Theres no hope for my XXX !!!!!!!!

:OMG: ....tubes have to be biased in order to operate. There is a bias mod for 5150s that some people have to make them a bit hotter. Perhaps you misunderstood something involving this? You are also talking like changing tubes will change the tone completely...different types of tubes in the same amp will do very little to the sound. Yes it will change, but not THAT much.

Youre mis understanding my take on tube swap.

I think it will smooth out the harsh mids.
And a 12at7 in the V2 will tame some of the shit
going on with the amp. Im not looking for a different
tone, Mainly looking for less upper midrange harshness.

And You dont have to rebias an amp, Machine head supposably
didnt have any "bias mods". Which is what i was referring to.

Sry for the confusion here.

Depends on many factors. Either way and amp is always biased or it wouldn't work. Whether or not it is biased properly for optimal performance is another thing.

Yeah i wasnt talking of the technical term
i was using the more widely recognized bias mod idea.

Robs 5150's werent bias modded like everybody says do.
And were boosted with sd1's ... which is what ive read so
thats just that.

Im kind of getting interested in the revolutions, some people
seem to really like those after getting them dialed properly.

ALthough listening to machine heads latest couple albums
It makes me wonder if theres anything needed besides
a boosted 5150 with a good set of tubes.. Know what i mean?

Yeah i wasnt talking of the technical term
i was using the more widely recognized bias mod idea.

Dude your attitude is cracking me up here. "More widely recognized" by who?...walk into a room of guitar players and say "hey guys my 5150 is unbiased". See if you don't get a bunch of strange looks.

I know what the bias mod is and I have performed the mod probably 15 5150s now. Although MOST 5150s in use today don't have it and they work just fine.
In which case...if you are so obsessed with machineheads tone...ebay your xxx and get a 5150. Problem solved.

Here dude, call Peavey
877-732-8391
Ask for Angus in the custom shop, when he answers tell him you need your amp to be "unbiased" and tell him to disconnect the gain knob because you are too stupid to use the fucking thing.
glad I could help!

Here dude, call Peavey
877-732-8391
Ask for Angus in the custom shop, when he answers tell him you need your amp to be "unbiased" and tell him to disconnect the gain knob because you are too stupid to use the fucking thing.
glad I could help!

Jesus, that was fucking classic. EX you are an absolute legend.

I didn't really want to get involved in this but on the off chance maybe one more person telling him the same thing might help.

1. Lower your gain, and keep trying with different settings

2. Try a different cab, many people prefer v30's.

3. Tubes won't make as much of a difference as to what you are looking for. It may change your tone, but it won't help with your problem.

The XXX is a good amp, and I have heard enough good clips of it (and heard it in person) to know its you that is using it wrong (not anyone else who has one and enjoys it).

MACHINATED OUT!

Jesus, that was fucking classic. EX you are an absolute legend.

I didn't really want to get involved in this but on the off chance maybe one more person telling him the same thing might help.

1. Lower your gain, and keep trying with different settings

2. Try a different cab, many people prefer v30's.

3. Tubes won't make as much of a difference as to what you are looking for. It may change your tone, but it won't help with your problem.

The XXX is a good amp, and I have heard enough good clips of it (and heard it in person) to know its you that is using it wrong (not anyone else who has one and enjoys it).

MACHINATED OUT!

Amen motherfucker!

How's it going? No disrespect to you but I have a friend just like you. You can't tell him anything cause he knows everything. That being said you'll never be happy. You had a great amp and you sold it because you thought you could get better. And as soon as the next craze comes you'll sell it for that. Your best bet is get the 5150 get Your tone.... Not machine heads. And stick to your guns. And don't ask for advice if you really don't want it.

Was all that really needed?

ANyway traded it for a 5150
and id say its MUCH better.

And its pathetic when people think
that THEIR view of something, or even a single word
seems to be the only one, And if somebody else
uses it wrong then its automatically strange blah blah blah.

Anyway I tried the thigns you said
it didnt sound good. Oh well cry a river about it?

Just like I said, I just prefer a 5150.
So whats wrong with that faggets?

/end of thread.

WOW....lol....you don't have many friends do you? well i hope you find the sound you're looking for. and good luck to you.

? See,, judging how many "friends i have" from a post on a forum.
What the fuck is that??? :rolleyes:

And thanks, The 5150 is the sound im looking for.
Boosted of course, I think it blows an XXX to peieces.
But thats MY view. which im sure... Is somehow stupid and wrong
..and probably keeps me from having many friends. :)

Man, this thread is just too much.

I think this is appropriate:
arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

You'll probably want to change the tubes on your new 5150. They're known to wear out very quickly and brand new, unbiased tubes will give you a smoother, more brutal gain structure for highly distorted guitar rhythm work and blazing leads.

Also, what is your guitar tuned to?

You'll probably want to change the tubes on your new 5150. They're known to wear out very quickly and brand new, unbiased tubes will give you a smoother, more brutal gain structure for highly distorted guitar rhythm work and blazing leads.

You are joking right?

Also, what is your guitar tuned to?

:puke:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/off-topic-tavern/329553-hi-im-idiot.html#post6460724

When people start making other threads about you just to laugh at you - whether it's for your inability to accept the words of others and see that they have a good point, or your harshness towards people who are trying to help you but seem to need a power drill to get through your thick skull, or your rejection of convention on one hand and your use of bizarre but 'more widely recognized' terms - two things could happen. One, you could turn into JP22. Two, you could stop blaming gear for your own incompetence and let people who know bloody well that they're talking about help you. Obviously, the second one will be more helpful to not only you but anyone else who could be in the same situation - on this forum you're getting the advice of professionals (and overly enthusiastic amateurs) who generally speaking could coax a better sound out of a dying yak with super-herpes than a lot of so-called 'pros' could out of the nicest gear in the world. You're getting more for free than most people coming out of recording schools are paying top dollar for just because these guys are badasses who know their stuff and who have the time to do for new audiophiles what their mentors have done for them - nobody here is getting paid for this, there's no massive ego boost that could possibly come from 'w00+, 36,038 posts on UM!' that would justify all the time spent figuring out what's wrong with people's sounds from 'erm, it's fizzy, should I add more gain?', nothing but maybe a discount from a couple of guys who sell things online and know that we can be better advertisement than magazine quarters. Use it, enjoy it, be grateful for it, and learn from it, or go straight to hell and don't waste anyone's time if all you want to do is shit like this.

Jeff