Thick clanky Bass

Any particular one? I'd be here all day if I had to write them all out.

@CJ: Yes, the 'goodness' of bass strings goes in 4 hours. I'm serious. With a good, hard player, you will lose everything desirable in the raw string tone in that time frame. I try to push them out to 8 hours, but by the end I'm just not liking the tone of the instrument at all.

If I had it my way we'd be swapping the strings over every half-day.

Bump again.

This time I did the "Sine Wave trick" for everyone to hear.

Bass is 100% programmed with Trillian (for the di) and then through the UAD Nigel/Preflex and that track HP'd (the clank track)
Then a Sine Wave generator that was both HP and LP'd (the lowend/sub track)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11781470/UAD Sine Wav.mp3

Im going to start doing this all the time. this shit it awesome.
what do you guys think about the bass?

That's what gets me here. With these processing techniques you might as well be producing electro. Why not just bypass the real instruments entirely and get to the point? Why even dress it up as metal? Haha.

That tone is 100% jazz bass, just through a great DI and hit really, really hard. It's really just fresh strings and good processing. I've made a pod farm patch that does a similar thing. I'll whack it up tomorrow with a clip if I get a chance.

That's what gets me here. With these processing techniques you might as well be producing electro. Why not just bypass the real instruments entirely and get to the point? Why even dress it up as metal? Haha.

i think that's part of what has given joey a bit of a leg up on many other young engineers, especially in metal...i know dude was producing his own techno albums in fruityloops back in the day, and seems to have ported over and refined a lot of those techniques into what he does with rock/metal bands over the years...