They made a V for Vendetta novel...

KILL TULLY said:
Haha, dude I pass my trade paperbacks around like crazy, they're spread out throuhg all of my friends, I know the feelings. Gotta spread the love, but I want the love back =(.

Fuck, I may just re-buy the goddamned thing. I haven't talked to this dude since HS.

Man, I'm pissed off now! Goddamn Tully and this thread!!!! :yell: :yell: :yell:

ALAN MOORE'S LIST OF INFLUENCES FOR VFV:

Orwell. Huxley. Thomas Disch. Judge Dredd. Harlan Ellison's "Repent Harlequin! Said the Ticktockman." "Catman" and "Prowler in the City at the Edge of the World" by the same author. Vincent Price's Dr. Phibes and Theatre of Blood. David Bowie. The Shadow. Nightraven. Batman. Farenheit 451. The writings of the New Worlds school of science fiction. Max Ernst's painting "Europe After the Rains." Thomas Pynchon. The atmosphere of British Second World War films. The Prisoner. Robin Hood. Dick Turpin...

Dick Sirloin said:
ALAN MOORE'S LIST OF INFLUENCES FOR VFV:

Orwell. Huxley. Thomas Disch. Judge Dredd. Harlan Ellison's "Repent Harlequin! Said the Ticktockman." "Catman" and "Prowler in the City at the Edge of the World" by the same author. Vincent Price's Dr. Phibes and Theatre of Blood. David Bowie. The Shadow. Nightraven. Batman. Farenheit 451. The writings of the New Worlds school of science fiction. Max Ernst's painting "Europe After the Rains." Thomas Pynchon. The atmosphere of British Second World War films. The Prisoner. Robin Hood. Dick Turpin...
Its awsome seeing comic book heros listed among the likes of that list =).

For people that don't even know the story of VfV:
he date is November 5th, 1997. War has ravaged England, entire races have been eradicated, the entire British populace is under constant surveillance, and the absolute power is absolutely corrupt. On this historic day, a man with a strong resemblance to Guy Fawkes (in action and dress) blows up Parliament. The bomber, a masked character named V, saves a girl named Eve from a violent crime and takes her under his wing. Moore's dystopian, fascist version of England, ruled by one central leader and his sects (named after parts of the body, such as Finger, Nose, and Voice), is systematically dismantled by the enigmatic V. Readers must ultimately decide if V is a mad anarchist/terrorist or a freedom-fighting avenger for good. Originally published in 1989, V has been reissued as a hardcover book with never-seen-before sketches and two new vignettes. This story is slated to be released as a major motion picture in 2006, and demand should intensify as the movie trailers come out. Combining alternate history with moral questions about freedom and identity, this book would work well in a school setting; and while there is some slight nudity and violence, they fit well within the framework of the story.

Trylakos said:
Im confused do you mean they made a V for Vendetta movie about the novel? Or am I ust really dumb?

V for Vendetta the movie is based on an Alan Moore comic, but now somone wrote a novel, based on the Movie, based on the comic.