actually not a big

I think that "era" brought much better acts to the surface than Rob Zombie (who was there beforehand anyway) i.e. Mudvayne and ... yes, I'm gonna say it ... Slipknot (especially their s/t reeks of raw aggression - in a very infantile way though, but still, this made for some good songs) and their was also a time when System Of A Down wasn't as annoying as herpes... yeah, hard to believe, I know.

Agreed.

I'd have to disagree with that haha.

Well... maybe.. you're right! Contrary to these other bands I can't stand listening to them anymore, but used to like em a lot.

And btw, I didn't even know that albums came out on minidisc... can't remember seeing any store ever carrying some. I always thought they were just selling blank dics.

Given the fact that I exactly knew two people having a md player, it doesn't suprise me...

The only albums I'll admit to owning from this era are the self-titled releases from Sevendust and (hed) P.E.

And those are almost surely the wrong albums to admit to owning for this crowd.