they say, if you can mix METAL, you can mix anything!

jesterroot4

Jul 5, 2007
Croydon (south london) UK
Does gospel count? i'm telling you it was really quite easy to get it sounding ok!

I got given a mix by a friend owner of a studio and told me to play with it...
This is what I came out with.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/78461_wedowedo2ndattemptmaster.mp3

This track is actually about 30-40 mins long... and this whole band played it live in one take perfect.

no lie, this band got up on stage in the auditorium, had everything mic'd up and played this amazing set for like 30-40 mins with no breaks, there’s like no mistakes and there all incredibly tight!

Ignoring the genre, this is what u call having really tight professional musicians in your studio making everything 10x easier to mix!

i did try posting this last night but they started doing maintenance work on the site..

I dont agree... mixing metal might be slightly easier, imo, than something like this... at least for me...

then again... when something is written and arranged well... then played well... it does pretty much mix itself...

with your mix... I think the hihat is a bit too loud for the mix... and the mix is kind thin-sounding to me...

now with headphones on... sound like the low end on EVERYTHING is clipping... or you're pushing it too hard...

actually... in some parts sounds like the whole thing is clipping/distorting...

Even if it´s a more rocky background-element in here, I think the distorted guitars are a bit too far away / unpresent. But it´s damn tight, that´s right.
Good job dude.

Listen to anything by Sonia Dada as an example of recording this type of music. Those guys are amazing.

I don't know, it sounds very distorted and overcompressed, a bit like an old tape.
Sorry to say, but I couldn't enjoy listening to the mix, pretty stressful.
But I don't know how the basic material was...