things dat u dont like in kalmah ??

There are 3 things I don't like about Kalmah:
1. No a "Making of an album" DVD released.
2. No Live DVD released.
3. They haven't visited Russia with a gig yet.

:)

what that u dont like in the new album ? what u mean by direction i guess that kalmah in the new album made a kind of refresh as they u do in every album u will not find any of kalmah albums similar to the others in fact u find every album has its own style and the new one is just another kind of music they deliver so dont be that negative to the new album

Hi everyone, new on the board and I'm from Quebec so my english isn't perfect. I saw Kalmah at Montréal last year and it was AWESOME !! I hope they'll come back with more songs from FTR in their set-list. :)

Kalmah is one of my favorite band so it's always a pleasure to talk about it even if it's about negative things. I always thought Antti Kekko was an average guitar player despite the fact that he can writes some cool riffs and solos but.. his solos don't sound accurate to me.
Also, I think For The Revolution is one of the best album from 2008 but.. I think it's less complex and less "catchy" compared to The Black Waltz.

See ya~

Hey fellow Quebecer. I agree with most of what you said but... Antti an average guitar player? His riffs couldn't be catchier and the solos...Swamplord, They Will Return and Swampsong all have breathtaking solos, i don't see how Antti isn't a god to you. Unless you're talking about live performance where i have to agree it wasn't perfect when i saw them. Easy to understand if you consider the small number of shows they give.

All that coming from a guy who had to take a lot of time before appreciating The Black Waltz (i had been dreaming about Infernal Death for more than a month, TBW was a shock). It seems like you love TBW so that may be were we differ.

Hi Hidious. I'll be honest: It also take me some time before appreciate TBW a lot.. but now, I consider it like on of the best metal albums of all-time! ^^
And I think you didn't understand what I said correctly. Antti is a great composer in general.. but his technique skills are so lame imo. He never writes any unforgettable solos.. I mean, his solos just sounds "ok" to me.